Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Thread: Pompano!

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    manaloneblog.wordpress.com

Jun 2010
    Wherever there be treasure!
    An older blue Excal with connector, remote, Skullie headphones, and various coils. Got rid of the rest of my machines.
    8640 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Pompano!

Holy cow,...just tried some and these things are great eating! Anybody care to share their favorite pompano recipe? I think my stomach is suffering from love at first taste!
    "Treasure is wherever it can be found."

us
    Sep 2007
    florida keys
    ;whites dual PI
    96 times

Re: Pompano!

triple tail is like heaven...cobia is a runner up ,,,
    the burden of life..is just to see another sunset and..no giant moray eels<<<-----]:]:]:~~~~~

us

Jun 2010
    An older blue Excal with connector, remote, Skullie headphones, and various coils. Got rid of the rest of my machines.
    8640 times

Quote Originally Posted by KEYSHUNTER
    triple tail is like heaven...cobia is a runner up ,,,
    I was wondering about Cobia, heard they were really good but I don't know much about them yet.

pastorals

I like all of the above but would like to add Grouper and Dolphin (Dorado) to the list .

Alan

us
    Apr 2009
    Central Florida mountains
    1 times

Pompa YES YES YES! It is important to cook them with their heads on. There are oils which are released that add to the flavor. Just make sure you know exactly what they look like or you may accidentally eat a nasty Jack.

us

Jun 2010
    8640 times

Quote Originally Posted by Rooter
    Pompa YES YES YES! It is important to cook them with their heads on. There are oils which are released that add to the flavor. Just make sure you know exactly what they look like or you may accidentally eat a nasty Jack.
    Funny you should mention it, just the other day I watched a guy (down on vacation) cleaning a couple of good sized Jacks that he thought were Pomps. Easy mistake to make if you're not familiar with them.

Sponsored Links