What The Older Folks Say...

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
"Boy , I can't stop you from doing that . But , BY GOD !, I can break you of the habit ...."

Words spoken to an 18yr old dummy just before he swung a punch in a late night redneck bar .

That old man was good to his word , too ................. Last time I ever picked a fight . Finished many , but I never picked another . He broke me of the habit ; that retired Gunny Sgt. did .

WindHarvester

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2007
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker 2 - My eyes
"Boy, that girl's your damn cousin and you both better get out of that woodshed." :laughing7:

I hope you all know I made that up. :laughing9:

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
truckinbutch said:
"Boy , I can't stop you from doing that . But , BY GOD !, I can break you of the habit ...."

Words spoken to an 18yr old dummy just before he swung a punch in a late night redneck bar .

That old man was good to his word , too ................. Last time I ever picked a fight . Finished many , but I never picked another . He broke me of the habit ; that retired Gunny Sgt. did .

My old man told me, never accept an invitation to fight; be the one to tell the story proudly later.
That meant to me that I had to either always win or not fight. I chose to always win. :whip2:
And, I have! :thumbsup:
Ya really don't want to mess with an old Veteran; They've seen more combat than you and they've lived a full life...come and get it punk...

Best,
Scott

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AU24K said:
My old man told me, never accept an invitation to fight; be the one to tell the story proudly later.
That meant to me that I had to either always win or not fight. I chose to always win. :whip2:
Ya really don't want to mess with an old Veteran; They've seen more combat than you and they've lived a full life...come and get it punk...

Best,
Scott

My God!
I've just realized that I'm an....."Older Folk!" GASP!

Best Wishes,
Scott

WindHarvester

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2007
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker 2 - My eyes
"Son, you ain't no Doctor so quit trying to play one with all the neighbor girls"

I had high hopes of becoming a Doctor. :dontknow:

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
AU24K said:
AU24K said:

Best,
Scott

My God!
I've just realized that I'm an....."Older Folk!" GASP!

Best Wishes,
Scott
Bofus got older because we learned from folks older than us . Up to us to corrupt another generation . :headbang:

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Truckin' Buddy,
I feel ya, Bro.
I remember hearin' that several times.
So I've decided to educate the next generation! :thumbsup:
(even if it means explaining what "older folks" sayings meant at the time and how they apply to what's going on today)

Always my best,
Scott

PS. Eliminate FUBAR'S and SNAFU'S! Thus reducing situations of IDGAF and DILLIGAF. Dig?

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
AU24K said:
Truckin' Buddy,
I feel ya, Bro.
I remember hearin' that several times.
So I've decided to educate the next generation! :thumbsup:
(even if it means explaining what "older folks" sayings meant at the time and how they apply to what's going on today)

Always my best,
Scott
Gotchur back , Buddy .
Jim

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
darn it , if I remember correctly , farts aren't lumpy . :help:

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't bite off more than you can chew (I heard that one alot growing up)

Paybacks a bitch!

Nothing is as it seems.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
do not let your hundred dollar mouth write a check , that your fifty cent butt can't cover.

if I was young again I'd whoop ya , but since I'm old now -- guess I 'll just have to settle for shooting ya. ( my 80 year old grandfather * upon having a 30ish loud mouthed punk threaten to beat the crap out of " that old fart"--- up once gramps said that and pulled out his pistol * the punk started singing a very much differant tune- ( please don't kill me)--

lesson learned --young folks will fight you , but old folks will kill you.

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you're going to dance to the jig, you must pay the piper.

Robbing Peter to pay Paul.

Best,
Scott

S

stefen

And as always, the grumpy old man in the porch rocker says to his grandkid, "Here, pull my finger" :coffee2:

Rooter

Apr 14, 2009
Central Florida mountains
I remember "I'm gonna knock the stuffin' out of you" and "I've forgotten more than you'll ever know". I use that one myself on the younger guys that work for me.

My Uncle charlie always used to tell my dog to "Go home your mother has buns" I never knew WTH that meant.

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rooter said:
I remember "I'm gonna knock the stuffin' out of you" and "I've forgotten more than you'll ever know". I use that one myself on the younger guys that work for me.

My Uncle charlie always used to tell my dog to "Go home your mother has buns" I never knew WTH that meant.

That reminds me of "hush puppies" and the origins of the name of such.
I've heard the story, more than once, from here, deep in the South, that during fish fries and BBQ events, the cooks would deep-fry balls of batter and throw them as far away as they could and the "stray" dogs would chase them and thus be "hushed" from begging.....

Best,
Ummmm....Oh, YEAH! I like "hush puppies!" :headbang:
(Don't know about chasin' 'em though.... :tongue3:)

Best,
Scott

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread