Just Talked To Nana40 in AL

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
Nana and all her immediate family are ok following the devastating tornados in AL.She has no power but does have a small generator but nowhere to get gas for it when it runs out.As many of you know,she is located near Birmingham and Charlie works in Cullman and was at ground zero there when the tornado hit but he is ok.It's almost impossible to get through on the phone as lines are down,towers are down.I have no other info on our other members from northern Al.Pray that all made it through ok.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:o YES! I was prayin'! What an absolutely frightful day in Alabama. I hope to never see another like it.
Imagine watching this on TV, twenty minutes away from this event, and having your love in the center of this nightmare......

http://www.abc3340.com/video?clipId=5794583&autostart=true

My heart was aching and this entire valley heard me praying, I'm sure. Charlie was in downtown Cullman as this one went over. I was overjoyed when he finally managed to call to tell us he made it. I do know that there are quite a few Tnet members that live there and in the other areas of the state that are destroyed that I haven't heard from. Pray for them and all those who lost so much! This state is a mess.
Love to ya all.
Nana

ps...thanks to the best weatherman that ever lived. He's dedicated to his job! James Spann stayed on the air for over 18 hours Wednesday guiding us thru this nightmare.

F

Felinepeachy

Nana, I'm so relieved you are all okay. Keep us updated on our other members if you can. And let us know if anyone needs help with anything.

dpitt8

May 2, 2008
wa
Nana40 said:
ps...thanks to the best weatherman that ever lived. He's dedicated to his job! James Spann stayed on the air for over 18 hours Wednesday guiding us thru this nightmare.

someone should nominate that weatherman for an award for going above and beyond the call of duty for that.

Glad you and charlie are safe Nana. praying for the same outcome to the other Tnet members in those areas.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just talked with Nana, since things are "stabilized" at her home, electricity back on and all, she is going to drive up to where she knows where several TNet members live. Watching that video was awful scary, glad she and Charlie are all okay and praying the other TNet members are all okay too.

For me personally, I lost a military friend along with 3 others in a tornado that touched down near Meridian, MS. From the pics of the house, it looked like someone dropped a bomb. Rest in peace, Robert.
http://meridianstar.com/local/x641331470/Residents-look-back-at-storm-s-wrath

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, so sorry to hear about your friend, Judie. :'(
I have heard from these Alabama folks:
TimC
Chefman
Dixie
Randall
MartyGraw
MLHudson
Most have no power, but are safe
Please pray for those that lost so much.
Here's a blog that James Spann's (our beloved meteorologist) wife shared this morning. I couldn't help but cry all over again while reading it.
http://www.alabamawx.com/?p=47252

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005
Glad to hear you all are alright. It just missed us and hit a small town east of us. Glade Springs,Va. was completely destroyed. A truck stop and many houses were demolished, as well as many trucks. Their trailers were piled up like cordwood, and insulation scattered for about 10 miles up I 81. Three confirmed dead,but could have been many more.Thank God it didn't hit a large populated area.Now the cleanup begins as three exits are closed off, and thousands out of power.I feel sorry for those in Alabama as well. I know what they are going through.Good Luck. rockhound

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
River Rat said:
Just talked with Nana, since things are "stabilized" at her home, electricity back on and all, she is going to drive up to where she knows where several TNet members live. Watching that video was awful scary, glad she and Charlie are all okay and praying the other TNet members are all okay too.

For me personally, I lost a military friend along with 3 others in a tornado that touched down near Meridian, MS. From the pics of the house, it looked like someone dropped a bomb. Rest in peace, Robert.
http://meridianstar.com/local/x641331470/Residents-look-back-at-storm-s-wrath

We're all pulling for the survivors to get their lives back in order, sorry about your friends in Ms Judie.

Fossis...........

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_thumright:So glad they are safe :icon_thumright:

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad it's over but we still got the month of May to come. Sorry about your friends, River Rat. Never been there, but my Great-Grandpa was born in northern Alabama. I think I still have relatives there. I'll pray for all of them down there.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, ya'll. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread