The Perfect Gift For Any Office Worker -- The Killing Bow!

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
boogeyman said:
Spread open paper clip & a rubber band. Quick, accurate, painful, easy to use. You can't beat the price $.99 for 250 rounds!

Cool! Can you post plans for this?

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Michigan Badger said:
boogeyman said:
Spread open paper clip & a rubber band. Quick, accurate, painful, easy to use. You can't beat the price $.99 for 250 rounds!

Badger you gotta be kidding me! :icon_scratch: You mean to tell me you're around my age and you never got sent to the principals office for shooting paper clips?!?! :o Boy either you missed out or you're pullin my leg. :laughing7:

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
I use to use folded paper,folded as dense as possible. You could get quite the velocity out of it, it would also penetrate light cardboard :laughing7:

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
boogeyman said:
Michigan Badger said:
boogeyman said:

Badger you gotta be kidding me! :icon_scratch: You mean to tell me you're around my age and you never got sent to the principals office for shooting paper clips?!?! :o Boy either you missed out or you're pullin my leg. :laughing7:

No, after about the 10th time the teacher just made me stand in the hall outside the classroom. My thing was coming up with "wise cracks" that made the class laugh and sent me outside. I did do the "pea shooter" but oddly never got caught at that I recall. Spit wads were also very popular in those days. I really don't recall much with paper clips.

Other educational actions were greasing locker handles, placing water cups on top of doors open only slightly, knocking textbooks out of hands, the old tacks on chairs thing, etc.

One time back in the early 1960's I sent off to one of those mail order tricks and magic catalogs and got me some fake bombs made to simulate dynamite. I lit one and tossed it into History class and then ran like heck. In the background I could hear the class screaming. I never got caught for that one but it caused such an uproar I decided that was a bit extreme. ;D
Just imagine what would happen to a student who tried that today! But back in those days they just laughed things like that off and were no big deal after things calmed down.

Remember how just about every boy in school carried a pocket knife? Some guys brought their shotguns to school for "show n tell."

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Michigan Badger said:
Spit wads were also very popular in those days. I really don't recall much with paper clips.
It's called "use what you got"!
Didn't your parents ever give you a piece of string and a button, tell ya to go make a toy and entertain yourself?
Don't let my grandson see those things, please, that's all I need........ ::)

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Michigan Badger said:
boogeyman said:
Michigan Badger said:
boogeyman said:

No, after about the 10th time the teacher just made me stand in the hall outside the classroom. My thing was coming up with "wise cracks" that made the class laugh and sent me outside. I did do the "pea shooter" but oddly never got caught at that I recall. Spit wads were also very popular in those days. I really don't recall much with paper clips.

Other educational actions were greasing locker handles, placing water cups on top of doors open only slightly, knocking textbooks out of hands, the old tacks on chairs thing, etc.

One time back in the early 1960's I sent off to one of those mail order tricks and magic catalogs and got me some fake bombs made to simulate dynamite. I lit one and tossed it into History class and then ran like heck. In the background I could hear the class screaming. I never got caught for that one but it caused such an uproar I decided that was a bit extreme. ;D
Just imagine what would happen to a student who tried that today! But back in those days they just laughed things like that off and were no big deal after things calmed down.

Remember how just about every boy in school carried a pocket knife? Some guys brought their shotguns to school for "show n tell."
:hello2: :headbang: :notworthy: :laughing9: I know where you're coming from! We had an english teacher that was half as tall as the shortest kid in class about 64 years old. Never swore once until.......
He got called to the office & left us hooligans alone in the classroom. The other trouble maker & I completely covered the seat of his chair with a whole box of tacks. He returned and picked up his lecture as he sat down. He didn't miss a beat as he calmly stood up, still lecturing mind you & started raking tacks out of his rear. As soon as we cracked up we knew we were busted! Learned two thing about him that day! He did in fact swore, as he picked us up desk and all and threw us rear over teakettle into the hall. Very calmly telling us to go to the vice principals office as he closed the door and continued lecturing. That 75 pound old man acquired a mountain of respect from that prank.

Kinda weird you mentioned back in those days vs. these days. My buddy & I were talking about a week ago & realized that we did 90% of the stuff we did back then now days, I'd be writing this from Gitmo ;D Like dropping cherry bombs down the toilets & busting 13' of sewer pipe etc.

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
By the way, this thread is off-limits to my grandchildren and anyone under 21 (in some cases 91).

I worked summers for the rich folks in the area and they paid me about as much as adults made doing hard labor in factories (so I was the rich kid at school). Even back then few kids wanted to work.

Anyway, I bought my first car when I was 15. I could only drive it when a parent was with me until I made my 16th birthday. In those days driver's training was free and everyone took it at age 15.

It's an absolute wonder I survived those early years. There was this certain corner in town that all the guys in school (who owned their own cars) tried to take the fastest. I made the all-time record. I had a witness that day and did the corner at about 60 MPH. The car went airborne, took out the stop sign, and we hit the other side of that deep ditch (good thing it was there). We slid down that ditch about a 100 feet and somehow I got the car back on the road and was able to drive home. Unfortunately I had lost most of the right side of my car!

I was worried big time what dad would say and do! So I parked the car oddly up against the fence hoping he wouldn't see the damage for a long time. I walked into the house just as dad was leaving. Not 5 minutes later he walked back into the house and calmly said: "Next time you're in that area look for your gas cap." ;D

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
A while back, I worked directly across the hall from a guy that would clear his through every 3 seconds. (if you looked hard enough, you could probably find my post about it about 2.5 years ago). I would have loved to use one of these. I mean EVERY 3 seconds, 8 hours a day. I got one of those toy cow moew callers (where you turn it upside down and it moews). I 'Mooeewwed' every time he cleared his throat, trying to subliminally tell him that he needed to stop. It never worked. If there was anything positive about getting layed off from that company, it was not having to hear this everyday. EVERY 3 seconds.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Michigan Badger said:
By the way, this thread is off-limits to my grandchildren and anyone under 21 (in some cases 91).

I worked summers for the rich folks in the area and they paid me about as much as adults made doing hard labor in factories (so I was the rich kid at school). Even back then few kids wanted to work.

Anyway, I bought my first car when I was 15. I could only drive it when a parent was with me until I made my 16th birthday. In those days driver's training was free and everyone took it at age 15.

It's an absolute wonder I survived those early years. There was this certain corner in town that all the guys in school (who owned their own cars) tried to take the fastest. I made the all-time record. I had a witness that day and did the corner at about 60 MPH. The car went airborne, took out the stop sign, and we hit the other side of that deep ditch (good thing it was there). We slid down that ditch about a 100 feet and somehow I got the car back on the road and was able to drive home. Unfortunately I had lost most of the right side of my car!

I was worried big time what dad would say and do! So I parked the car oddly up against the fence hoping he wouldn't see the damage for a long time. I walked into the house just as dad was leaving. Not 5 minutes later he walked back into the house and calmly said: "Next time you're in that area look for your gas cap." ;D
Don't ya love how your Dad could tell you you've been busted, you might possibly still get a whoopin, you're not as slick as you thought you were, and he's not as dumb as you thought he was, and he's been there done that in just one sentence. :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumright: :hello2: :headbang: :notworthy: :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
mikeofaustin said:
A while back, I worked directly across the hall from a guy that would clear his through every 3 seconds. (if you looked hard enough, you could probably find my post about it about 2.5 years ago). I would have loved to use one of these. I mean EVERY 3 seconds, 8 hours a day. I got one of those toy cow moew callers (where you turn it upside down and it moews). I 'Mooeewwed' every time he cleared his throat, trying to subliminally tell him that he needed to stop. It never worked. If there was anything positive about getting layed off from that company, it was not having to hear this everyday. EVERY 3 seconds.

Yes, I see what you mean. That would be awful. Those habits continue and most people aren't even aware they're doing them.

The mind once programmed is almost impossible to re-program. I know two fellows with awful facial twitches but at least these are usually quiet. One fellow does grunt a little sometimes while twitching but both are totally unaware of their nervous habits.

One thing one never wants to do is think about breathing and swallowing. This is especially true at bed time. If one thinks about breathing one will not be able to sleep due to fear of suffocating. You'd be surprised how many people suffer from this mental dysfunctional programming of the substantia grisea.

Some poor folks may at times swallow a thousand times at night before finally drifting off to sleep. The breathing phobia people are often prone to hyperventilating. Some people have to keep a paper bag nearby to breath into from time to time.

Lots of hurting folks out there.

So, whatever you do, DON'T THINK ABOUT BREATHING OR SWALLOWING TONIGHT! ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread