spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Felinepeachy, each one basically says they are earning very little, just enough to feed the family. They go on tho say that they will try and make a payment soonest.

Actually mojjax, I'd say times are just as tough now for many, the only difference is that we just have more conveniences. Still, having no money it's hard to watch a TV with your electric shut off :thumbsup:

hombre_de_plata_flaco

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
It's a jungle out there, but some of the few advantages about growing up poor is that when a huge financial crisis hits you (A) don't notice because you are already broke, and (B) you already know how to scrimp and save in order to get by.

Like Bob Dylan said, when you got nothin' you got nothin' to lose.

Cool letters.

lonesomebob

Jul 14, 2005
Napoleon MI 49201
Detector(s) used
Garrett
I grew up during those days. remember great villages of fish shanties in the winter andpeople renting boats for a nights fishing, we ate turtles and possoms. mom made hickory nut cakes,Unless it was really raining we walked 1.5 mi to school aand back , dad worked for the pwa. and we grew big gardens , make do was the watch word. B

hombre_de_plata_flaco

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
lonesomebob said:
I grew up during those days. remember great villages of fish shanties in the winter andpeople renting boats for a nights fishing, we ate turtles and possoms. mom made hickory nut cakes,Unless it was really raining we walked 1.5 mi to school aand back , dad worked for the pwa. and we grew big gardens , make do was the watch word. B

My Grandmother grew up in rural East Texas during this time. Lots of squirrel dumplings for supper she said.

S

Smee

Felinepeachy said:
They are hard to read. What do they say?

I don't find them difficult to read at all, in fact, most are in beautiful cursive handwriting. A lost art in our day and time of typing and texting. Show them to kids in school and they'd be lost. Some schools no longer teach cursive writing.

Loved them thanks for sharing.

mrwilburino

May 7, 2010
Northern Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Teknetics, Minelab, XP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What I see in those letters is a moving example of humility and a sense of personal responsibility that is lacking in so many nowadays.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread