Alright, Alright Already!!!!

21stTNCav

Apr 11, 2006
Tennessee/Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov / Fisher CZ-70 Pro/Fisher CZ 20
Whew!! Alright you guy's and gal's!! A buddy of mine sent me a e-mail telling me that I needed to look at my goodbye post to see what was up. OK, I get it already.
I did not dream that my leaving the site would generate such an uproar.
Several of my friends made it a point to let me know that they felt I was running from my problems. I do not know if I agree, but regardless, if my leaving may have put a tear in Dano's eye then his response might have put a tear in mine.
Mrs Tee, I am always your Southern buddie and you know that so therefore I cannot be replaced in that respect.
And my last remark will be the Sweditan. Or would that be a Engwede?? What ever, Dano.
Remember although the Bismark is not a U-boat, IT IS A UNDERSEA BOAT!!!!!! ;D

I will stick around at least as long as my Charter membership holds out. Fair enough ???

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fair enough, 21st. Always liked your posts.

OP
OP
21stTNCav

21stTNCav

Apr 11, 2006
Tennessee/Texas
Detector(s) used
See Tee, that is actually part of it. The word U-Boat is lifted from the German name for Subs which was U-boot which itself was an abbreviation of the word Unterseeboot which means Undersea boat in English.
All this means that the Bismark is a U-boat, because when the British were through with it was definitely UNDER THE SEA!!!! :tongue3: :tongue3: ;D ;D

See Tee, you were right, the Bismark was a U-boat and I mean in the most literal of terms!! :laughing9: :laughing9:

As for you and Mr Tee I always assumed you two were unsinkable!!
BTW, you have not said much about Mr Tee in some time, at least I did not catch wind of it. Is his recovery still on target?? :dontknow:

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
Being obstropolous as usual i see mate! :laughing9:

Welcome back mate. You know it makes sense. :wink:

OP
OP
21stTNCav

21stTNCav

Apr 11, 2006
Tennessee/Texas
Detector(s) used
Dano Sverige said:
Being obstropolous as usual i see mate! :laughing9:

Welcome back mate. You know it makes sense. :wink:

Ostro whut?? Did you just say sumthin bout my Mama ??? ::) ;D

Tee, you know Darlin you and yours are always in my prayers. Could you take some of that spongy matress foam and put it on the sandstone rocks?? :laughing7: You keep that better half of yours safe alright, or more to the point, your doing a wonderful job of keeping your better half safe. I am happy he is back at work some indeed.

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005
Glad you are staying also, as I thought of leaving myself,but thought better of it. Tee, you and yours are in my prayers too. I am a member of another forum,which I am highly involved with and glad to be a part of, but there are some really special people on this forum as well. I know several have passed on that were an inspiration to most members here. I feel like there are many people here that I would not hesitate to call my friends. As more pass on and or move on to other more lucrative or forced decisions,we will lose some of the special people who make this forum worthwhile. When and if that happens,then I will too,move on. I had second thoughts, and I am glad you did too.Good Luck. rockhound

OP
OP
21stTNCav

21stTNCav

Apr 11, 2006
Tennessee/Texas
Detector(s) used
The reality is, Mi Amigo rock, that I had more or less made my decision and went ahead leaving my account open so I could access my PM's. One of the members here PMed me and told me to look at my post I left when decided to go.
If I recanted, and I did although I am anathema to go back on my word, then it definitely was all of the Friends who wanted me to stay. I guess you sorta take it for granted how many folks have touched you or for that matter how many lives you have touched until a scenario like this presents itself. It stunned me and made me think possibly I should be a little less selfish.
I am not saying that the thought of leaving was not justified, just that I could have been bigger than the situation and with the help of good friends I hope I was. Regardless, my second thoughts were caused by those same buddies and they deserve the credit for it,, not me. Thanks for the kind thoughts rock!! :icon_thumleft:

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
Hey 21st,happy you are sticking around.Keep up the great posts.
Tee - watch out for that old man of your's.I enjoyed meeting him(and you) in Uvalde.Great couple and hope to see you guys again soon(CTH?). :thumbsup:

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
I've gotten miffed and planned to leave from time to time as well . Got to thinking before I did .
Who owns this site where so many people have become friends ? I pay to be here , but it still belongs to him .
Given time , most issues get resolved in a manner that is acceptable to most .
Leaving would sever ties with many folks that have become friends .
I won't sever those ties just yet .
Jim

dirtyJohn

Nov 30, 2007
Whiskey Junction, IL
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD2, Tesoro Tiger Shark, DetectorPro Uniprobe, DetectorPro Pistol Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
21stTNCav said:
Whew!! Alright you guy's and gal's!! A buddy of mine sent me a e-mail telling me that I needed to look at my goodbye post to see what was up. OK, I get it already.
I did not dream that my leaving the site would generate such an uproar.
Several of my friends made it a point to let me know that they felt I was running from my problems. I do not know if I agree, but regardless, if my leaving may have put a tear in Dano's eye then his response might have put a tear in mine.
Mrs Tee, I am always your Southern buddie and you know that so therefore I cannot be replaced in that respect.
And my last remark will be the Sweditan. Or would that be a Engwede?? What ever, Dano.
Remember although the Bismark is not a U-boat, IT IS A UNDERSEA BOAT!!!!!! ;D

I will stick around at least as long as my Charter membership holds out. Fair enough ???
I went to delete my account after all the BS, and found it ironic that they want you to give them a reason for deleting your account before they will do it, yet they turn off the political forum with no warning or explanation beforehand. I figured as you did that I will let my membership run out and probably will not renew it.

I guess the tolerant class is only tolerant of their own opinions and no other.

I never knew the political forum was meant to discuss treasure hunting, so Marc's explanation of staying on the topic of treasure hunting left me scratching my head.

Glad you didn't leave though.
HH
John

S

Smee

texastee2007 said:
I thought it was one of the perks for being a Charter member. I would imagine that the Pub was good for alot of hits on the website.

Yes, that is how it was pitched to me . . . a privileged area you could BUY ACCESS to by becoming a member.

I'll guarantee you that it was good for some bucks from advertisers as well.

I got somewhere else to go now though when I want to discuss those things, so I don't miss it.

OP
OP
21stTNCav

21stTNCav

Apr 11, 2006
Tennessee/Texas
Detector(s) used
Yes DJ, the politics forum was intended to discuss politics related to Treasure hunting.
The same goes for Mugs, My favorites, Today's thought, Stocks Investments and Markets, Scrap Metals, Money markets and currency, Architecture, Photography/Images, Psychics/Mediums/Paranormal, Non sense, Birthdays, Comedy Central, Funny signs and Ads, Global Warming, Natural Disasters, Games and Contests, and so forth.

All may be discussed but only in a manner related to Treasure hunting. A example from Natural Disasters...Ahem...
"I wonder if those wildfires in Texas may have uncovered the lost sublett mine."
Or from Global Warming:
"Do you think if the ocean rises more or less reals will wash ashore in Florida?"

You see, unlike politics these other forums all had mostly treasure related post...........Do ya believe me?....Do ya?? ;D ;D

dirtyJohn

Nov 30, 2007
Whiskey Junction, IL
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD2, Tesoro Tiger Shark, DetectorPro Uniprobe, DetectorPro Pistol Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It'll sure take some mental gymnastics to tie some of those topics in with treasure hunting and I'm just not that intellectually limber.

I'll miss posting with you and Tee and all the other good folks I've come to know over there (Yes, that includes you to Dano).

Oh yeah, before I forget. I found a dirty penny today. Sorry no pics :-[
HH
John

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
John...i'm touched! :tongue3:

Look..we have a saying..."it's no good crying over spilt milk"! So let's not.
Like an old battleship the decision was made to scrap it, and now the crew has to move on to something newer. We've had our little tantrums and demonstrations but the decision won't change. Way of the world. Let's just get on with things and not get this thread locked or deleted like the others.

dirtyJohn

Nov 30, 2007
Whiskey Junction, IL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dano Sverige said:

Like an old battleship the decision was made to scrap it, and now the crew has to move on to something newer. We've had our little tantrums and demonstrations but the decision won't change. Way of the world. Let's just get on with things and not get this thread locked or deleted like the others.
Now you say it?! I've been telling you that you were "touched" for a long time ;D
HH
John
P.S. Who says it's over?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGIPCGyihxw&feature=related

OP
OP
21stTNCav

21stTNCav

Apr 11, 2006
Tennessee/Texas
Detector(s) used
Dano Sverige said:

Ahhh Dano, do you not think it is telling that you or I must even think about a post being deleted because we are discussing or poking a little fun at this supremely innocuous subject?? It is, I feel, a true reflection of a major problem we may be facing here. If this is deleted or moved so be it. I am sure the significance of such an event will not escape you.

As for who says it's over? Why "Loverboy" and "Sugarray" of course, "I hope your with me when it's over." and "It's Over.". ;D ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread