Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's official...

Well, it's official, the U.S. as we know it will be in deep doo-doo very soon.

Headlines: Superman Renounces His U.S. Citizenship in 900th Issue of Action Comics

What gives here, even a alien superhero is looking to turn his back on our country.. Stock up on kryptonite just in case he wants to return stateside :tongue3:

I wonder what is going on in the creative heads of this storyline that is taking up national news time :icon_scratch: With all that is going on to change a folk law Superhero into an outcast is not a good direction. I wonder how it will affect their sales going forward. Yes, that first issue will bring some nice money in about 50 years, but I doubt I would see a good return before I go :laughing7: I wonder how many readers they may lose, opposed to the readers they hope to gain. :dontknow:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: It's official...

Ahhh You do realize Superman is a Cartoon Right ? :laughing7:

Anyway Carefull This may Turn Political & Need deletion :wink:

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

He is a cartoon :icon_scratch: bah, he's a franchise :tongue3: I know for a fact they wouldn't make him into a movie if he were just a cartoon :laughing9:

Well, I was hoping that it would stay entertaining without the politics, but if it doesn't, I'll breath new life into it in the other section :laughing7:

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

What even made matters worse is Jackie Cooper read the headline yesterday and that probably killed him... Remember, Jackie also played Perry White in a few of the movies and this news disturbed him greatly.

This stinks of conspiracy :read2:

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

How come Superman will stand there with his hands on his hips while bullets bounce off his chest but, when the crook throws his empty revolver at him, he ducks? :dontknow:
btw....in CA Superman has come out of the closet.
Probably figures, if he's not a citizen, he can get more free stuff. ;D

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II

He's off to take over as head of Al Queda to give the SEALS a real test! :tongue3:

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Dano, I can see that you are not up on Superman at all. Our seals team would have the man of steel sleeping with the fushes and bin laden by putting 1 well placed kryponite bullet over either of his eyes.

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp

At least this news might push silver back up :dontknow:

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Shaun7, please note that pushing up Silver will do no good. Silver died years ago and was buried next to the Lone Ranger. You chaps frpm across the sea need to keep up with American culture, or lack thereof

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Rumor is, Superman ran into an immigration issue when he moved to Arizona. :laughing7:

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Bigscoop, you may be on to something there. I think it was a clear case of profiling due to his slick hairdo. ;)

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

bigscoop said:
Heard they had trouble verifying his birth certificate. :laughing7:

No you didn' :sign10: :sign10: :sign10: :sign10: :sign10:t

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II

spartacus53 said:
Dano, I can see that you are not up on Superman at all. Our seals team would have the man of steel sleeping with the fushes and bin laden by putting 1 well placed kryponite bullet over either of his eyes.

Makes me wonder why Lex Luthor never thought of that instead of all that messing about? :icon_scratch:

Lois Lane died recently. Maybe he's going to join a kibbutz in Israel or become a buddhist in Nepal?

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

:notworthy: Dano :notworthy: You're more up than I am... Where was I when Lois Lane passed :icon_scratch: :laughing7: Spot on with Lex, a criminal genius that couldn't make a kryptonite bullet :tongue3:

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx

True Story: When I was a wee tot, probably about 5, I fell into a river that people were using to swim. I couldn't swim at the time and all I could remember was trying to get to the surface. I remember Mom jumping in after me, but she quickly found it was not that shallow. Immediately another guy jumped in and saved us both. Later, I asked my mother, "Why didn't superman come". Her response, "Maybe he was too busy". (I really believed in superman when I was a kid).

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

spartacus53 said:
Bigscoop, you may be on to something there. I think it was a clear case of profiling due to his slick hairdo. ;)

Naw, he got busted walking down Van Buren at 3 in the morning wearing his leotard by Phoenix PD. Shheriff Joe sent his Federally trained deputies to check him out & he didn't have a birth certificate or green card. Last we heard they put him on a bus to Tijuana. Fox news reports that a large group of comic book collectors are going to picket & protest in front of the Phoenix City Hall after they get out of school.

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Boogeyman, what day and time is that protest? I wnay to be thwre too!!!

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You boys are looking at this all wrong........I mean........."There's a job opening!" And just think of all the perks! :laughing7:
I think you can land this one Spart.....though they may require that you exchange the skirt for a cape? Maybe have to get a special super hero permit for the sword? :laughing7:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

spartacus53 said:
He is a cartoon :icon_scratch: bah, he's a franchise :tongue3: I know for a fact they wouldn't make him into a movie if he were just a cartoon :laughing9:

Well, I was hoping that it would stay entertaining without the politics, but if it doesn't, I'll breath new life into it in the other section :laughing7:

It is only a story line and there is one more very important fact here that isn't mentioned.....

Hard to renounce something you never legally had......Superman is an illegal alien in the truest sense, born on an alien planet to alien parents, in all sense he is an an illegal and undocumented alien. His birth certificate is forged...... :laughing7:

I grew up reading comics as a kid, one of my brothers was a comic book artist for DC, Marvel and several other publishers... He got to meet and know many of the artists for Superman including Joe Schuster the original artist of Superman, as well as the Marvel Great, Stan Lee..........

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions