The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Removing kinetic energy from matter, or removing entropy from a system, is a matter of reducing the component energy of each constituent particle. If a wave or particle of light (radio, etc.) could interact (correct fequency for specific material) with the matter in question and carry off more energy than it delivered (though absorbtion and subsequent release of photons) than it could work. But, it would be no different than present methods in that it would take energy to remove energy. They do similar things with lasers when manipulating ultra-cold collections of atoms (Bose-Einstein condensates).

WindHarvester

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2007
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker 2 - My eyes
Our local "Doctor" in town is, and I often wonder how someone in that field could be afraid of being in a room with a VCR and still be considered a "Doctor".

I have always said I wouldn't take one of our animals to her and if I was sick I'd rather go see one of the two local Vet's.

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
Red James cash said:
I mean, wouldn't it be a much easier to poison us by injecting chemicals into our water source?

:laughing7: Look up fluoride mike. I'm not to sure about the chemtrails either but i am sure about fluoride.

Fluoride... Don't get me started... This has to be the dumbest thing that some idiot thought of, to put into our drinking water. I mean, hey... we have fluoride in our toothpaste, and if we needed more of it, they'd put more of it in our toothpaste, not our water. This, I agree with you most whole heartily on. However, there are people in the FDA that have a direct link (someone is dating someones daughter) to the corporations that benefit from this kind of thing. This very thing, no-one could ever begin to argue against. ... and you know what? It's still here. This is a very good example of one of the dumbest things that government regulation has done to our society. Pure and simple. Pure and stupid.... point blank, period, end of story, done deal. etc, etc, etc....

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
Red James cash said:
If you want to freeze stuff instantly just go to your neighborhood gas supplier or where ever and pick up some liquid nitrogen :laughing9:

...Or get that energy from the ex girlfriends heart. It'll chill everything you put in front of it.

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Beep Goes On said:
Removing kinetic energy from matter, or removing entropy from a system, is a matter of reducing the component energy of each constituent particle. If a wave or particle of light (radio, etc.) could interact (correct fequency for specific material) with the matter in question and carry off more energy than it delivered (though absorbtion and subsequent release of photons) than it could work. But, it would be no different than present methods in that it would take energy to remove energy. They do similar things with lasers when manipulating ultra-cold collections of atoms (Bose-Einstein condensates).

SAY WHAT? :o

Daedalus

Feb 2, 2011
Strafford , Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT / MineLab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was at a mine site watching a group of guy's fill a tub with liquid propane to cool their beer down as they went back to the Mine camp for the end of the shift , I was arming explosives and told them to move the auto away and asked them if they had thought this through , well all six got in and started to drive across the work area and then BOOM huge flash ! Every window flew out of the auto and the top puffed up like a ball. Next I see them climbing out the now open windows with there clothes smoking and crawling around on the ground holding there ears . The overpressure had to be tremendous in that car with the windows up and the Air on .

One of the Rocket scientist in the group lit a cigarette , or tried to, as they were leaving . Well I had to say that I have never laughed so hard in my life. Glad none got hurt bad but not knowing technology and how things work can be bad for your health .
This is one of many things I saw over the years that people did that should have been in a book . I have seen people survive incidents that should have killed them on the spot and then just walk away .

K

Kentucky Kache

Daedalus said:
I was at a mine site watching a group of guy's fill a tub with liquid propane to cool their beer down as they went back to the Mine camp for the end of the shift , I was arming explosives and told them to move the auto away and asked them if they had thought this through , well all six got in and started to drive across the work area and then BOOM huge flash ! Every window flew out of the auto and the top puffed up like a ball. Next I see them climbing out the now open windows with there clothes smoking and crawling around on the ground holding there ears . The overpressure had to be tremendous in that car with the windows up and the Air on .

One of the Rocket scientist in the group lit a cigarette , or tried to, as they were leaving . Well I had to say that I have never laughed so hard in my life. Glad none got hurt bad but not knowing technology and how things work can be bad for your health .
This is one of many things I saw over the years that people did that should have been in a book . I have seen people survive incidents that should have killed them on the spot and then just walk away .

Sometimes God watches over us, even when we don't deserve it.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Beep Goes On said:

Laymans translation; Take some ice cubes out of the freezer. apply to beverage. Wait 40 seconds for the reaction. Then enjoy a frosty cold beverage. ::) :laughing7:

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lol...

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/03/080306133926.htm
Controlling Most Atoms Now Possible
ScienceDaily (Mar. 7, 2008) — Stopping and cooling most of the atoms of the periodic table is now possible using a pair of techniques developed by physicist Mark Raizen at The University of Texas at Austin. Raizen stopped atoms by passing a supersonic beam through an "atomic coilgun" and cooled them using "single-photon cooling." The techniques are a major step forward in atomic physics and have a variety of scientific and technological applications. They could be used to determine the mass of the neutrino, which is the primary candidate for dark matter. "Our methods open up whole new avenues of research," says Raizen, professor of physics. "We can control almost any atom and many molecules."

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/10/101020195313.htm
Direct Laser Cooling of Molecules
ScienceDaily (Oct. 21, 2010) — Cooling molecules with lasers is harder than cooling individual atoms with lasers. The very process of laser cooling, in which atoms are buffeted by thousands of photons, was thought by many to be impossible for molecules since photons, instead of slowing and cooling the molecules, could actually excite internal motions such as rotations and vibrations. Consequently, to get cold molecules one method is to first cool atoms and then combine them into molecules. Now Yale physicist David DeMille and his team have developed a way to cool molecules directly with laser light using three lasers instead of the two typically needed for atoms. By choosing the molecular species carefully --they experiment with SrF molecules-- and choosing the photon energies to avoid unwanted excitation of rotational motion, the cooling process can proceed. In this way, molecular temperatures of 300 micro-K have been achieved, the lowest ever for direct cooling of molecules. This temperature pertains so far to motion along one selected dimension only, much as for the initial demonstrations of laser cooling for atoms.

...lots of "cool" advances being made... :P

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread