City of Dallas keeps $2000 found by honest teen!

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
nope --its he who has the "gun" rules -- cuz if you got got gold and i got a gun --your gold is now mine

however normally powerful , rich gold "haves" hire and arm some "have nots" (various froms of "security" --be it national (army /navy/air force / marines )--- or statte and local police --or "private" to protect them from the much larger masses of "have nots" in the world

the haves of the world --want the have nots to stay that way (poor)--that way the poor have to work for the "haves" --as their fiscal slaves , doing all the "real" work while the haves make a living off their labors --so the haves don't have to do any "real" work or break a sweat .

funny thing is the "uber rich" often pay no taxes to up keep the "security" -- most taxes are levied upon the "worker class"--thus the workers support the -- military (which protects the wealthy by preventing some other group from coming over and taking their country over ( in america 80% of the wealth is owned by a mere 10% of the population) --we also pay for state and local cops * who protect the property and persons of the wealthy (remember the 80% -10%) so the poor workers wind up paying for the protection of the rich "boss" folks belongings and person .

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ivan salis said:
nope --its he who has the "gun" rules -- cuz if you got got gold and i got a gun --your gold is now mine

however normally powerful , rich gold "haves" hire and arm some "have nots" (various froms of "security" --be it national (army /navy/air force / marines )--- or statte and local police --or "private" to protect them from the much larger masses of "have nots" at large

You can't shoot me and rob my gold if i am hiding like sneeky sneeky sneeky.......hehehehehehehe

LM

Dec 11, 2007
South
Detector(s) used
Charts and Maps.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
One of the most obvious signals of a government gone too far is when they attain an entitlement mentality that forces otherwise honest people to become dishonest.

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
sounds like they're trying to look good and hope all the bad publicity goes away and in the end she'll get stiffed again.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
texastee2007 said:
Update (2:55 p.m.): Dallas Mayor Dwaine Caraway sent a statement to the Dallas Observer. He said he's "very proud of [Donaldson] and very sympathetic as well," but he needs to review city policy before he can step in and hand the money back, as he's clearly itching to do (he said he was looking for "other options" to keeping the money). But he has to be careful: "[W]e also may have a situation where the amount of money is really large and could likely be drug money. Should that be handled the same way? Those are some of the things I think we need to know more about and understand."
Well if it was drug money, are they worried it could be contaminated with, like, powdered stuff, that the girl could hurt herself with, if she was to throw it on the floor and roll in it, like a dog in a dead squirall!
If that is the case, we gotta collect now for the Dal PD a washing machine! I find lots of money in mine, when I do the hubby laundry. (If I can ever get the funny pic pic up, ya'll will know why)

Update 2 (5:45 p.m.): Now Dallas Police Chief David O. Brown says Donaldson might be able to keep the money, but only after another three-month wait. Texas state law says that someone who finds cash like this must give public notice and then wait 30 days for someone to claim it. If nobody does, there's another 90-day waiting period, and then Donaldson can finally get her car.
Sources
Listen, we get snow here in S Fl too, but, ya'll in Dallas better break out the shovels and boots! It's sounds like it's gonna come down thick!

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
it was just announced that the Dallas PD made a mistake and returning the money to the girl after another waiting period of 90 days.
maybe Dallas is so broke, they steal from children and then have to get a loan to pay it back.
what a bunch of dirtbags!

Jeep

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2008
32°46′58″N 96°48′14″W
Detector(s) used
My other detector is a helicopter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Dallas Police Association gave the kid $2000.00 and another $8000.00 has been donated.

Not a bad reward for turning in $2000.00

Turn in 2 and get 10, I like those odds :wink:

Gotta run, I am going to turn in a grand to the police :tongue3:

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeep said:
The Dallas Police Association gave the kid $2000.00 and another $8000.00 has been donated.

That's sort of the vibe I had of what would happen which is another reason I thought it better to take it cool. She has more money then I do! I'll keep my $2!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iron Patch said:
Jeep said:

That's sort of the vibe I had of what would happen which is another reason I thought it better to take it cool. She has more money then I do! I'll keep my $2!

I Just hope she Grew up after This & Nobody
Convinces her To Buy Bonds,
Or Donate it.

K

Kentucky Kache

Iron Patch said:
Jeep said:

Wow, I wish I had a couple grand to turn in. I got a feeling no one would care about my loss. "Serves him right, he should have had better sense." :laughing7:

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
glad to see the "people' there in texas raised hell with the buncha greedy jerks --- trying to steal from a poor honest teenager like that * -- glad they are making em do the "right thing" at last. :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
thrillathahunt

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes! I wonder if the "City" is going to re-write their ordinance now.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
texastee2007 said:
Thanks for the video link, so nice to see humbleness and gratitude, from one so young.

(made me think of the little smarty pants boy at the beach other day. He said to me, "give me everything you find"! So I asked, "why should I do that? Does everyone give you everything you want?" He said,"YEP"! I almost had no clue what to say to a comment like that, from a 6-7 yr old....So I advised him, "well you are a very lucky young man, and I hope it stays like that for you, all your life.") ::)

LM

Dec 11, 2007
South
Detector(s) used
Charts and Maps.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

Daedalus

Feb 2, 2011
Strafford , Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT / MineLab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was so glad to see that young lady get a reward for what she has done ! And the person who gave her a 4,000 dollar check has done something for that young lady that she will not ever forget .
That is one very nice young lady , and I hope she has a very good life ahead of her ! She earned it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread