Government Shutdown.....Not to Worry!

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's OK America, Spart has volunteered to run the show if a shutdown takes effect, but he'll be needing some help. He'll be evaluating resumes and fielding questions posted in this thread. :thumbsup: >:( (Sorry Spart, That was a cute little yellow laughing face until I accidentally poked him in the eye with that big blue thumb. Now he's pissed.)

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
It might seem quite crazy, but I'm actually hoping that the government will 'shut down', so some people that actually know what's going on can replace these idiots and bring back normalcy to this land.

EDIT: It's actually just a four low. They'll still be their, but only take a few days off.

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funny thing. With all of the important and serious matters afflicting this country, the big impasse is whether the taxpayers should pay for abortions for the morons of this country. Sad. :-[

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Put me in charge of this problem Spart. I'll just have Flusie Susie's tubes tied 'til she's 20 and we'll save tens of millions!!

S

stefen

Government shutdown is due to lack of leadership...right from the top...the buck stops at Obammy :icon_scratch:

homefires

May 20, 2008
deming n.m.
Detector(s) used
Any thing Available within 50ft
Here in New Mexico, all the News Talking heads are on and on about how the military and a pile of other folks arn't going to get paid.. Horse Crap...

I was in the Military during a shut down and we got paid.

I my self would love to see the Gooberment shut down for say 6 months.

Maybe we could create the jobs we need with out being stepped on.

Without them changing the rules of the game in the middle of the game, we could figure out the Rules.?

Status Quo! Talking Heads with Propaganda for there Fearless Leaders.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So Spart, can I get a huge government grant to investigate the side effects of being filthy rich and spoiled beyond reality? I'm sure this information could be of great benifit to the vast majority of Americans who have no idea why the governemt is working very hard to prevent them from being subjected to such a miserable existence. What do you say? :thumbsup:

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
packerbacker said:
Put me in charge of this problem Spart. I'll just have Flusie Susie's tubes tied 'til she's 20 and we'll save tens of millions!!

Not a bad idea, unfortunately it will still be costly to do this procedure.. Anyway, your application is under consideration. :thumbsup:

Just because the government shuts down, doesn't mean that they won't collect their full checks at a later time. This is a free vacation, from the vacation they are on already. :tongue3:

First order of business is productivity, productivity like that in the private sector. If you're not productive in the job you have, guess what, you will no longer have a job. Most people face termination when they can't perform, here we reward losers with better jobs.

Unions - Tolerated in the private sector, but discouraged
Unacceptable in any government sector - They will only reward themselves on our dime.

As for grants, I do believe in them.. And in keeping with their namesake Grant, they will be rewarded with a $50 one time payout :headbang:

More to come, I need a nap :laughing9:

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The answer to all of America's problems lie in the fact that partisan politics have divided the country.
We all need to remember that we are Americans first.
"To Protect and Defend the Constitution of the United States, so help me God."

We are engaged in 3 different theaters of "conflict" at present. Where is the uniform support among the general populace of our country for the brave men and women serving ?

I'll tell you where. They are quibbling and crying like spoiled brats who want your toys and can't get them unless they threaten to take their toys and go home. Bunch of arrogant, self-serving constitution hostage takers....(Republican AND Democrat)

Ummmm....
Did I miss anything?

Best,
Scott

PS. I remember stories from my Mom and Grandmother about WWII and the rationing and scrap drives. I remember the Viet Nam era and the draft. My number was coming up, but the "conflict" ended before I was eligible. I still volunteered out of high school. Guess that's why I STILL love my Country! :icon_salut:

Bubba707

Dec 28, 2010
N E Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
DFX, AT Pro, Vaquero, Cortes
The only reason they worry about a Govt shutdown is that the public might discover we can do better without them.

calisdad

Bronze Member
Sep 8, 2010
Groveland, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bubba707 said:
The only reason they worry about a Govt shutdown is that the public might discover we can do better without them.

Bingo ! :sign13:

(remember to vote the bums out. If you don't vote you have no business compaining.)

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
calisdad said:
Bubba707 said:

Bingo ! :sign13:

(remember to vote the bums out. If you don't vote you have no business compaining.)

The choices are appalling....which leads to apathy.

Scott

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
calisdad said:
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men.
Plato

Very apropos! Excellent quote and post! :thumbsup:

Best,
Scott

Bubba707

Dec 28, 2010
N E Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
DFX, AT Pro, Vaquero, Cortes
Since there was no one on the ballot I'd vote for for any position I wrote in Cthulu. After all, why vote for a lesser evil.

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
bigscoop said:
So Spart, can I get a huge government grant to investigate the side effects of being filthy rich and spoiled beyond reality? I'm sure this information could be of great benifit to the vast majority of Americans who have no idea why the governemt is working very hard to prevent them from being subjected to such a miserable existence. What do you say? :thumbsup:

I believe in what you say and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

In addition, I recently saw a movie that expressed it best (I don't have powerful quotes myself, so I'll quote them from movies). "It's only upon the precipice of change, will mankind change their ways. It's only when they are forced into certain death, will they make the correct decisions".

SO, as an American, it appears as though it will be a circumstance of complete injustice, that we will finally stand up and fight the DOMESTIC enemies.

S

stefen

packerbacker said:
Funny thing. With all of the important and serious matters afflicting this country, the big impasse is whether the taxpayers should pay for abortions for the morons of this country. Sad. :-[

Whoa there packerbacker...lets not go off half cocked...

The morons breed like Lemmings and the abortions keep them in check...

The gene pool is less contaminated by this socialized governmental public service :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread