Love You Mom

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
Greetings, I received an email that is too good not to share. And it is a good reminder that Mother's Day
is less than a month away. Time enough for those of you whose Mother's are still alive to plan on doing
something extra nice for her. To take her out to dinner, take her some flowers, or maybe do some yard
work for her if she doesn't live too far away. If she does, send a little gift and a card with a special note..
Anything to show her a little appreciation and that you love her. It would mean a lot to her. Mothers
are not around forever, so it is good to let them know you care while you still can. I know it would mean
very much to her. The main thing is to tell her that you love her. I don't know who wrote the following
email as it was forwarded to me from a friend and it didn't state an author. It has probably passed through
several hands. I hope you enjoy reading it.

It goes as follows.....

Love You Mom

After 17 years of marriage, my wife wanted me to take another woman out to dinner and a movie. She
said, "I love you, but I know this other woman loves you and would love to spend some time with you."

The other woman that my wife wanted me to visit was my MOTHER, who has been alone for 20 years,
but the demands of my work and my two boys had made it possible to only visit her occasionally. That
night I called to invite her out to dinner and a movie.

"What's wrong, aren't you well?" she asked.

My Mother is the type of woman who suspects that a late night call or a surprise invitation is a sign of
bad news. "I thought it would be pleasant to spend some time with you," I responded. "Just the
two of us."

She thought about it for a moment and then said, "I would like that very much."

That Friday after work, as I drove over to pick her up I was a bit nervous. When I arrived at her house,
I noticed that she, too, seemed to be nervous about our date. She waited in the door. She had curled
her hair and was wearing the dress that she had worn to celebrate her last birthday on November 19.

She smiled from a face that was as radiant as an angel's. "I told my friends that I was going to go out
with my son, and they were impressed." she said as she got in to that new white van. "They can't wait
to hear about our date."

We went to a restaurant that, although not elegant, was very nice and cozy. My Mother took my arm
as if she were the First Lady. After we sat down, I had to read the menu. Her eyes could only read
large print. Halfway through the entries, I lifted my eyes and saw Mom sitting there staring at me. A
nostalgic smile was on her lips. It was I who used to have to read the menu when you were small,"
she said. "Then it's time that you relax and let me return the favor." I responded.

During the dinner, we had an agreeable conversation--nothing extraordinary, but catching up on recent
events of each other's life. We talked so much that we missed the movie.

As we arrived at her house later, she said, "I'll go out with you again, but, only if you let me invite you."
I agreed.

"How was your dinner date?" asked my wife when I got home. "Very nice. Much more so than I could
have imagined," I answered.

A few days later, my mother died of a massive heart attack. It happened so suddenly that I didn't have
a chance to do anything for her.

Some time later, I received an envelope with a copy of a restaurant receipt from the same place Mother
and I had dined. An attached note said: "I paid this bill in advance. I wasn't sure that I could be there;
but, nevertheless, I paid for two plates - one for you and the other for your wife. You will never know
what that night meant for me. I love you. Son"

At that moment, I understood the importance of saying in time: "I love you" and to give our loved ones
the time that they deserve. Nothing in life is more important than your family. Give them the time they
deserve, because these things cannot be put off till 'some other time'.

Somebody said it takes about six weeks to get back to normal after you've had a baby....Somebody doesn't
know that once you're a mother, 'normal' is history.

Somebody said you learn how to be a mother by instinct....Somebody never took a three-year-old shopping.

Somebody said being a mother is boring....Somebody never rode in a car driven by a teenager with a
driver's permit. Somebody said if you're a 'good' mother, your child will 'turn out good'....Somebody
thinks a child comes with directions and a guarantee.

Somebody said you don't need an education to be a mother.... Somebody never helped a forth grader
with his math.

Somebody said you can't love a second child as much as you love the first.... Somebody doesn't have
two children.

Somebody said the hardest part of being a mother is labor and delivery.... Somebody never watched
her 'baby' get on the bus for her first day of kindergarten.... or on a plane headed for military
'boot camp'

Somebody said a mother can stop worrying after her child gets married.... Somebody doesn't know
that marriage adds a new son or daughter-in-law to a mother's heartstrings.

Somebody said a mother's job is done when her last child leaves home.... Somebody never had
grandchildren.

Somebody said your mother knows you love her,so you don't need to tell her....
Somebody isn't a mother.

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear that you didn't get to spent your 2nd date with your mother. I know how you feel my mom passed away and she never got to see her grandson. That was all she talked about. But I know in my heart that she see him everyday. This was a great letter thanks for sharing.......Matt

OP
OP
Ray S S

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Greetings, Matt, I am sorry, but I think you misunderstood my message. I will go back up and modify it to
make it plainer. It is an email I just received and wanted to pass it along. I have no idea who wrote it.
At the bottom of the first paragraph I mentioned that 'here is the email'
Then I said, 'it didn't say who wrote it'

I am sorry to hear about your mom passing away without being able to meet her grandson. But, like you said,
'you know in your heart that she sees him everyday' so you can take 'heart' with that knowledge. From what
you say here, I believe you are right.

My Mother passed away a little over 20 years ago and I know in my heart that she is also in heaven watching
over me and my family.

Thank you very much for your kind reply.

Have a great day and God bless

Ray

OP
OP
Ray S S

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Gold Striker Ok, Thank you
Have a good day and I hope you find lots of that gold. :thumbsup:

Ray

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my parents are the best. I grew up well.
if you have a geat Mom then you are well ahead in the game of life.
those less fortunate, I sure feel sorry for them, but yes, if your Mom is the good kind, be supportive etc. My Mom gets the best from me, because she gave the best of herself to me! and my brothers.

OP
OP
Ray S S

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Hello, Farmer Chick, that sounds real great. I am glad for you and I know that she feels well rewarded for
love and care you show to her. That kind of treatment gives the best of feelings to each of you.
May God bless.
Ray

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks Ray
honestly I feel for those less fortunate on the 'good beginning in life'
I think it means so much if family life was great when a kid or not.
not always, some prevail way above the beginning, and I applaud them but that "good beginning' is so key in any species.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like that Ray. I still think about my Mom pretty much every day. She died 17 years ago. Some days I'm glad she ain't here to see what I'm up to, but mostly I miss her. I only have one regret about her, and it's very minor and stupid, so I shall not mention it. Good post. Mom would have liked it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread