Is It Just Me?

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
I've lived here for 14yrs and this Spring I have seen four times as many snakes as usual.All breeds,black,copperheads,etc.The copperheads are not small either and I had only seen one in the last 14 yrs.Why?We have had a lot more rain this year but not flooded here.Anyone else see an increase?

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In my flood experiences, thay ain't no telling, what's gonna come crawling outta them woods! :bunny: :cat: :fish: :duckie: :dog: >:D

Ya'll hang on, and keep your doors shut, things do like to slither in, if you know what I mean.
Get your wood pile away from the door.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Copperheads move, warsawdaddy. They're cousins to water moccasin's, so they're water snakes and do have an affinity for water. A lake can go in and copperheads appear. In 1962 copperheads were prevalent along the South Canadian in Oklahoma, then not so much until 30 years later, when they came back with a vengeance. Luckily, you don't die real quick from copperhead bites. Unluckily, you die real slow if you don't get medical treatment. Also, they say that a copperhead bite makes you crazy if you survive from it. We had cows that got bit and you couldn't get around them later. My son has done research on water moccasins and copperheads at OU and has been published in Herpetoligica (a book only scientists know about and read, but apparently being published there is a ticket into any college you wanna go to) I'll ask him about this.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread