Another BigFoot caught on a cam

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Catfish...... I couldn't imagine any hunter running scared like a little girl just because a huge unknown creature was nearby, especially an experienced outdoorsman.

And then to go home and sell all your weapons, camping gear, fishing gear and canoe!!! ::) Perhaps if you were actually attacked and barely escaped with your life after losing a limb or at least some blood, then maybe your story might have made some sense to me.

People deal with fear in different ways I suppose. :dontknow:
At least your fight or flight response is in good working order. :icon_thumleft:

Be safe,
GG~

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
newcatfish, sorry it got to you that way, buck up, buckaroo! No fear dude!
Goodguy, good one! Flight/fright worken good, hehehehehe :laughing7:
Texastee, you always amaze me, Thank god for parents who insruct their children, in that which is proper, and what will best serve them.

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:

Did you also know that the Moon is made from Cheese :laughing7:

SS

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
Sign for having a bigfoot nearby: smell. Kind of like a skunk, and stronger than most smells you get in the woods.

I *may have* seen one once, near Mt. St. Helens, about 3,000 feet elevation give or take, and about 30 miles from Ape Cave. Was in a dense stand of Red alders. (For those who don't know, Red alder can reproduce locally in excess of 100,000 stems per acre.) Could see something moving 30 feet into the stand. Quiet, tall, over 6'. Strong smell similar to combination of skunk, carrion and stinking currant. Didn't check further.

I've been stalked by mountain lion while picking mushrooms. They can jump 30 feet from a crouch. (My cousin was head of the state game commission.) Met a black bear up close and personal. (Way to deal with a black bear is to make yourself look bigger than he is. Waved a 7-foot fishing rod and long branch overhead together. Bear left going 25mph up a 70 degree grade brushy canyon wall. I left too, but a different direction.)

What I saw near Mt. St. Helens was not a bear, mountain lion or elk.

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
texastee2007 said:
I believe you. There have been many seen it that area. The reason I believe you is because of how you described your ordeal. It sounds as if you are wise enough to make a call between the different animals.
Wouldn't call it an ordeal. We just saw each other. Both left unscathed. Maybe whatever it was was curious?

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:

Just got back from the beach, looks like they are here to :o :o :laughing7:

SS

Attachments

• bigfoot_cj-wis.jpg
    bigfoot_cj-wis.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 347

TheNewCatfish

Mar 4, 2011
As for firing at something threatening my life, myself and another police officer shot it out with two bad guys both armed with Remington shotguns with a full choke. The distance was less than 40 yards and strange as it sounds i could smell the gunpowder from the shotguns and actually hear the buzzing of the buckshot before the pellets struck. I got off two rounds from my pistol before i was hit in the shoulder and went down. Thank God the buckshot ricocheted off the hood of the patrol car before it hit me.

In July i'm planning a panning trip to Colorado, or perhaps Wyoming. Just got back from doing a 40 mile hike on the San Francisco River in Arizona. So i've got some mountain lion stories too. When I go in July, i'll be taking a .50 caliber rifle with me.. and God Help in Grizzly Bear that isn't showing its backside to me.

As for Bigfoot, i wouldn't shoot at one with anything smaller than a BAZOOKA. It's not a natural creature. Things could be ghosts for all I know. I wouldn't stick around and shoot at someone with a pistol if they just turned their head around 180 degrees and were spider walking across a ceiling either. I'll leave the monster killing to you guys.

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
I'd prefer a Savage 7mm-08 classic myself. :)

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
TheNewCatfish said:
As for firing at something threatening my life, myself and another police officer shot it out with two bad guys both armed with Remington shotguns with a full choke. The distance was less than 40 yards and strange as it sounds i could smell the gunpowder from the shotguns and actually hear the buzzing of the buckshot before the pellets struck. I got off two rounds from my pistol before i was hit in the shoulder and went down. Thank God the buckshot ricocheted off the hood of the patrol car before it hit me.

In July i'm planning a panning trip to Colorado, or perhaps Wyoming. Just got back from doing a 40 mile hike on the San Francisco River in Arizona. So i've got some mountain lion stories too. When I go in July, i'll be taking a .50 caliber rifle with me.. and God Help in Grizzly Bear that isn't showing its backside to me.

As for Bigfoot, i wouldn't shoot at one with anything smaller than a BAZOOKA. It's not a natural creature. Things could be ghosts for all I know. I wouldn't stick around and shoot at someone with a pistol if they just turned their head around 180 degrees and were spider walking across a ceiling either. I'll leave the monster killing to you guys.
Fifty caliber would be overkill, wouldn't it? Kind of like killing a gnat with a cannon.

Dad used to operate .50 caliber machine gun in WWII. Not very accuracy. He preferred .308 up to a mile or so. Spent most of the time sniping.

Don't think a .50 caliber on a cougar would help much. Not fast enough. By the time you got the safety off or a round in the chamber, the cat would be all over you.

Cousin had to kill one a couple years ago. First saw the cat at about 100 feet coming at him. Had time for one shot. Safety off, round in chamber. Was enough. Body fell around 30 feet away. Shot was mostly instinct, I think, no time to aim really. One hundred twelve pound cougar not a nice kitty.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sporting goods stores have deer guns, turkey guns, coyote guns, varmit rifles, squirrel rifles, goose guns, bird guns, etc., may as well have a special bigfoot load too. I'm starting to see whole new market for it developing here. :laughing7:

gord

Mar 30, 2005
London, ON
bigscoop said:
Sporting goods stores have deer guns, turkey guns, coyote guns, varmit rifles, squirrel rifles, goose guns, bird guns, etc., may as well have a special bigfoot load too. I'm starting to see whole new market for it developing here. :laughing7:
Isn't that what the silver bullet with the cross scratched on it is for?

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who says it has to be a bear or primate?

It could be just an apparition (Latin: apparers, or to appear)
It is in a literal sense merely an appearance, that is a sensory perception of ANY kind, whether it be abnormal or superabnormal....worldly or spiritual.

Chew on that for a while. ;D

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thrillathahunt said:
Who says it has to be a bear or primate?

It could be just an apparition (Latin: apparers, or to appear)
It is in a literal sense merely an appearance, that is a sensory perception of ANY kind, whether it be abnormal or superabnormal....worldly or spiritual.

Chew on that for a while. ;D
Yes that's what it is a apparition :thumbsup:..after to much drinking..Hic.. :laughing7:

SS

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
we hunt. we would take a full head shot or heart shot at that sucker if it was definitely NOT a bear or other critter we could identify. there are no 'bigfoot' tags yet with wildlife/game dept. So they are fair game!

yea in all these centuries no one has ever taken a shot? hmmm... yea, not one opportunity ever presented itself, to drag this thing into the light and say, yup real.

I believe people 'think' they see something...not calling anyone a liar....but I think it is misidentification for most (some are just nutso and make up stories)

things still being discovered---a microscopic insect, maybe a bigger insect, a 'little bit different' strain of smaller monkey in the amazon---etc----geez, no one is discovering a new kind of moose, a new kind of bear, a new kind of cougar, etc. cause these things are BIG....and bigfoot would have been discovered by now.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Because I see many of ya'll have mountain lion issues, I wanted to say..............

Have you ever seen how S. American hunters trek the forests? The have a stupid looking, Halloween face mask, that they wear, with the face, on the back of their heads.

Lions like to attack from behind, thus the deception. It can be a cheap one, with the little rubber band, not too hot, and possibly, a life saver. Just a thought. Good for hikers and bikers, of the woods.

Now, as far as detering a big foot? The cat would just scat! :laughing7:

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
all the bone disappearing people, ever go to a museum

see T-rex, and a ton of other bones on display yet one damn bone from bigfoot is not around.
I think T-rex ate his own also.... :laughing7: :laughing7:

it cant be discovered cause it is not there

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
small population differences is exactly why a species dies out and can't not maintain

on one of those bigfoot shows I saw they said a breeding population of X amt of critters had to be in force for many centuries in order for it to make it to literally this year as a survival species.

that show basically said there weren't enough critters, cause if there were, they would be around enough to be seen.........take the cheetah. due for extinction cause the breeding pairs are not enough to continue the species...jsut a matter of time.

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
RE fossil evidence: it took nearly 100 years from the time that dinosaurs were believed to have hatched from eggs to the time dinosaur eggs were actually found. Fossils are very rare. Fossils that were identified to species in the past have been misnamed. Many many more dinosaur species have NOT been found than HAVE been found.

RE breeding populations: no one really knows. Speaking as a fledgling scientist, it is best to admit ignorance. Population studies are based on life expectancy: unknown for this animal (if it exists). The infrequency of sightings strongly supports it being very shy and furtive. It may have a very long lifetime, as larger apes are prone to do. But the lack of sightings strongly suggest it is near extinction, if not already there. Several species recently thought to be extinct have recently been rediscovered in out-of-the-way areas. Proof of existence makes "extinct" species instantly "very endangered."

RE new species being found. I know a man (a soil scientist at Oregon State University) who spoke to a club I belonged to. He spoke on soil organisms which live in soils around the world. In a cubic foot of soil he examined from Oregon, he estimated finding 10,000 organisms new to science. He said it would take him 30 years to describe those organisms in science if that was ALL he was doing, but already has a full-time job which limits his time. These organisms are literally underfoot around the world, but have not been identified in science. (BTW, that makes the most biologically diverse areas of the world to be in the Pacific Northwest.) While most megaflora and megafauna have been discovered, thousands of common organisms have yet to be identified in science. You step on them every day.

I've been lucky enough to have found a species novum, or new species in Latin. It is a truffle: a fungus that grows underground. There are many truffle scientists who question whether what I found is a new species though. Time will tell.

While I applaud Farmerchick's interest in procuring a specimen for scientific examination, I also worry about the possible population decrease it might cause. Collecting rare specimens is always something of a two-edged sword. Science doesn't care. Without a "voucher collection", a species does not exist in science.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread