jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A Hastings man on Tuesday reported the theft of $27,000 following what was supposed to be a transaction with a gold coin dealer that Lincoln police had warned him not to go through with.

On Tuesday at 2 p.m., the man, 68, arrived at a west Lincoln bar parking lot, where he planned to meet someone with whom he'd spoken on the phone.

The Hastings man told police he had agreed to meet a man named Sean -- whom he dealt with in person recently at a coin show in Kearney -- and buy 19 1-ounce gold coins for $27,000.

http://journalstar.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/article_066fda20-01cf-533c-8d3b-4a1cff4fac6e.html

hombre_de_plata_flaco

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
If I ever replied to a craigslist ad to buy some coins you better believe I would be coming in packing some heat or not at all. Unless it is a sweet little old lady I usually set up my meetings at a bank or mall. I prefer the bank, since if I am low on $$$ I can just walk over to the teller and get some more. There are some real lowlifes out there you have to watch out for.

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I normally meet the person in a McDonald's where there is plenty of people around.......Matt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions