Mr. Agoriphobic stepped outside today... and these are some photos I got.

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
Mr. Agoriphobic stepped outside today... and these are some photo's I got.

I'm [currently] a very agoraphobic person. I'm working on it, and as part of my therapy, I went to a local Austin park to walk around. I also brought my camera so I wouldn't feel 'that much' out of my element... or, perhaps, be able to fall back onto something that I like to do if things got ugly, so I wouldn't feel so stressed out. As it turned out, it was a very rewarding experience. These are some simple photos I took when I could. I hope to get out again next sunday and hopefully take more photos. By the way, this is directly downtown Austin, a park called "Zilker Park". Edit: I only brought one lens with me on this trip, but, I realize that there were much better chances for better photo's with much better lenses... This day, however, was still, a very good day for me.

NoSwimming2.JPG
TrainAtYa2.JPG
DeapRiver2.JPG
PianoOnTheRiver2.JPG
NoRope2.JPG
TrainBridge2.JPG

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Mr. Agoriphobic stepped outside today... and these are some photo's I got.

I'm so glad for you! Those are some great picks, a good friend of mine lived in Austin few years back.

Looking at that beach, where's your metal detector, dude? Wait a minute, agoraphobic outdoor photographer metal detectorist?
You may wanna drop that agoraphobic part, in due time. Good luck with everything, get us some more pictures soon, please.
Much love.......

TheRandyMan

Apr 3, 2010
Dallas, Texas
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II, Minelab Etrac, Ace 250k, Discovery TF-900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Mike, I am pulling for you man... for real ... If you ever want to expand your trips to Dallas, give me a holler and I will show you around up here and help with the process. Best wishes! Randy :headbang:

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Good Evening Mike: I see that my earlier post never appeared, sigh, It was too long anyway. I know just what you are experiencing since my tiger was hit with it about 30 years ago. she also compounded it with panic attacks.

If you ever wish to talk about it, feel free to EM, pm, or post here.

You must feel proud of yourself for what you have accomplished, congratulations. What type of therapy are you taking?

In my tiger's case, I became her focal point of security. She finally was able to move around freely, provided I was within calling distance. She even became the Administrator for a mining co here. We haven't been apart for one day for over 30 years, sigh, yes, I occasionally get a bit of cabin fever, but, shucks, she IS my tiger

Would I do it again ? You cottin pickin right I would, except for this problem, she has been a wonderful wife. I snagged her when she was just 17, snicker, a cradle robber. Here is a picture of her not long after we were married.

Again congratulations on your progress, I realize just what you are accomplishing and under what conditions. I expect to see more pictures as time goes by.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Attachments

• .Bert.jpg
    .Bert.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 193
  • .Bert.jpg
    .Bert.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 184

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yes, you tramp, you, a cradle-robber! ;D
The cat humbly acknowledges the great beauty of the "Tiger"! Meow!

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

HIO petin kitty Cat, yes I was, although it took a full 3 years of old fashioned, Formal Spanish courtship to get her, includng seranades. Uh, err I was 32 when I started. I was on my way to Brasil to pick up my land grant on the upper Amazon. This man was smarter than I

--> Can we find a horse for Mike to run away from his problen and live it up? ?

But as I said "would I do it again "? You cottin pickin right I would.

Life can be interesting

Don Jose de La Mancha

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Oh good God tropi tramp, that was one of the scariest things I ever sawed in my LIFE! ;D

Do not ever give me one of those! I like my rose-colored glasses. :tard:

Serenades huh? We usually get a mariachis (did I spell that right, did the spell-check?), Band for New years, it's so much fun. I gotta find out where my best freinds hubby is from. I know it's a big country, he tells me, I just never remember. Can you say gringo, all the way around!? LOL! ;D :cat:

Daedalus

Feb 2, 2011
Strafford , Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT / MineLab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Mike those photos are awesome ! You have a gift that many do not have nor never will .
Get out as much as you can and give us more photos of where you live .
You make it like we are there with you .

OP
OP
mikeofaustin

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx

texastee2007 said:
Say What??? Look at those pictures, you really have an eye for photography. Remember the bee thread you did? Excellent pictures. Get out of the house and keep after it! You have a talent that you really need to explore. I bet that you could start a website about your journeys and you could be a real encouragement to others who also are afraid to get outside. Keep up the great work.

Thanks, but I am my own worst critic. I could do a whole lot better than this. Half of these photo's are 1/3 under, and all are not framed right.

OP
OP
mikeofaustin

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx

Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp said:
Good Evening Mike: I see that my earlier post never appeared, sigh, It was too long anyway. I know just what you are experiencing since my tiger was hit with it about 30 years ago. she also compounded it with panic attacks.
If you ever wish to talk about it, feel free to EM, pm, or post here.
Don Jose de La Mancha

Thanks. I'm in the mindset that the human body heals itself given the correct input (without man-made drugs). I've been offered prescriptions plenty of times from friends and I refuse them. One thing I'm slowly learning is that this 'thing' that I have is also influenced by being inside buildings. For example, I can be outside, without walls, and feel very good with the idea that I can run in any direction at any time. But, if I'm in line at the grocery store, I'm trapped in this line, and the only way I can get out, is if I leave my groceries there and cause a scene, compounding the problem in my head.
I used to be one of the most outgoing people that you'd ever meet... but, get me in a grocery store, and it's "Get outta of my way, I need peanut butter, bread, milk, etc., and I'm gone". It's more of a mission to the grocery store that anything else.
It's really how I perceive things. Traffic stop lights are also horrible "What if this light never turns green. I'm stuck!!!". I've been forcing myself to get out more. Again, open area's, park trails where it's a calm walk, is the best experience. An open field with grass and exits at literally every 360 degree point from me are wonderful. In fact, I think I might be on to something with this. Getting to the park, is another story, but once I'm there, it's great. And, every time I go, it's easier and easier because it's more familiar to me.

dpitt8

May 2, 2008
wa

cool pics....want to see more!!!!

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Agoraphobia? Had no idea, dude. But you need to keep gettin out an postin pics. My God, you're in Austin, cultural center of the universe! (Much as I dislike Tejas, I will concede that, hahaha) Good pics. I take some pics, and what I try to do is to take more than one shot of a scene. (In addition to yellin at family 'don't look at the camera, fools!) I don't got photoshop, but my Lexmark printer has a photo program that lets me crop, mess with the color saturation and enhance and exposure if I think the pic needs it, and I got more than one shot of a scene to pick from., You got the camera skill and an eye for composition. So keep it up; and post some more pics. And as always, GO OU!!!

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

It's really how I perceive things.

I was so happy to read your posts, where you made the above comment.

It's ALL about perceptions. The way we see and view things, then the way we filter them through our minds. imo.

You have the battle almost licked, my friend! In that you are aware! I'm so proud of you for that, keep it up!

"You can change the way the world looks, if you change the way you look at the world!"

(and Mr. tropi tramp, is a good friend to have! Thanks for the info tramp!)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread