City of Dallas keeps $2000 found by honest teen!

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok guys, I just spoke with the reporter Carig Cavile, he is getting massive amounts of calls, in regard to this. He was in the middle of a follow-up story, I could hear, he's got stuff going on, around him. He said he will call me back.

He did advise that the family has set up a trust account for Ashley with Chase Bank.
So, let me wait for his call back. If I do not here from him, by tomorow at latest, then I'll call Chase back, get info.........oh heck, lemme call Chase back right now. I'll be back.............

Ok guys, I just got off the phone with Chase Bank in Dallas, gimme a minute to compose a new post, with all the info I found out. Thanks.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There has been a trust set up through:

Chase Bank of Dallas.
1700 Pacific Ave.
suite L125 Chase Bank
Dallas Texas 75201
ph#: (214) 290-2137

Bruce at bank said, we can mail a check, made out to Ashley Donaldson for donation.
He also advised, we can go to our local Chase Banks and donate to her trust there. He said if there was a problem donating at your local Chase Bank, becuase of bank locality discretions, to just mail the check to them. He would not tell me the name of the trustee or acct info,(policy, and it's understood and appreciated).

Ya'll let me know, if there are any problems, when ya'll stop by the bank.
I'm still waiting for Craig Cavile to call back, he can maybe give us trustee info, I just wanna be sure it goes to the right Ashley Donaldson, (her ears must be ringing burning today)!

I know where MY Chase Bank is, do you?

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thrillathahunt said:
What about paypal?

Probably the best idea, and each donation sent as a "gift" so there is no fees, or just a minimal sender fee. For this to work it should be sorted out here, then sent as one amount, because no one is going to walk into a Chase to donate a buck or two. (if they even have a Chase)

It's starting to look like giving that 2k back was a pretty good investment. :laughing7:

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stupid me, I didn't even ask about Paypal. Bruce didn't seem to be the brigtest bulb in the box, at first, still undecided. (I have something about when ppl do that "Uuuuuhhhh" thing a little too long)The phone # is up there, call the bank, or your local one.

The reason I know where mine is, it's on the way to my favorite metal detecting beach, and I used to mistake it for BofA, and try to pay my c/c there all the time! LOL!

If ya'll want a few bucks from my paypal, ya'll can have it, but I do know how to go into a bank too! hehehehe,
I ain't no scaredy cat!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It should all go to one person, then have them mail a check or better yet go to a Chase Bank and add it to the trust fund in the name of TreasureNet....

Iron Patch, do you want to be the host for the funds? Since it was your idea I think you should get the credit for it, notice I say credit, not the work, if you don't want to do it and no one else steps forward I will do it...........

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure_Hunter said:
It should all go to one person, then have them mail a check or better yet go to a Chase Bank and add it to the trust fund in the name of TreasureNet....

Iron Patch, do you want to be the host for the funds? Since it was your idea I think you should get the credit for it, notice I say credit, not the work, if you don't want to do it and no one else steps forward I will do it...........

I second that emotion!

But I got 4 burners going, gotta go.........

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Although I Agree she was Robbed,
I Believe the School would Rob her also.

It's Obvious She is Easily Manipulated
& The school will convince her it should go to them
for Books :tongue3: Or Charity.

That said Please read
Under TERMS
http://www.treasurenet.com/terms/

You may not... Use the TreasureNet.com forums for any fundraising purposes.

You may not... Request the donation of money or material goods, either to yourself or to any other person or organization.

Without Marc's Go ahead this would Be against the rules

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jeff of pa said:

That said Please read
Under TERMS

You may not... Request the donation of money or material goods, either to yourself or to any other person or organization.

I didn't realize that.........Hummm what if IP sold nice shiney zinc pennies for a dollar.....? If it was donated in the name of TreasureNet and made the local newspaper it would be nice advertising.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure_Hunter said:

Can't be me. My Paypal account has a fairly high volume of payments in and out so would be a real mess to mix these in.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure_Hunter said:
jeff of pa said:

That said Please read
Under TERMS

I didn't realize that.........Hummm what if IP sold nice shiney zinc pennies for a dollar.....? If it was donated in the name of TreasureNet and made the local newspaper it would be nice advertising.

Had no idea either, but right from the start I was just suggesting this and thinking it would be the T-net that would have to take control to get it done right. So with that said I shall leave it as nothing more than an idea to run with, or not.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was not aware of any t-net violation, in this area either, many apologies if we faux pas.

Unless someone wants to be brave enough to pm marc or jeff and bother them with this, we may have to be all on our owns, in what we do, no matter how we do it.

Listen guys, those directions are pretty clear. I kinda wanna back off, not bother the t-net gods, do what I know I gotta do. I dunno.........I ain't trying to be a scaredy cat, I just don't wanna ruffle no one elses feathers, needlessly. Again guys, the rules are pretty clear. I'd just hate to see them come down on us, in a hard way, after last, and this weeks' fiascos. For trying to do a good thing. We are all grown-ups and we no what we have to do and when we have to do it.

Establishments can set their rules in thier worlds, but it don't apply to my world, in my reality.
I know where I'm going tomorow. And I ain't gonna say no more, cause I may be in some kinda violation, again? :-\ Good luck guys, I'll be lurken.

wondering if we need to let this little thread slide on down, undetected, but duely noted, till the next injustice to act upon raises it's ugly head

OP
OP
thrillathahunt

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was a good idea. Would have been great, but I guess we are on our own now with this.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thrillathahunt said:
It was a good idea. Would have been great, but I guess we are on our own now with this.

It is still a good idea. It is still great, and we all are own our own, save ourselves, and Ashley too.

i'm still trying to let this slide on down

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My guess it's a Matter of Legalities.

I Know in my area you cannot Collect Donations
for Yourself or anyone else Legally
unless it is done through a Financial Institution,
or Legal Non Profit Entity.

Not sure how this applies on the WWW

Then you also have others who See & Decide they
can start a Collection for something
& Just keep 90% for themselves :tongue3:

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jeff of pa said:
Just keep 90% for themselves :tongue3:

Well I guess I could keep track of it in my Paypal. 8)

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iron Patch said:
jeff of pa said:
Just keep 90% for themselves :tongue3:

Well I guess I could keep track of it in my Paypal. 8)

:laughing7:

Anyone remember the Adds in the Back of ROLLING STONE ?

I Am trying to get one Million people
to send me a One Dollar Bill.

I Wonder if it Worked ;D

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
THIS IS GRUBBERMINT (GREEDY GRABBY GOVT) at its worst -- you "mr / mrs / miss adverage joe / jane " tax paying citizen --can not have a "lucky day" type find -- EVERYTHING "LOST THING" THAT IS TURNED IN AS REQUIRED BY LAW -- AND NOT CLAIMED BY FOLKS WHO CAN PROVE ITS THEIRS WITHIN 90 DAYS--WE CAN GRAB OR CLAIM--AS "OURS" --MMMOOOHHHAAHHAAA

REMINDS ME OF A FRICKIN SPOILED 3 YEAR OLD --SCREAMING --MINE, MINE, MINE

I HOPE TO GOD AT THE NEXT TOWN HALL TYPE MEETING IN DALLAS --THE LOCALS LAMBASTE THE BUNCH CROOKS , THAT PUT THIS "ON THE BOOKS"

they are stealing "finds" from law abiding citizens who do things "properly" by the book-- folks who really deserve the finds for doing things "correctly" -- this is exactly why folks "distrust" govt officals and policys

this is abuse of office and plain old "theft"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread