Made my daughter cry

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For the last 6 months squirrel's have invaded my neighbors home by getting in the attic. They ate the wood shingles making a large hole and invited all their buddies. Well being humane my neighbor hired a guy to trap um. He used everthing but nothing worked. OK enough was enough so he hired me to take over at $20 a head. So far i have earned $60 but last night i blew it. I shot 1 but it was suffering so i got the shovel for a quick kill. :'( Just as i swung the shovel my daughter walked up. :-[ She saw the headless squirrel and ran in the house crying. Now listen i really didn't want to do it but the $20 bought a 18 pak. HERE WE GO !!

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
shes 25 :-\

TheRandyMan

Apr 3, 2010
Dallas, Texas
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II, Minelab Etrac, Ace 250k, Discovery TF-900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your life will never be the same... :laughing9:

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
make it up to her by cooking her a nice dinner and watching the lion king with her afterwards --explain to her the "circle of life" bit in the disney "feel good" movie -- only then do you explain that dinner was --- squirrel ala king --not chicken ala king over rice or hot fresh buscuits :icon_thumright: yeppers that will do the trick

#1 she will either understand it --or #2 she will never speak to you again --however if its #2 be very careful and be sure to secure the bedroom door from the inside every night when you go to sleep.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
aa battery said:
For the last 6 months squirrel's have invaded my neighbors home by getting in the attic. They ate the wood shingles making a large hole and invited all their buddies. Well being humane my neighbor hired a guy to trap um. He used everthing but nothing worked. OK enough was enough so he hired me to take over at $20 a head. So far i have earned $60 but last night i blew it. I shot 1 but it was suffering so i got the shovel for a quick kill. :'( Just as i swung the shovel my daughter walked up. :-[ She saw the headless squirrel and ran in the house crying. Now listen i really didn't want to do it but the $20 bought a 18 pak. HERE WE GO !!

:laughing9:

ivan salis said:
make it up to her by cooking her a nice dinner

Squirrel over the Grill :laughing7:

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
come on, this is a joke right?

she is 25! tell her to get a grip

if this is true, yes explain the damage and cost of that damage out of your pocket and the disease etc.....and when she is older and some critter becomes an infestation, she will understand real fast.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
around my house --PETA means -- People Eating Tasty Animals * :headbang:

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
texastee2007 said:
if it's a gray squirrel they do taste somewhat like chicken!
nope red tail ;D

Zephyr

Nov 26, 2006
You should make it up to her by giving her a gift. Just nail a few more of the lil squirbos to make her a hat or coat out of them.... ;D

Gold_Striker

Sep 27, 2010
Denver,CO
Detector(s) used
xterra 705 by minelab
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Perppermint ..........

Rodents are allergic to peppermint get cotton balls or pieces of cloth or anything and put peppermint oil on them and place them wherever you do not want the squirrels to go.

My pastor tried it after his wife complained they were eating her garden and said after the peppermint cotton balls were placed then he noticed the squirrels avoiding his whole yard

lumbercamp

Jun 22, 2006
$20 a squirrel? I'm doing something wrong. I have trapped nuisance squirrels from my neighbors and got paid nothing. At the price you're getting per head you will need a continuous supply. Under the cover of darkness, spread some corn around your neighbors yard to bring more squirrels in. You're gonna live good for a while.

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
saw some road kill yesterday and thought hmmmm....... no that would be so wrong :wink:

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
texastee2007 said:
aa battery said:
texastee2007 said:
if it's a gray squirrel they do taste somewhat like chicken!
nope red tail ;D

The red ones are great also...just don't ever eat one of the nasty CA ground squirrels who are sent by the devil himself to be a pestilence to the farmers. LOL I use to set for hours blasting them as they popped out of their hole...now they have these to get rid of them. Who doesn't like to blow things up?

you know frum livin out here they are bad. pepermint huh.

Tony66

May 28, 2008
Tampa Bay Area Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II
Gold_Striker said:
Perppermint ..........

Rodents are allergic to peppermint get cotton balls or pieces of cloth or anything and put peppermint oil on them and place them wherever you do not want the squirrels to go.

My pastor tried it after his wife complained they were eating her garden and said after the peppermint cotton balls were placed then he noticed the squirrels avoiding his whole yard

Does it work on fruit rats and mice too. ???

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
texastee2007 said:
Super AA tell her you were trying out new recipes....you want to write a survivor cook book...so nothing is going to waste...LOL

Super AA Squirrel wrapped in bacon

~ squirrel legs, front or rear, amount depends upon how hungry you are
~ beer
~ garlic powder
~ pepper
~ salt
~ minced onion
~ hickory smoked bacon

Soak the legs in beer for 2 – 3 hours. Remove and drain.

Sprinkle to taste with garlic powder, pepper, salt and the minced onion.

Wrap each leg with bacon. Secure with toothpicks if necessary.

Place on hot grill. Cook over medium heat until cooked through.

Serve with your favorite sides.

Enjoy.

or throw away squirrel and drink the Beer.

Taste like chicken squirrel

~ quartered and cleaned squirrels, 1 per person
~ buttermilk
~ OldBay seasoning
~ flour
~ salt & pepper
~ shortening

Soak your meat for at least an hour in buttermilk.

Combine the flour & OldBay until you can see the flour turn light pink. Sprinkle in some salt and pepper to taste.

Heat up your shortening to 375 degrees in a iron skillet or deep fryer deep enough to cover the meat.

Roll or shake your meat in the flour mix and fry until the coating is golden brown.

Take it out and place it on a rack to drain. Place it in your oven for about 1/2 hour at 275 degrees.

Serve and Enjoy!
;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread