North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So kind to take the time and help!
great video --I enjoyed it alot.
Time to nuture, time to slow down and help. I love it! :)

We are hummer people.... :laughing7:....so sad to see them migrate but so wonderful to see them come back each season!

OP
OP
Ray S S

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
That's for sure, Farmer Chick, Hummers are fun to watch. We have three hummer feeders along with
the other bird feeders. It is amazing how they can hover in the air and stick their long beak in the little
flower on the feeder. And when they perch, their feet are so tiny. We have a feeder on a suction cup
stuck to the window at our table. Sometimes while we are eating we get a birds-eye view of them. It
is interesting to watch them so close-up.

Tee, yes i saw that, too. he looks like he is enjoying taking care of it. I agree about it being rare these days
for a younger person to show compassion like that. That little bird really likes and trusts him.

Ray

dpitt8

May 2, 2008
wa
up north of us we have this one cafe that has like 20 hummingbird feeders so you always see lots of hummingbirds.

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yea my parents put the hummer feeder on a pole hanger right outside their kitchen dining window.
those hummers are in your face...and so shiny. fun to watch for sure. Mom has a planter and plants one 'hummer loving' vine in it each year. Those wings at full speed are just crazy lol

OP
OP
Ray S S

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
dpitt8, wow that is a bunch.

Farmer Chick Yup, those wings are something else. They can be moving so fast and stop instantly. There
must be a lot of muscle there for all the control they have. LOL.

Tee, They are pretty tame to come up to your hand like that. Sometimes when we are out on our patio
one will come close to one of us and hover about a foot in front of our face. It's quite a sight when you
can look eyeball to eyeball with one. LOL.
You mentioned that one was so skinny. They are so small to start with, you must have seen him pretty
close up to be able to see the difference. Sounds like you fed him pretty good to fatten him up in a week.
He'll be your friend for life, now. :laughing7:

Ray

OP
OP
Ray S S

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Tee that was an interesting from you here. When Karen buys a feeder for them, she always try's to get ones
that have the little perch for them to sit on if they want. Also she puts red food coloring in the water. That
is supposed to attract them. A few years ago while on vacation in Arizona, we visited a valley and a special
place where people can walk a couple miles back into a canyon and see hundreds and hundreds of humming
birds.
We saw a brochure about the place and looked it up. But a couple of months earlier, one of their employees
accidentally mixed the wrong chemical in their spray for the trees and bushes and it killed almost all of the
hummers. The brochure showed some pics of the birds and they were so tame with the spectators walking
on the trails it would have been lots of fun and resulting in some good photos.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread