Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: City of Dallas keeps $2000 found by honest teen!

Quote Originally Posted by Treasure_Hunter
    We could send it to one member here via paypal, either using the gift option or throw in a few extra cents to cover the paypal cost .....Send it to the girl via the school as a gift from TreasureNet Members......

I will contribute towards it..... Even if we do not get the full $2000, we can still give her a nice reward, and mention our discust that the city took the money and to make matters worse they didn't even offer her a reward. (If they did give her a reward, I did not see it in the article.........)

I think the writer of the story would really help out, but again something has to be established here before taking the next step.

I agree, even if it was only $200 it's something.... but $2,000 is better.

Charter Member
    us
    Cat teaches man, not everything here serves him.

Feb 2011
    S. Fl.
    Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
    6886 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Listen guys, I'm back, (had a dr appt). I'm in this with ya'll. We have members in Dallas, surely.
    I haven't even had time to look at the video, yet. let me do dome catch up. And I'll come back, see if I got an idea or two.

Ironman, I have so needed a cape crusader like you! What took ya so long to find me!
    I firmly believe, the only way evil can prevail, is for good men and women to do nothing.
    Thank you for your attempts to smite injustice, where you see it, and brings it's ugliness, to the light of day! You are a true hero!
    Thank you for rallying the troops. I'll be back........

ok i'm back, editted update:
    ironman, I got some ph#'s, made some calls, I'm gonna pm you with the info.
    Yesterday is history, tomorow a mystery. All we have is the here and now, it's a special gift. That's why we call it "The Present"

Pity the poor agnostic dyslexic insomniac who lies awake at night wondering if there really is a Dog.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/patharp?ref=si_shop

Quote Originally Posted by pat-tekker-cat
    Listen guys, I'm back, (had a dr appt). I'm in this with ya'll. We have members in Dallas, surely.
    I haven't even had time to look at the video, yet. let me do dome catch up. And I'll come back, see if I got an idea or two.

Ironman, I have so needed a cape crusader like you! What took ya so long to find me!
    I firmly believe, the only way evil can prevail, is for good men and women to do nothing.
    Thank you for your attempts to smite injustice, where you see it, and brings it's ugliness, to the light of day! You are a true hero!
    Thank you for rallying the troops. I'll be back........

I probably have a lot to make up for.

Charter Member
    us

Feb 2011
    S. Fl.
    6886 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Don't we all, Ironpatch!
    I shot you a pm.

Please revu and update all of us, on what efforts and the plan, we need to have, to blow this into the light of day! For all to see!

I'm sure the reporter will love the follow-up story!

edtted:
    Iron patch, I got your pm. Me the one? Are you sure? I know Marc is probably got his hands full today, they had an earthquake over in Spain, everyone a little fearful and worrying right now. I'd rather have a gameplan before bothering him.
    I got no problem shooting him a pm, I think we should have a game plan set, before we go jumping off the cliff.

Do we want to do this by Paypal?
    Do we want a member in Dallas, to present this on behalf of t-net?
    Did you talk to the reporter?

Help me with a solid game plan. Yeah, I MAKE things happen, had to all my life, realized early on, no one does things for you, without expectations. (if the do, it's very rare)
    I know where my heart is at!
    Yesterday is history, tomorow a mystery. All we have is the here and now, it's a special gift. That's why we call it "The Present"

Pity the poor agnostic dyslexic insomniac who lies awake at night wondering if there really is a Dog.

us
    Jul 2010
    Central Florida
    A Propointer tied to a stick
    43 times
    Metal Detecting

No good deed goes unpunished.

Hey guys, I'm in on the dollar donation!

us
    Aug 2007
    Pittsburgh, PA, USA.
    White's Vision, White's 6000DI Pro
    56 times

I'd be in for a buck.

Just a FYI tho...a follow up is in the article where some anonymous donor gave the teen money to help them out but it didn't say how much. News later it says.

Al
    I think...therefore I am.

Charter Member
    us

Feb 2011
    S. Fl.
    6886 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Ok guys, I just spoke with the reporter Carig Cavile, he is getting massive amounts of calls, in regard to this. He was in the middle of a follow-up story, I could hear, he's got stuff going on, around him. He said he will call me back.

He did advise that the family has set up a trust account for Ashley with Chase Bank.
    So, let me wait for his call back. If I do not here from him, by tomorow at latest, then I'll call Chase back, get info.........oh heck, lemme call Chase back right now. I'll be back.............

Ok guys, I just got off the phone with Chase Bank in Dallas, gimme a minute to compose a new post, with all the info I found out. Thanks.

us
    Hey! I found a .........

Jul 2006
    TEXAS
    937 times

tekker-cat
    Metal detecting: Getting up at the break of dawn to experience the thrill of the unknown.

Charter Member
    us

Feb 2011
    S. Fl.
    6886 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

There has been a trust set up through:

Chase Bank of Dallas.
    1700 Pacific Ave.
    suite L125 Chase Bank
    Dallas Texas 75201
    ph#: (214) 290-2137

Bruce at bank said, we can mail a check, made out to Ashley Donaldson for donation.
    He also advised, we can go to our local Chase Banks and donate to her trust there. He said if there was a problem donating at your local Chase Bank, becuase of bank locality discretions, to just mail the check to them. He would not tell me the name of the trustee or acct info,(policy, and it's understood and appreciated).

Ya'll let me know, if there are any problems, when ya'll stop by the bank.
    I'm still waiting for Craig Cavile to call back, he can maybe give us trustee info, I just wanna be sure it goes to the right Ashley Donaldson, (her ears must be ringing burning today)!

I know where MY Chase Bank is, do you?

us
    Hey! I found a .........

Jul 2006
    TEXAS
    937 times

What about paypal?
    Metal detecting: Getting up at the break of dawn to experience the thrill of the unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by thrillathahunt
    What about paypal?
    Probably the best idea, and each donation sent as a "gift" so there is no fees, or just a minimal sender fee. For this to work it should be sorted out here, then sent as one amount, because no one is going to walk into a Chase to donate a buck or two. (if they even have a Chase)

It's starting to look like giving that 2k back was a pretty good investment.

Charter Member
    us

Feb 2011
    S. Fl.
    6886 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Stupid me, I didn't even ask about Paypal. Bruce didn't seem to be the brigtest bulb in the box, at first, still undecided. (I have something about when ppl do that "Uuuuuhhhh" thing a little too long)The phone # is up there, call the bank, or your local one.

The reason I know where mine is, it's on the way to my favorite metal detecting beach, and I used to mistake it for BofA, and try to pay my c/c there all the time! LOL!

If ya'll want a few bucks from my paypal, ya'll can have it, but I do know how to go into a bank too! hehehehe,
    I ain't no scaredy cat!

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    29410 times

It should all go to one person, then have them mail a check or better yet go to a Chase Bank and add it to the trust fund in the name of TreasureNet....

Iron Patch, do you want to be the host for the funds? Since it was your idea I think you should get the credit for it, notice I say credit, not the work, if you don't want to do it and no one else steps forward I will do it...........
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

Charter Member
    us

Feb 2011
    S. Fl.
    6886 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Treasure_Hunter
    It should all go to one person, then have them mail a check or better yet go to a Chase Bank and add it to the trust fund in the name of TreasureNet....

Iron Patch, do you want to be the host for the funds? Since it was your idea I think you should get the credit for it, notice I say credit, not the work, if you don't want to do it and no one else steps forward I will do it...........
    I second that emotion!

But I got 4 burners going, gotta go.........

Dec 2003
    Western Schuylkill County
    MINELAB EXPLORER SE PRO ....... Garrett Pro Pointer…… Sovereign XS-2 Pro
    32276 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Although I Agree she was Robbed,
    I Believe the School would Rob her also.

It's Obvious She is Easily Manipulated
    & The school will convince her it should go to them
    for Books Or Charity.

That said Please read
    Under TERMS
    http://www.treasurenet.com/terms/

You may not... Use the TreasureNet.com forums for any fundraising purposes.

You may not... Request the donation of money or material goods, either to yourself or to any other person or organization.

Without Marc's Go ahead this would Be against the rules

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links