🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tastykakes are 5" Long

they are now putting 3 5/8" Long cardboard
under them ?

Is there a cardboard Shortage ? :laughing9:

Picture.jpg

The cardboard dosn't look Safe anymore either.
Probably Recycled Toilet paper.

& The chocolate tastes Different :(

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
In a word: SAVINGS.

There is an old story about Nelson Rockefeller. They were using 15 nails to keep his wooden barrels together for shipping.

So he tried doing it using only 13. It failed.

Then he used 14. It held. Thereafter, he ordered only 14 nails be used on his barrels.

He always bragged on the fortune he saved by using one less nail per barrel. :D

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
The chocolate probably taste different because it is recycled from the toilet paper they used for the cardboard. LOL Frank

Daedalus

Feb 2, 2011
Strafford , Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT / MineLab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's done that way so when they lessen the amount of the treat you will not see what they have done . And you will be paying more for less .

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yea Maybe they are waiting for Complaints
the cardboard is too small.

then they can shorten the cakes :thumbsup:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I just picked up a box of Tasty oatmeal raisin cookie bars. Not only did they drop the cardboard, the bars are not as wide as they use to be.
I can remember back to the days when the packageing cost more than the contents. Frank

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd actually prefer Non to recycled !

I am no fan of using anything "Recycled"

Unless price is dropped to 10% of New

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
packerbacker said:
I don't know Jeff, some ex wives can be ok. :icon_thumleft:

Ex's at the same Price they cost Last time ?

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everything has gone to crap! Everything still costs the same, but everything is either shorter, smaller, less amount, etc. Go to the grocery stores, canned goods that used to be 15oz is now 12oz! Bacon, sausage, etc, that used to be 1lb packages, is now 12oz! Toilet paper used to have about 3/4in spacing when slid all the way over to one side of the roller mount, now there is a good 1 1/2 inch space! Most of the time when I would go to the store here prepackaged ground meat used to be around 1lb or a little over, now they put 3/4lb of meat. Boxed food, like red beans and rice mix, gumbo mix, etc, now those have gotten smaller as well!! EVERYTHING HAS CHANGED, IT SUCKS AND I DON'T LIKE IT!!!!!!! >:( >:( >:( >:(

As far as choclate, etc. I don't eat it anymore because most of the candy bars and cakes, etc are made in Mexico, and they have a different taste that doesn't seem right. So I gave it up!! Now I do however by chocolate candy made here in the states so at least that takes care of my sweet tooth!

Pretty soon they will be packaging and selling everything equivalent to a tablespoon, just to really PI$$ someone off and make them go postal!!!

WindHarvester

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2007
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker 2 - My eyes
The only thing so far I have found to be the same is beer, you can still get a 30 pack of natural light for $15.00 and the cans are still 12oz. ;D

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WindHarvester said:
The only thing so far I have found to be the same is beer, you can still get a 30 pack of natural light for $15.00 and the cans are still 12oz. ;D

See you just had to mention it didn't you? >:( Now that the cat is out of the bag, some executive is probably going to read this post then he is going to explain to the board of chairmen that he can make more profits them and they are going to use 10oz cans and reduce the 12 pack to a 10pack and a 30 pack to a 24 pack!!!!! Great!!! :laughing7:

Now if this does really happen we can blame you for letting them know they hadn't changed the cans and pack of beer yet! :laughing7: :laughing7:

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
When we mark a package of our home grown meat 1 pound it still weighs 16 oz . Quart jars still
contain 32 oz . The cookies we home bake contain the same ingredients they always did and are the same size .
Local retailer raised a 30 pack of Bud Light $2 . Made it cost effective for us to drive 4 more miles to town and buy two rather than drive 2 mies to his place to by one and support the local economy.
After 3 weeks he advertised a sale on beer to get customers back .
Simple economics . They got to sell to stay in business . You stop buying , they look for 'Plan B".

Jeep

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2008
32°46′58″N 96°48′14″W
Detector(s) used
My other detector is a helicopter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hadn't noticed, the veggies in the greenhouse are still the same size and the squirrels and rabbits and
possums are just as fat as usual.

I still get 4 quarts of white liquor out of my homemade radiator distillery and my bag of bugler tobbacy
is the same size but I think they shorted me a few rolling papers the last time.

The local law is just as fat too, they ain't cut the size of them either :laughing7:

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
fistfulladirt said:
Life's too short to drink beer! I mean cheap beer
What's the difference ? After the third one you might as well pour it all back in the horse .
And if you are going to stop at three or less you probaby shouldn't mess with beer anyhow .

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why don't you call the company and complain,it might help? :help:

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad you pointed this out to me! I thought they were being kind by making it easier to slurp them off the cardboard after they have been in my shirt pocket all day. Now I'm REALLY POed!!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread