I found a thread that is missing from T-Net... (has to do with fish).

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
mikeofaustin said:
savant365 said:
mikeofaustin said:
savant365 said:
Wouldn't fishing fit in the "hobbies" section?

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/board,355.0.html

I would fit there, but as a website it would be better for it be fit under "my favorites" as a new column. The more content a website has, the higher the rank (which equates to more profit from potential advertising.

I know you are right but this is a treasure hunting website...I'm sure there are a lot of "fishing" websites out there. On a treasure hunting website "fishing" is considered a hobby.

Well... by your admission, there are plenty of other column's in that area that do not fit under the treasure hunting genre. Agreed?

Absolutely Mike, I'm the guy that tried to get a hand gun thread started a couple of years ago, that didn't work out either. Don't know what to tell you all ... this is a treasure hunting site. Lets talk about treasure hunting here and guns and fishing elsewhere...

OP
OP
mikeofaustin

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
savant365 said:
mikeofaustin said:
savant365 said:
mikeofaustin said:
savant365 said:
Wouldn't fishing fit in the "hobbies" section?

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/board,355.0.html

I would fit there, but as a website it would be better for it be fit under "my favorites" as a new column. The more content a website has, the higher the rank (which equates to more profit from potential advertising.

I know you are right but this is a treasure hunting website...I'm sure there are a lot of "fishing" websites out there. On a treasure hunting website "fishing" is considered a hobby.

Well... by your admission, there are plenty of other column's in that area that do not fit under the treasure hunting genre. Agreed?

Absolutely Mike, I'm the guy that tried to get a hand gun thread started a couple of years ago, that didn't work out either. Don't know what to tell you all ... this is a treasure hunting site. Lets talk about treasure hunting here and guns and fishing elsewhere...

While I personally love to talk about guns... that is such a strong topic that it really does demand it's own website. Now, Fishing is a more passive thing where us 'old' people would partake in, if we put down our coils. Consider... swinging a coil... nothing at all... now we start fishing... much better..

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I was young, I made a wish;
I wanted to catch a giant fish.

I made a cast to the sacred spot,
I was never much good at tying a knot.

Ten minutes later I was rigged again;
I tossed it out and then reeled it in.

When fishing for giants you must have bait;
so I put a worm on at a rapid rate.

My third cast landed high in a tree;
I yanked so hard it fell over on me.

Today I fish at a much slower pace;
I have a beer, a snack, in my favorite place.

Yep, when I was young I made a silly wish;
now at 104 I’m still catching fish! :wink:

lonesomebob

Jul 14, 2005
Napoleon MI 49201
Detector(s) used
Garrett
I used to fish, then found that grenades are illegal. reminds me of the guy that handed the game warden a lit stick of dynamite and asked, Do you want fish?or are you hangin on. Bob

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
lonesomebob said:
I used to fish, then found that grenades are illegal. reminds me of the guy that handed the game warden a lit stick of dynamite and asked, Do you want fish?or are you hangin on. Bob

Did you ever try the old crank phone?

K

Kentucky Kache

lonesomebob said:

That's a funny joke, but unfortunately it wouldn't work in court. You can't kill the king's deer and you can't catch the king's fish, without written and PAID permission. :( :icon_king: :whip2:

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A couple goes on vacation to a fishing resort in northern Minnesota. The husband likes to fish at the crack of dawn. The wife likes to read. One morning the husband returns after several hours of fishing and decides to take a short nap. Although she isn't familiar with the lake, the wife decides to take the boat. She motors out a short distance, anchors, and continues to read her book.

Along comes the game warden in his boat.
He pulls up alongside her and says,"Good morning, Ma'am, what are you doing?"
"Reading my book," she replies, thinking isn't that obvious?
"You're in a restricted fishing area," he informs her.
"But officer, I'm not fishing. Can't you see that?"
"Yes, but you have all the equipment. I'll have to take you in and write you up."
"If you do that, I'll have to charge you with rape," says the woman.
"But I haven't even touched you," says the game warden.
"That's true......but you do have all the equipment."

MORAL: Never argue with a woman who reads.
GG~

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some of the best, (and not so best :laughing7:) memories I have of time spent with friends and family took place in the outdoors, many of them on fishing trips. :thumbsup:

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
texastee2007 said:
This is so true....it's too bad all children can not experience this in their young life because it would change them forever. How many folks most fondest memory is Dad or Grandpa taking them fishing? or the times they spend with their children doing the same thing?

Dad and Mom taking the kids camping, hunting, fishing, etc. is priceless. It's a shame many children grow up without a clue concerning outdoor life or fundamental survival skills.

GG~

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fishing is fun. I like catching trout. We been having a ball catching these babies.......Matt

Attachments

• DSCF0116.JPG
    DSCF0116.JPG
    35.5 KB · Views: 209
  • DSCF0033.JPG
    DSCF0033.JPG
    429.9 KB · Views: 225
  • DSCF0116.JPG
    DSCF0116.JPG
    35.5 KB · Views: 216
  • DSCF0035.JPG
    DSCF0035.JPG
    238.7 KB · Views: 204
  • DSCF0033.JPG
    DSCF0033.JPG
    429.9 KB · Views: 215

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll bet those are good smoked.
I'll bet those are really good smoked.
I'll bet those are excellent smoked.
Suddenly, I'm hungry! :laughing7:

WindHarvester

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2007
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker 2 - My eyes
texastee2007 said:
bigscoop said:
Some of the best, (and not so best :laughing7:) memories I have of time spent with friends and family took place in the outdoors, many of them on fishing trips. :thumbsup:

This is so true....it's too bad all children can not experience this in their young life because it would change them forever. How many folks most fondest memory is Dad or Grandpa taking them fishing? or the times they spend with their children doing the same thing?

We do it everyday. Last evening we had a fire with hot dogs and smores.

This evening will be another adventure.

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah get this done. I'm feelin better already. Been blue in the gillls. Sinus n allergy problems have left me feelin eel. Well better to the doctor if yuh feel Crappie. :laughing9:

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh yea those little rainbows are great smoked. Come on over and I will get some out and we can have smoked trout and crackers. Then we can go and do some detecting. Then if you would like we can go and do some fishing........Matt

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I suppose that I have some fishing tails tales, some tips; like how to tie knots,
(such as the blood and barrel, clinch and double clinch and the shank hook knots),
plus other info from my learning in Boy Scouts, my military training and actual personal experiences,
and always besting my Pap in fishing that I could regale you with. :thumbsup:

The more that I've thought about this thread during the last week,
I have determined that, "FISHING" would make a great thread on it's own ! :thumbsup:

Mods, Y'all have any ideas? :dontknow:

Best Wishes,
Scott

PS. One of my fishin' stories involve a tornado, my early locksmith abilities,
and my Dad's '57 Chevy Pick-Up Truck when I was about 14....

fmrUSMC_0844

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2008
Mormonville, AKA Salt Lake City, UT
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro, Whites TDI, Keene A52, Calsluice, Gold Hog Piglet
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think a fishing topic would be great!! When im not fishing im detecting, when Im not detecting, Im fishing. When Im not doing either, Im at work :'(. Why not put the 2 things together. (Fishing and detecting) we will just keep work out of it.

There is a huge fishing forum I visit regularly but Im not sure if I can post the link up here.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
fmrUSMC_0844 said:
I think a fishing topic would be great!! When im not fishing im detecting, when Im not detecting, Im fishing. When Im not doing either, Im at work :'(. Why not put the 2 things together. (Fishing and detecting) we will just keep work out of it.

There is a huge fishing forum I visit regularly but Im not sure if I can post the link up here.

There is now a FISHING thread in the HOBBIES section of T-Net. :icon_thumleft:
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,407742.0.html

GG~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions