another crazy storm, but we rode it out safe & sound.

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
another crazy storm, but we rode it out safe & sound.

we had another storm that had us running for the basement! my daughter & I were rounding up the animals to get them to the basement when we noticed there was debris comming down from out of the clouds. just falling straight down. started w/ leaves & worked its way up to limbs. finally made it downstairs, but had to go back up several times to see what was happening. the last time, we found a couple huge oaks down on the road, in front of the house. as we start to go inspect it, this guy comes roaring down the road ( a little gravel country road) in his pick-up & plows right thru the tree! My doughter & I just look at each other thinking there is no way that guy survived! there's still thunder & lightning right above us so I jump in the truck to see if I can get to him, but theres no way thru the trees. then I see him walking towards me. the truck is totaled, but he doesn't have a scratch! tree went thru the windshield. I'd say he was pretty lucky. it was still daylight so I don't know how he didn't see that huge tree completely blocking the road! after about an hour, some of our neighbors come through with the chainsaw & we start getting the road cleared. (glad we have such great neighbors)
I am still wondering where the debris was picked up from?
just glad the tornado didn't hit us, the straight line winds were bad enough!
I feel for the folks that had tornados.

K

Kentucky Kache

Re: another crazy storm, but we rode it out safe & sound.

Glad you folks are alright.

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim

glad you are ok. those storms must be very scary.

OP
OP
mamabear

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other

thanx folks. I have to say I love storms. if I could afford it, I'd probably be a storm chaser. just wish they didn't cause so much damage. it was hard staying in the basement & as usual we,(my daughter & I) had to keep running up to see what it looked like. the eeriest thing was the debris falling from out of nowhere. just straight down & seemed like slo mo. far as we can tell, the closest torn ad was about 30 miles from us. I've never seen anything like it. the scariest part was the guy running thru the tree. we were far enough away that it was safe, but just about gave us a heart attack just seeing it happen.
stay safe y'all, & watch for flying trees.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions