hollowpointred

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
bk said:
Hollow,
You might remember last summer I was told to leave a city park that was totally dug up with heavy equipment. The reason was of a park regulation that prohibits removal and/or destruction of vegetation within the park. (The only vegetation in the entire park were weeds that grew up since the dozer scraped 6" of the sod). They even cut down every tree in the park. ???
The Officer who made me leave even told me that they don't enforce the ordinance unless someone calls and complains. I said "who would complain about someone detecting in piles of dug up dirt"?
He was sympathetic, but had to respond to the complaint.
So who made the complaint? The Officer said it was a local guy with a detector who had been there before the park was dug up and evidently created a problem on more then one occasion to where the Officer had to warn him not to return or risk getting arrested. This guy must have seen me detecting and decided that if he couldn't detect there, nobody could. >:(

i remember that bk. that happened roughly around the same time that i started this thread. bunch of bull $#@! if you ask me.i guess its all part of the game, dealing with knuckleheads from time to time. at least i was able to come here and complain about it to sympathetic ears. ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread