powers of observation

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II

Cool Hand Fluke

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2006
In the Heart of Wine Country in Northern Californi
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6, CZ5, Coinstrike, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1235X, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites Surfmaster P.I. ,
, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dano Sverige said:
Your last sentence explains it all Mike. :wink:

Yeah Packer mate, i must admit that due to Hollywood and tv your trains are known worldwide as mobile paintshops! Especially the subway trains. I blame "the warriors"! :laughing9:

I am at a loss as to what you just said? :tongue3:

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
psst Mike: he is a former Britlander that was kicked out, but aussieland wouldn't have him,
however the sweedy blonds kinda liked him so they accepted him. He even speaks passable
gringoese.

Don Jose de La Mancha

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I gotcha dano. They call painting this junk all over "tagging". They don't "tag" your trains over there?
Mike, he is saying he agrees with your observation about demonizng the white guy. Actually, think about it. If it wasn't for minorities, hillbillies and drugged up women, the tv show "Cops" wouldn't exist.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well at least Dano is up on his movies, that was the worst movie ever filmed.

Anyway, after the release of that movie, NYC replaced all the train with anti graffiti trains, so tagging is now a thing of the past. The trains are all paint free now :hello2:

Note: This is keeping with the topic in being able to distinguish clean trains :laughing7:

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
Meh! Warriors was a great film....years ago! lol. Due to running out of books for now, i'm forced to go through the girlfriends DVD collection. She has the biggest collection of crap films ever! :laughing9:

The "most godawful film ever" of the moment is "blowout" with John Travolta. Ugh! :-X

Our trains generally stay "tag" free Packer for some reason. :dontknow:

kenley

Nov 2, 2008
Seminole County, Ok.
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
In the Corps, we called these "Kim Games". I still catch myself doing it. My favorite exercise went like this:
About the third hour of a four hour evening class, there are about a dozen students sitting in the class room.
It was one of those "lecture halls" with a podium in a lower area of the room, and desk are in rows around it.
Double swinging doors at the top of the isle and a door on each side of the room at podium level.
Bang! A cherry bomb (M-80) goes off in the trash can. At the same time, the R/H door flys open and some clown burst in shooting a Tommy Gun with a 50 rd drum. He has on one frog flipper, one US KEDS tennis shoe. He wears basketball shorts over a pair of one legged overalls. A canteen on his belt is upside down, and he has a pop corn popper on his back. He fires three burst at the scattering Marines, and backs out the L/H door. After peace is restored, it's "Kim Time" Get out your notebooks and describe what you witnessed. I got the Tommy Gun and number of rounds correct. Also the method of entry. I was searching the carpet for lint bugs and didn't happen to notice how he left. P.S. It was a Raquel Welch looking babe with a two foot long pony tail.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Here's one for you. That commercial for Subaru. A guy and his gal ride out to the country where the guy has set up a tent . The couple gets in the tent and are drinking when the rain knocks it down. the gal retreats to the car and the guy tries to fix the tent but gives up and goes back soaked to the car. Notice that the sun is shining the whole time and there are heavy shadows the whole time. They don't shoot commercials in the rain. Look at it closely the next time you see it.
Frank

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Someone needs to brush up on fireworks. A cherry bomb is not the same as a M80. The cherry bomb is jsit smaller than an ash can, the .M-80 is 1/3 stick of TNT and larger than an ash can.

This goes to show that observation is not only visual

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
I bet that's not a popular test of observation at Ft Hood anymore?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions