Ridiculous!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
I'd like an answer as to why my post "Ironic Freedom" was deleted without notice? It was just an observation on America in general and little to do with your Draconian purge of the moment!
Is anyone from the pub not allowed to post anything anywhere anymore? Because it certainly seems like it! Frankly it's getting a little childish and ridiculous.
Would like a decent answer before you delete this post too as it took a while to write the last one..for nothing..and would like to know if i shouldn't bother wasting my time again?

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
The great purge has begun :sign10: An XE team (formerly blackwater) is on the way to your location now.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry Dano, my charter membership expired so I can't reply and give you the answer. From here on in all my posts will be made with invisible ink :thumbsup:

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes it's the things you don't see, that can be the most telling. :icon_scratch:

K

Kentucky Kache

spartacus53 said:
Sorry Dano, my charter membership expired so I can't reply and give you the answer. From here on in all my posts will be made with invisible ink :thumbsup:

It's about time. :laughing7:

R

Rennwaggen

Baby, dey got yo $20 bucks and now dey don't need you now cher!

Hehehehehe!

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rennwaggen said:
Baby, dey got yo $20 bucks and now dey don't need you now cher!

Hehehehehe!

:laughing9:

hehehehehehe

R

Rennwaggen

Cher, dey made the Pub a "Members Only" area. Dat made a lot of folks pony up dem Andrew Jacksons so they could discuss politics.

Now, dey done took away the pub.

Glad I didn't fall for it.

Guess dat money flow done slowed down to a trickle.

Dis coonass did not fall for it no!

OP
OP
Dano Sverige

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
It's not about the money, on either side. I didn't pay for my membership and pretty sure the powers that be arn't too bothered about losing a few. No, it's about "conformity" and control "see, we have the power!" kinda thing. Whoever removed it was probably within their rights as per "site rules" or because i was being factual, and Yanks don't like factual too much, especially if it makes them look bad, but I just feel it's getting a little out of hand.

Marc

Silver Member
Mar 19, 2003
Northern Hemisphere
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Rennwaggen said:
Cher, dey made the Pub a "Members Only" area. Dat made a lot of folks pony up dem Andrew Jacksons so they could discuss politics.

Now, dey done took away the pub.

Glad I didn't fall for it.

Guess dat money flow done slowed down to a trickle.

Dis coonass did not fall for it no!

We made the Pub Charter Member only quite a long time ago . Yes, maybe it did encourage "a few" to pony up $20. However, as per our terms... "There are times we may need to free up hard disk space, and may delete older threads by date. There are other times when whole sections may be deleted, or changed. We make no guarantees as to the lifespan of a post or thread, or attachment. We reserve the right to delete any post at any time for any reason."

Despite this - we have issued FULL - not even pro rated! - refunds to members who feel they were cheated. If someone here signed up as a Charter member for the sole purpose of discussing politics at TreasureNet, email me and I'll see what I can do... but realize, this is a TREASURE HUNTING forum, not a POLITICS forum... and you SHOULD have read the rules BEFORE participating here!

We have NO intention of doing wrong to our members - THAT is for sure...

We do have a responsibility to keep the discussions on topic AND civil.... both of which were NOT true in The Pub.

Someone one told me after yanking the Pub... "I didn't realized how one-sided and biased this forum was"

As far as I know, we never deleted a SINGLE post there... and I only posted 3 or 4 posts... if THAT is the end result - and the thanks I get - being accused of being one sided and biased for running an unmoderated politics forum, well, that $20 ain't worth it! EVER! >:(

... and to answer your question Dano - I don't know - I guess you posted it in a "moderated" forum... and I am not a moderator... so I didn't delete it, nor do I know why it was deleted. I would definately stick to the topic of treasure hunting for awhile. 8)

Marc

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I Deleted it as a Politically Charged Post
just like this thread.

Not Treasure Related.