Mushrooms and dandelions

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
It's that warm spring time of the year when the mushrooms start poking their heads out and folks are hunting them . Cruisin rural roads scanning the banks in likely looking areas .
Same time that daytime burglars come out of hibernation and start cruisin rural roads . Happened again today . Pair pulled in my drive looking the house over instead of slowly scanning the banks coming down the wooded lane for the last quarter mile .
Startled when I asked their business they said they were mushroom huntin .
When I 'splained to them that the 'shrooms were in the shade back up the road and only dandelions
grew in my yard , fertilized by dead things , they went huntin somewhere else in a hurry .
No , it wasn't Poorhunter . He's welcome here anytime .

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My son hunts mushrooms in western Oklahoma, but he says so far it's been so dry they just pop up and shrivel up, and ain't worth nothin.

OP
OP
truckinbutch

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
RGINN said:
My son hunts mushrooms in western Oklahoma, but he says so far it's been so dry they just pop up and shrivel up, and ain't worth nothin.
Luck of the draw . Have a look at what my buddy Poorhunter posted today . I just live in a
perfect looking spot for burglars . Been hit bad 3 times over the years .

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you have that many morels growing around you. Could you please go and pick me a nice mess and mail them to me. My wife would love a mess of morels. I have not had any luck on finding them around here in the last couple of years. It is still to early here for them to pop up...Thanks Matt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread