Do you want to trade?

civil war hunter

Feb 10, 2009
west virginia
Detector(s) used
whites classic 5 id, and bounty hunter.
Hello,I just got back from chopping some brush and got the idea to ask if any of you want to trade Where's George dollars?
I do Where's George and make my own trackable dollars,I'm just asking if anyone wants to trade there unmarked bills or their founded Where's George dollar bills or ones you have made, to my place to be entered by me and sent out to the next person who trades with me. They don't have to be marked,just in case you wanted one but didn't have a Where's George dollar.

Just PM me if you want to trade through mail,thank you.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, but I'm trading my George's for Grants, or Lincoln's... Interested? :dontknow:

OP
OP
civil war hunter

civil war hunter

Feb 10, 2009
west virginia
Detector(s) used
Lol funny :D You give me a Grant or a Lincoln and I'll send one back, but a trackable one. It's the same amount of money your just paying for shipping..

spartacus53 said:
Sorry, but I'm trading my George's for Grants, or Lincoln's... Interested? :dontknow:

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
What's he talking about? Is he on drugs? :icon_scratch:

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Honestly, I have no clue.. All I know is that I'll be out the postage to get something I already have in the first place. :icon_scratch: If I really wanted to track my money, I put fishing line on it.. After I spent it it, I'd just reel it back in :laughing7:

mrwilburino

May 7, 2010
Northern Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Teknetics, Minelab, XP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't mark my own bills, but I do register and track the ones that I have found. I think that trading them might take some of the fun and spontaneity out of it.

OP
OP
civil war hunter

civil war hunter

Feb 10, 2009
west virginia
Detector(s) used
Not sure why I bother.. But if any good people want to trade I'm for the time and the money to ship dollars across the country. No I'm not on drugs,I can't do drugs,I'm not even sure why people assum that since I'm 16 that I have to do drugs. Really thats starting to be a common misscomseption.
I get hits on my bills every month so you could say I don't get allot of distance on my bills,I have around $3,000 is bills out here in West Virginia that I still don't get hits on all of them. I need to talk to my friend Allen to see wether he would like to trade or not,he is in his mid 60's. He likes to garden,we trade produce that we both grow and work on building and restoring antiques together,he's kind of like the Grandfather I never really had. Anyways I'm in school,nice talking to you people again.

P.S. my school computer doesn't allow spell check,this is the only acceptable site I can get on to,lol. I still love it though.

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
Thanks for the link TT but have to register, and i ain't that interested! lol. (getting the general idea though.)

Civil war hunter - You're making the usual American mistake of getting annoyed because anyone outside the US has no idea what you're talking about!
Another fine example of this is asking a yank "where do you live?" and gaining the reply "AK,SF,LA,FLA,MN,TX,WA" etc. and them getting pi$$y when we say "huh?"
The outside world isn't always up to speed on the quirky antics and weirdspeak of Americans..so give us a break ok!

Rooter

Apr 14, 2009
Central Florida mountains
Dano, Why don't you give the kid a break? Why would you ask if he's on drugs? I'm sure he would have explained if you asked him in a civil manner. It's not an American thing it's just common courtesy.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The sad part is that a dollars lifespan is only 1 1/2 - 2 years before it's removed.

As far as drugs are concerned, most of the money you carry is contaminated with cocaine. 5, 10 & 20 are the most contaminated, 1's and 100's to a lesser extent, but still there. It is believed that 85-90% of our currency is contaminated, so I suggest you send all of your currency to me me for proper destruction. :thumbsup:

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
Rooter said:
Dano, Why don't you give the kid a break? Why would you ask if he's on drugs? I'm sure he would have explained if you asked him in a civil manner. It's not an American thing it's just common courtesy.

I said it because his original post sounded like the rant of someone on drugs. It just didn't convert to any known English i ever learned. If i'd actually known about the "where's George" stuff it'd have been different...but i didn't!
As i said, sometimes the stuff you do over there doesn't convert well over here and we get confused!
If you can't understand this and it makes me the son of the devil or something then so be it. :dontknow:

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dano, I concur :hello2: Hey, I'm an American and I had no clue what that was. It could have been an assortment of any of the following, so feel to have your pick.

1- A new trading card like Pokemon
2- A new version of "Where's Waldo"
3- Have the Dept of Treasury knocking at you door.

United States currency and coinage are governed by federal law through the U.S. Treasury Department. Generally, it is illegal to fraudulently deface, mutilate, impair, diminish, falsify, scales or lightens any coins minted or "coined" in the United States or any foreign coins which are by law made current or are in use or circulation as money within the U.S. (18 U.S.C. 331)

Read more: http://www.cointalk.com/t106475/#ixzz1Md14OBQP

civil war hunter, just think.... If you ever get picked up for this, you will have a beard by the time you get out :laughing7:

Rooter

Apr 14, 2009
Not understanding and being rude to a 16 year old kid on a forum that should encourage his participation are two different issues. Anyway enough of that. To address Spartacus... defacing US currency or coins with no intent to pass it off in a fraudulent nature is not against the law. If he took a marker and wrote 50's in all 4 corners and tried to pass it as a $50.00 note that would be illegal. It's all about intent my friends.

OP
OP
civil war hunter

civil war hunter

Feb 10, 2009
west virginia
Detector(s) used
Lol,marking dollars with a stamp is legal, as long as it's boldly printed. I pay allot of my time on making these bills for other people to find.
I don't really look on where people are from on here I just assume they know what I'm talking about,and if not, i assume they can find it for themselves. Maybe it's because people in foreign country's don't have the curiosity to find things out,like we do here.
It would be interesting to see what the moderator would say on the Where's George forum if one of my bills was found in France,or Europe for that matter.
You should enjoy this new hobby,it's allot of fun to do! Here are some pictures,one of another hobby I do called Geocaching,and my god this time I will put a link,gosh,lol. http://www.geocaching.com/seek/default.aspx

I'll post the Where's George dollar here in a sec,it's taking forever to get onto Facebook.

Attachments

• 225384_1879767525406_1577846904_1825574_7171091_n.jpg
    225384_1879767525406_1577846904_1825574_7171091_n.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 258
OP
OP
civil war hunter

civil war hunter

Feb 10, 2009
west virginia
Detector(s) used
Here he is! ;D

Attachments

• 227538_1879843567307_1577846904_1825724_4739410_n.jpg
    227538_1879843567307_1577846904_1825724_4739410_n.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 252

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rooter/civil war hunter, I bow to you :notworthy:

I think you should call up the US Department of treasury and explain it to them too :laughing7:

It is against the law to "deface" US currency.

deface - to mar the surface or appearance of; disfigure: to deface a wall by writing on it.
Mar n - Blemish

Broken down to its simplest of terms, I believe it illegal by definition :thumbsup:

http://moneyfactory.gov/uscurrency/damagedcurrency.html

18 U.S.C. § 333 : US Code - Section 333: Mutilation of national bank obligations

Whoever mutilates, cuts, defaces, disfigures, or perforates, or
unites or cements together, or does any other thing to any bank
bill, draft, note, or other evidence of debt issued by any national
banking association, or Federal Reserve bank, or the Federal
Reserve System, with intent to render such bank bill, draft, note,
or other evidence of debt unfit to be reissued, shall be fined
under this title or imprisoned not more than six months, or both.

civil war hunter, think of 6 months as a school break :laughing7:

Although I doubt they would prosecute, it appears to be a :nono: Me, I'd rather not let an agent who is having a bad day seeing me marking currency. I'd rather be safe than sorry. ;D

Since I can't use the I word... Not knowing of the law, is no excuse :dontknow:

Bottom line, you are breaking the law, even though it is a fun hobby :thumbsup:

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tee, I thought I said all of that already :icon_scratch:

civil war hunter Tee & I are just kidding, you can mark up all the money you want to :laughing7:

:laughing9:

See ya in 6 :thumbsup:

Rooter

Apr 14, 2009
Bow or curtsey it doesn't matter. With all due respect both you and Tee are wrong. By your own definition the currency can be reissued so no crime has been committed. Banks mark notes everyday and use counterfeit test pens regularly. Perhaps you should enlighten them and send them a link to this thread. Seriously, this has been discussed ad nauseum on many different coin forums. Take a look a Daniel Carrs 1964 Peace dollar (Created from a real Peace dollar) that he sells legally in the US. I am in the process of writing both your names on 100 1$ bills and I intend on spending them freely around town tonight. Keep an eye out for the black Suburbans.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it's your hobby and you enjoy it, and it hurts nobody, keep after it, cwh. Keeps you out of the pool halls anyway. No I will not explain what a pool hall is. Rooter, does that writin 50 in all four corners work, and maybe at what stores? I got some free time on my hands and a marker. haha!

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rooter, I'm not nitpicking here.. The law reads Who ever defaces... period. I didn't write the law, but I do understand the intent as addressed. ;D In this case our laws do not distinguish in your intent, but I am sure when you get to court you will get a definition. As a parting gift, you could also receive a fine, and maybe sometime away from home too. :laughing7: I would think it difficult to argue the usage of defaces.

Like I said, I doubt they would chase you, but if they decided to prosecute, the law is on the books. In my book it is still illegal, even though I don't personally see it as a crime.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread