After everything theyve been through..........

F

Felinepeachy

After everything they've been through..........

With their earthquakes and tsunami, the devastation in their country. This really says a lot of Japans character.

MONTGOMERY, ALA. — Japan has provided aid to help Alabama recover from the deadly tornadoes.

Japan representatives delivered 8,000 blankets and 150 huge pieces of plastic sheeting to Montgomery on Thursday. Attorney General Luther Strange and Alabama Development Office Director Seth Hammett accepted the donations on behalf of the state.

Japanese officials said the donations are a symbol of their country’s appreciation for the help the United States provided after the earthquake and tsunami on March 11.

The attorney general says the blankets and plastic sheeting will be distributed by the Federal Emergency Management Agency.

http://www.thedailyjournal.com/arti...f-supplies-Alabama?odyssey=mod_sectionstories

Tn Gizmo

Sep 4, 2007
Moss, Tn.
Detector(s) used
Compass 77B ; whites 6000D ; Garrett Master Hunter CX w/Treasure Hound (two box); Minelab Exp. II
Re: After everything they've been through..........

Several countries could learn a lesson from this.

OP
OP
F

Felinepeachy

You can say that again.

Daedalus

Feb 2, 2011
Strafford , Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT / MineLab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Mcgearhead You have said it all in what you wrote ! And you are right .

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

mcgearhead said:
In between cleaning my yard and helping others, I've learned something in all of this. It doesn't matter what race, religion, nationality, or political view someone is, we are all human. We all can lose it all in a matter of just a few short seconds. I've talked with a lot of the folks that the tornado destroyed all that they have, while trying to help them out. You see and hear about this all the time, and your heart goes out to them. You feel sorry for them, but until it truly hits home, well, there just isn't enough words to describe it.

Imaging an F3 ripping through your backyard. Destroying houses all around you. Trees falling all around your house, and you can't even hear them fall because the storm is so loud. Now imagine walking outside after the storm to see all of your neighbors houses gone. Everything they worked their whole lives for, blown away in a few short minutes.

I just keep asking myself, how did I not get hit ? It could have been my family that died instead of my neighbor.

Anyway, what I was getting at, was that it doesn't matter where you come from, or what your beliefs are. When it is all said and done, we are all human. We all go through hard times, and need one another to help pick up the pieces.

So sorry you have had to experience this, as I too, know first hand, of the sounds and flying debris, sheet metal flapping in the wind, homes reduced to nothing, and the awful aftermath of the clean-up. We held up our western wall with a mattress, boxspring, and a Castro-convertable sofa-bed, or so we beleived we did, for almost an hour. We went 28 days without electricity after Wilma. Thank goodness for gas stove, grill, and a generator. Though the fuel bill came to over $400.00 for 28 days, just to keep fridge and window air unit running, and catch the evening news, after unplugging the fridge for 30 minutes.

I've learned that we find our greatest strenghts and our true character when things are at their worst. Churches sent food boxes, a week before FEMA showed up, when the president Bush stopped at the top of our street, I yelled, "Did you bring us any help"? he just waved and moved on......It's about people, people helping and loving people. I have never seen neighbors come together, like I did after that hurricane, Well, after Andrew too. What is really important in life? It ain't THINGS and STUFF, it's LOVE for God, neighbor, and self. When you help lift up another, you are in turn, lifted up too. God bless you ALL .

KEYSHUNTER

Sep 29, 2007
florida keys
Detector(s) used
;whites dual PI

400 bucks in 28 days,should of just cooked out ??? gas grill with a/c :icon_scratch:

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

KEYSHUNTER said:
400 bucks in 28 days,should of just cooked out ??? gas grill with a/c :icon_scratch:

Didn't wanna lose the freezer, 80+lobster, what was left of 1/2 a cow, 1/2 a pig, tenderloins, deer meat, fish, frozen veggies. He worked everyday, we weren't going anywhere, ya gotta have food. Thus the gas stove and grill, electricity or not.
I admit, the window unit air conditioner at night was a luxury, ain't no ocean breeze in a swamp. The neighbors with central units were jelous. We were one of the last neighborhoods that got turned back on, because of the power poles and lines that had to be replaced, just our luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions