HOW TO READ BAR CODES

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
This is wondeerful news and we all need to watch these numbers when we buy foods to eat for our families.

ALWAYS READ THE LABELS ON THE FOODS YOU BUY--NO MATTER WHAT THE FRONT OF THE BOX OR PACKAGE SAYS, TURN IT OVER AND READ THE BACK---CAREFULLY!

With all the food and pet products now coming from China , it is best to make sure you read labels at the grocery store and especially Walmart when buying food products.

Many products no longer show where they were made, only give where the distributor is located. It is important to read the bar code to track it's origin.

How to read Bar Codes ....
interesting!
This may be useful to know when grocery shopping, if it's a concern to you.
GREAT WAY TO "BUY USA & CANADA " AND NOT FROM CHINA!!

The whole world is afraid of China-made
"black hearted goods".

Can you differentiate which one is made in
Taiwan or China ?

If the first 3 digits of the barcode are 690, 691
or 692, the product is MADE IN CHINA.

471 is Made in Taiwan .

This is our right to know, but the government
and related departments never educate the
public, therefore we have to RESCUE
ourselves.

Nowadays, Chinese businessmen know that
consumers do not prefer products "MADE IN
CHINA", so they don't show from which
country it is made.

However, you may now refer to the barcode -
remember if the first 3 digits are:

690-692 ... then it is MADE IN CHINA
00 - 09 ... USA & CANADA
30 - 37 ... FRANCE
40 - 44 ... GERMANY
471 ... Taiwan
49 ... JAPAN
50 ... UK

BUY USA & CANADIAN MADE by watching for "0" at the beginning of the number.
We need every boost we can get!

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
And of course...our wonderful lying governments would never dream of manipulating this....would they? :)

(There's another one for your "why i don't sleep at night" list mate...no charge!) :laughing9: :tongue3:

Cool Hand Fluke

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2006
In the Heart of Wine Country in Northern Californi
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6, CZ5, Coinstrike, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1235X, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites Surfmaster P.I. ,
, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here is a little trivia for you. The first number on all bar codes is 6, the middle number is 6, and the last number is always 6. All bar codes have this key within them, that key is the number 666! Hum...I wonder how this fits into the Mark of the Beast? :o

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the info, worked retail for years, I always knew that the size of the lines and spaces were for reasons in reading that thing.
We had a guy in Fla, got arrested, for making his own bar codes at home on the computer, went to Walmart(of all places), bought $2000.00 of Christmas toys(idiot, but not my call for judgement), for $17.42! There may be a hidden lesson there. hehehehehe, to him that has ears.......

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
Cool Hand Fluke said:
Here is a little trivia for you. The first number on all bar codes is 6, the middle number is 6, and the last number is always 6. All bar codes have this key within them, that key is the number 666! Hum...I wonder how this fits into the Mark of the Beast? :o

Usually in a triangle on his head! :tongue3:

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool Hand Fluke said:

About the same way the carbon atom fits into it perfectly. Look on your Periodic Table of Elements. With an atom you gotta have neutrons, electrons, and protons. Th carbon atom has 6 electrons, 6 protons, 6 neutrons. If all life form is carbon based material, 666, what does that tell you?

K

Kentucky Kache

Cool Hand Fluke said:

pat-tekker-cat said:
Cool Hand Fluke said:

About the same way the carbon atom fits into it perfectly. Look on your Periodic Table of Elements. With an atom you gotta have neutrons, electrons, and protons. Th carbon atom has 6 electrons, 6 protons, 6 neutrons. If all life form is carbon based material, 666, what does that tell you?

These things are not the mark of the beast. The religious world is looking for such, yet we're told that "he" DECEIVES those who take the mark. It would be hard to deceive them with something they're looking for, wouldn't it? The "he" referred to is a religious leader, as well as a political leader, just in case there's any question on who it is that he deceives. It's the whole religious and political world.

Daedalus

Feb 2, 2011
Strafford , Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT / MineLab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have an app on my Droid phone that I scan with , it tells me a whole lot of data on the product from where it is made to what it is and how much it cost even in other stores .
It is a free app and well worth it as I do use it quite a lot .
Just look up bar-code scanner on the app site and you will find quite a few of them to chose from .

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I for one like urban legends. Got anything on the satanic connotations of the P&G symbol? Bar codes don't contain anything definite about country of origin. I understand that Europe has a different system that indicates where the code is registered, not manufactured. Usually it tells you on the package, 'Made in China' or 'Hecho en Mexico'. They don't keep it too big a secret. Our barcodes mainly consist of the number assigned to the manufacturer, product number, and control digits. But I liked the post, cause even I went back and checked them out on the internet, just in case something had changed from the training we had.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Daedalus said:
I have an app on my Droid phone that I scan with , it tells me a whole lot of data on the product from where it is made to what it is and how much it cost even in other stores .
It is a free app and well worth it as I do use it quite a lot .
Just look up bar-code scanner on the app site and you will find quite a few of them to chose from .

Hey deadalus, that is a cool app thingy to have! I've seen folks using them.

I was in Kohl's Dept store few months back, waiting in line to pay. A lady behind me had 4 little girls with her, stair-stacked 5-13, or so. They were all so sweet, and so cute, to each other. When one accidently brushed me, she said, Oh "excuse me, i'm sorry", well, my little heart just flooded open.........
I complimented her and the others, on how sweet, nice and polite, I had noticed them all behaving together, and it made me feel so good to see that, blah blah blah.......The lady had one of those appy things on her phone, with a 15% discount coupon, and when it was time to pay, she shoved that app in front of the check out girl, and told her to scan it on my purchas. I WAS FLOORED! (Saved me, like, $17.00 something dollars.) But that treasure wasn't in my wallet that day! I really believe, you get back, what you put out there.
Always check that appy thing, to save yourself, and someone else in line, a buck or two!

Oh, and I don't even own a cell phone, by choice, and I have my reasons.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pat-tekker-cat said:

Yeah, because I'd be calling you collect 2-3 times a day :laughing9:

Actually, I can't call you anyway. The 2 on my phone is broken :laughing7:

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
spartacus53 said:
pat-tekker-cat said:

Yeah, because I'd be calling you collect 2-3 times a day :laughing9:

Actually, I can't call you anyway. The 2 on my phone is broken :laughing7:
Spart, I/we had to get the hubby a cellph for Christmas, actually for job and work. I can't stand the thing! I used to have peace, now my phone is ringing all the time! When I see it's him, he gets the usuall greeting of "WHAT!" Man, I liked the days when we could go all day, and actually survive, without having to talk or see each other! LOL! ;D
I have threatened to call his human resource guy, get him shipped back to Camp Lajuene, New Orleans, or Puerto Rico, again! LOL! >:D
Stick a bar code on him, like UPS! :hello: (that's a byebye wave, not hello!)
Sometimes a cat can use a break!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread