Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here in Summit County, Colorado, the Summit Stage provides FREE bus service within the county. Granted, it may take a little bit longer to reach your destination, as they have stops along the way. A plus side is sometimes you meet the coolest people (besides me) or strangest as the case may be, ridin the bus. Apparently free public transportation is not viable in the rest of the country.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hypoman said:
Are you gonna complain about it or do something about it........

These were the words that I heard as I turned on the t.v today for an advertisement for the new Corolla. If I can't currently afford gas......... how can I afford your stupid car? I wonder if this kind of propaganda has any stats that we can see on whether or not it works.

Yea this is why some have been offering
Free gas with new Vehicles. But I Agree.

I Drive a $15 mile per Gallon Gas Hog
simply because it's paid off.

a $35 MPG Vehicle would mean
I Would have to Beg, Borrow & Steal
to get it, Then wait for the Repo Thieves
to turn me into a No Vehicle Hitch Hiker.

Costs me $50 to $150 a Month to drive a Gas Hog.
depending on time of year

a New used Vehicle would Cost me $200 Plus
a Month Before Gas :dontknow:

a New Vehicle with Free Gas would
cost me $500 a month,
Just to make the Enviro Nuts Happy
I Got rid of a Gas Hog ?

Not My Style !!

jayallday14

Jul 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Minelab Excal 1000
Buy a motorcycle....40-55mpg...ride it during spring and summer..even into early fall. With all the money you save on gas during that time, you will have plenty of gas money for the winter when its too cold to ride. Problem solved!

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
fistfulladirt said:
Walk more or ride a bicycle. Gas is still cheap here in the US, compared to other countries.
You sound like you work for big oil. icon_flamethrow.gif

Attachments

• icon_flamethrow.gif
    icon_flamethrow.gif
    11.1 KB · Views: 131

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stop the selling of futures for natural resourses and watch gas prices stablize.....Right now people are making millions of dollars betting on the rise and fall of oil prices with very little of their funds actually on the line compared to what they control.......

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hypoman said:

These were the words that I heard as I turned on the t.v today for an advertisement for the new Corolla. If I can't currently afford gas......... how can I afford your stupid car? I wonder if this kind of propaganda has any stats that we can see on whether or not it works.

That ad wasn't geared at you...lol

people who can afford to change vehicles could do it and save lots of money thru the years with the new car.

Not every ad is for everyone.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure_Hunter said:
Stop the selling of futures for natural resourses and watch gas prices stablize.....Right now people are making millions of dollars betting on the rise and fall of oil prices with very little of their funds actually on the line compared to what they control.......

It is also the Oil Companies
Terrorizing us,

Because they want Off shore Drilling Reopened.

& Being those in Power can afford Any price for gas,
just by raising Taxes, They don't care What we are going through.

You won't see them Standing Pumping gas.
They just have somone Call their driver
to take them to their Jet >:(

Allow Exploration, Prices will drop $1.00 per gallon
as fast as it went up.

bartholomewroberts

Feb 23, 2011
Cedar, B.C.
Detector(s) used
excal2, XP Deus, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When you live in the country, as I do, public transportation is only a very faint dream...... The nearest city to me is 80 miles one way. Luckily, I do have a diesel Volks golf.... at 55 mpg, at least it does not break me to drive to town every so often.

Cheers

Bartholomewroberts

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure_Hunter said:

Got that right.

The Money Boys got us but good. The whole system works for them, but not for us.

lonesomebob

Jul 14, 2005
Napoleon MI 49201
Detector(s) used
Garrett
During ww2 the federal mandated a 35 mph speed limit , as the best speed to save the most gas( dont remember what our mpg was at that speed) but it took forever to get from home to anywhere. The other day I paid 20+ dollars for five gallons. I remembered the 35mph thing. So I drove the 15 miles home at 35. It is amazing how many people you can PO doing this. lots of horn blowing, lots of fingers raised as they passed with a big roar. and the best part is that it was almost all double yellow line two lane roads. Fun!!!!!!!!! Bob

olroy70

Feb 3, 2011
gainesville, tx
Detector(s) used
Garret 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The prez wants us to buy from Guvment Motors!!!!

I say, replace the prez, and drill, baby, drill! we have more oil in ak than the whole middle east!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that's not counting the gulf!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lonesomebob said:
During ww2 the federal mandated a 35 mph speed limit , as the best speed to save the most gas( dont remember what our mpg was at that speed) but it took forever to get from home to anywhere. The other day I paid 20+ dollars for five gallons. I remembered the 35mph thing. So I drove the 15 miles home at 35. It is amazing how many people you can PO doing this. lots of horn blowing, lots of fingers raised as they passed with a big roar. and the best part is that it was almost all double yellow line two lane roads. Fun!!!!!!!!! Bob

Lonesome!!! That makes you a road rage enabler!! lolol

I agree with ol Roy, Drill now. The other day the head guy said that there is nothing that can be done in the short term to lower prices, a very small bit of truth to lie in your face and then tell you that you are stupid. Start an energy policy that allows drilling and exploration, and those very same speculators that some freak about will start betting on the new futures of availability, But that would make speculators the hero :o This we cannot allow, we need villains.

JDS

Jun 8, 2007
Kansas City Missouri
Detector(s) used
ML4000/ML E-Trac/Ace 250/Antique Groundhog
The government wants everybody to buy a new car. They really don't care about saving gas, they want us to assume more debt and create another false cash flow by spending money we don't have. The more we buy the better the economy looks. That is what got us where we are today. But they don't want us to do the math. My car is paid for. I spend $100 per week on gas. Now if I go out and buy a new $25,000 car and I can save $50 per week on gas. How many weeks does it take me to pay off the new car with the money I save on gas? You can't! It is ridiculous to even consider buying a car simply to reduce your gas bill. But this is the ploy they are using.

Junker ???

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am self employed and my business requires that I drive a heavy duty van or truck. I spend close to $200 a week just on gas nowadays. If I could transport my tools and my materials on a bike I would, but this isn't realistic. The people who I contract for don't want to hear,"I'm gonna have to add a gas surcharge to your bill because gas is so high". The whole situation is out of control and it is not gonna get ANY better. Our Gov. has been sleeping with the enemy for many years and that's not gonna change. At the current rate of inflation for certain products such as gas and food, those that are barley scraping by will not be able to keep their heads above water for much longer. Homelessness will increase, thereby causing more people to become dependant on the Social Services provided by the Gov., thereby causing a bigger tax burden on the "middle class" to pay for these services. It's a vicious cycle with no means to an end. Those that run the country (all politicians included as well as the mega corps. that have the MOST power) just do not care about the average citizen, I don't care what they say. Where there is greed, there is a silent danger.

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to deliver pizzas until about a year ago for a "not to be named" chain...
We had to pay all of our own vehicle expenses; gas, oil, tires, everything, including insurance. The insurance and MVR report aspects were closely monitored by the company.

The pricing policy for delivery was a minimun delivery charge based upon the current price of gas. Let's just say the delivery charge is $1.50. The driver gets maybe $0.80. The driver lives on tips, I tell you!
It was not unusual to travel 20 miles round trip for a delivery. For eighty cents. ::)

When the economy is slow or bad, as it is now, people will still buy pizzas but stiff the driver! We work harder than the waitstaff at most sit down restaurants.
WHY?
Because we are also responsible for the pizza preparations at times.
I'm not saying that if you call in often and you are known to stiff the driver....well.....

TIP your delivery guy or gal! Even a couple of bucks. It all adds up at the end of the shift! :thumbsup:

Glad I don't do that junk anymore. :notworthy:

Best,
Scott

PS.
I've NEVER messed with anyone's pizza! That's just wrong on so many levels...

OP
OP
hypoman

hypoman

Jul 25, 2008
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
FarmerChick said:
hypoman said:

That ad wasn't geared at you...lol

people who can afford to change vehicles could do it and save lots of money thru the years with the new car.

Not every ad is for everyone.

I disagree. If the hearts strings of the poor can be played with that ole saving money tune, then that means money for them. Can't afford gas right now? Buy a new car and use less gas! This kind of commercial is not geared towards the rich. It is geared towards the poor and the green crowd(many of which are poor).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread