spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you really think that the people that are being hit by tornado's are getting all their updated information thanks to the good people of T-Net :dontknow: I highly doubt it. If they have been in Joplin, MO, or any other devastated area, I think the last thing on their mind is checking in here to see Today's Finds, or any weather updates.

Yes it's nice to show you are caring, but the people effected already know what is going on without a minute to minute update. Those already hit have nothing left, no computers, no electricity, no roofs over their heads. Methinks you are preaching to an empty choir. ;D

Sounds a little harsh. Well that's life. :thumbsup:

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
Seems logical to me mate.

Cherokee_Kidd

Feb 16, 2010
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know about everyone else but I'm trying to keep track of the tornadoes because I'm gonna be going to help out in the areas with the most damage.

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cherokee_Kidd, no offense, but get off your computer, stop the updates, and get out there to help. Seems like everyone is ever so helpful sitting at their computers :laughing7: You want to talk the talk, walk the walk. :thumbsup:

Like I said, those already hit have no electricity, hence no communication unless they have a phone. Even then, they will need the little power the phones have for emergencies. I'll stand by my words, "Nice thought's", but little help to anyone that really needs it...

If I were to be poking fun, I'd see where it would be best to sail a kite :laughing9:

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
Lack of tornadoes in NJ maybe?

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And you haven't left to help anyone either :laughing9:

We get them here too Dano, just not as bad... When they do strike we know enough not to stay on a computer :laughing7:

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, I gotta a south fla down here, full of a bunch of wide eyed tourists, and rasta mans everywhere, no one here even seems to know Ok Tx Ar Mo Tn exists!
But god forbid we get an earthquake in haiti, (I'm not trying to make light or fun of the Haiti situation), But, from a s.florida standpoint, we moved tons of material to Haiti within days.

I know ppl out there "handling" the situation, but there is great need still. And will be down the road.
I know those that ain't got no houses, ain't worried about t-net, did you most not read MY posts! hello. But they do have realatives, friends and loved ones, worrying.

So, bout like with that Texas girl who almost got robbed of $2000.00, that everyone blew so much smoke about. I ain't no smoke blower honey! Her account ended in 0819, think anyone else here knows that? It ain't about calling no one out, but I'll call ya out buddy! I ain't scared of a little hard work, effort and concern! And, I can howl loud! Thus my success in my feild of expertise.

You wanna address me again about this, cause I am pretty busy at this moment. How many pokers, you got in the fire? Go check out ya mug comparison, pal! LOL! :laughing7:

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
and I;m also ondering why, my hubby, is not the h3ll outta my house and in Miami ok right now!
I know he wasn't supose to leave, till next week, but last week, woulda been ok too.
Now, we gotta drag a house out there for him.
I see all this heavy equipment on tv, I gotcha operator, just gotta get him there, and he gotta be able to survive, and not be a victim, needing rescued too,(not that, that would happen).

So you, gotta a camper trailer, we just sold ours 2 months ago, drag it down!

Ok, I will kick and scream for others, where I won't for myself, that was just a small taste of "psycho kitty".
Ya wanna another round?

Oh and welcome home, glad to see ya back!

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spart- I used to think you were just a practical joker and your posts were meant to be taken lightheartedly. My opinion of you just changed. I know know your just full of hot air. A blowhard if you will. As evidenced in the amount of time that you yourself spend on TNET.

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry Tee, I'm not pretending to save the world, or anyone for that matter. It's a good distance away, but if it were in my area, I can tell you I wouldn't be online trying to communicate to people that have no electricity. It makes no sense :dontknow: Like I said, I am sure people in areas that may face trouble are getting their information from TV, or radio... Not a forum like this :thumbsup: :laughing7:

This doesn't mean I don't have a heart, it just means that I am a bit more reasonable then some. I wouldn't take a group of blind people to see a movie. My feeling is that people just want to see themselves in a favorable light, even though they are doing absolutely nothing in my book.

I would like to know the "1" person the post actually helped :laughing9:

diggummup, you are surely entitled to your opinion, as I am to mine. :thumbsup: In this case I am not joking, the post helps not one person. For the record, I never log off, but not always online either. I have always called things as I see them, and I don't expect everyone, or anyone to agree with me and this is no different.

It appears that everyone is being helpful by watching the TV and giving reports. Again, if I were in an area that was about to face some disaster, I would not be spending my time online, I would have another source of information and surely out of harms way.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya'll don't be too down on spart, I gotta mission for him, and that horse, he riding!
We gonna try to get it organized! Spart can you persevere? :-\

Lone Watie:We thought about it for a long time, "Endeavor to persevere." And when we had thought about it long enough, we declared war on the Union.
Lone Watie: I didn't surrender, but they took my horse and made him surrender. They have him pulling a wagon up in Kansas I bet.

Sorry Spart, that plan not looking too good for ya'll! :laughing7:

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
we just got our power back. with no power no phone, no 'puter. it may sound silly to ask folks to post, but at least we know they are ok. as soon as the trees were cleared from our road, I scrambled to chk on my neighbors. they were all ok, but just knowing made me feel better. I think it's the same idea here on TN. just checkin on the neighbors.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spart Checking on People who Don't have
Power May be Useless.
But Checking on People & Hoping They respond,
& They do, does give a Bit of Relief To those
of us Who Consider them Friends.

Yes Some may be too Busy but I'm
sure not all are.

& Just that, "Yea it missed me" PM
when they are able is a Relief.

Most weather Events don't Phaze me.
No real Intrest.

But the media covereage of this one
was Very intresting at least to me.
The Chasers Live on TV For Instance
was much more Intresting then the Devistation.

I'm not one to Wanna Watch Heartbreak,
& Never go out of the way to look for it.

But Unfortunately the Devistation
comes with the Package.

Anyway I'm sure I'm not telling
you anything you don't already Know.

The World is made up of all different
attitudes. Nobody thinks Exactly alike.

& Yes Evertime we have a Tornado warning here,
My Computer is on TreasureNet, Unless the Power goes out.

I Don't go hide, I Go outside
at the Time they say it will Hit my
area, To feel the Winds.
& Hope one forms so I Can see it.

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
Britain is the tornado capital of the world. It has more tornadoes per square mile than any other country in the world. Luckily for us, our tornadoes are usually smaller than those reported in places such as "Tornado Alley" in the United States, where tornadoes are so huge that the US is often mistakenly believed by people to be the world's tornado capital. But even Tornado Alley has less tornadoes than Britain.

I throw this in just to educate people so that if the question ever comes up in "trivial pursuits" or it's your $1m question on "who wants to be a millionaire" then you can look really good to everyone!
(Also so that the "we can never accept being 2nd!" brigade can get their panties in a twist by posting "percentages" and "averages" galore to try prove me wrong! ::) )

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see alot of Dust devils here.

mid-Remolino_(tourbillon_de_sable)_ogg.jpg

Just last week I Caught one out of my Eye
while Detecting.

I Always wanted to step into One,
But unless it forms around me or heads for Me I'm
out of luck :-\

I wonder if I'll look like this after ? ;D

images.jpg

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff, we are both lucky in he sense that the majority of tornadoes NJ/PA and NY to a lessor extent get are F0-2. Yes they cause damage, loss of life, but like you said nothing in comparison to the Midwest. I have no problem with people checking up on each other, but I do see a slight problem with acting like Paul Revere, jumping on your horse and yelling, "The tornadoes are coming, the tornadoes are coming."

I am more than certain a good majority of people in an affected area of a possibly devastating weather event will not be sitting checking e-mails, or chatting. I just think a weather update every 2 minutes is a bit of overkill. Yes, when I had tornadoes, I may venture out, or look out the window to see the event, but if it looked ominous, I would head for the safest quarters.

I'm also pretty certain that I wasn't celebrating this catastrophe and doing a happy dance. The devastation is truly heart wrenching, but there is not much you can do against mother nature, period. You just hunker down and pray for the best. Perhaps it all does come down to attitudes, giving a blow by blow description of the weather just seems a bit pompous to me.

Marc

Silver Member
Mar 19, 2003
Northern Hemisphere
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
spartacus53 said:
giving a blow by blow description of the weather just seems a bit pompous to me.

When I posted the radar image, I had no idea how bad that event was. Having run ground penetrating radar, I was simply amazed at the hook echo radar reflection. That radar image will certainly go down in future text books on meteorology.

If pointing out an amazing event in real time bothers you, maybe you should stick to newspapers. :icon_thumleft:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread