Summer job????

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Nowadays anything you can do to make money is interesting, considering making money is your objective.

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Red James cash said:
Nowadays anything you can do to make money is interesting, considering making money is your objective.
Red has my vote on this one,, I don't remember having the interesting choice at that age.. Hmmmm. Hey Dad? Why didn't I have the interesting Choice? Oh yea, I guess I wanted things :laughing9: I believe I got to buck hay, paint fences,, oh yea rebuild pallets. And i got to work cows and farm for free.. Oh man I miss those days when I didn't have to worry bout food.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Seldom does a dream job come along, especially at your age colorado14er. Take what you can get and do your best. One open door usually leads to others.

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well since spring time is here. You could tille gardens, cut grass. paint fences. help clean out someone garage or basement. Do what you can put a ad in the paper saying what you can do and see what happens. Good luck......Matt

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep in mind you can,t work at most places without working papers qwhoch you can get at 16. Many gave you some good ideas, but the best job is the one yoi create for yourself. Think of yourself as a business and sell a service.

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My granddaughter lived in Colorado and was able to work at Mc Donalds at age 15. Don't know what minimum age is. She ended up on the cash register. You probably won't find that interesting now but the experience you gain there would be priceless. Plus you can go through the change and look for silver coins! :icon_thumleft: PS......ALL the girls like a guy that can spring for a movie once in a while too. ;D

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
packerbacker when I grew up in NYC, it was 16, then you could get working papers

OP
OP
colorado14ers

colorado14ers

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2010
Naples, Fl
Detector(s) used
whites M6, Surfmaster PI
in florida its 14 years of age so im good :wink: thanks for all the tips and ill see what i can find this summer ;D

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
If you want something interesting to do ask around at construction sites. A lot of times they will pay you to clean up and they will teach you a few skills along the way.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread