taking some time off

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005
I am going to take some time off from the forum. I have too much on my plate right now to devote much time here. I may return at a later date and resume my contacts with those whom I have valued as friends.I wish you all the best until I return,maybe.I am contemplating writing a book, I realized when Don invited me to share his adventures in Tayopa, that I have had many experiences and adventures of my own over the years. I haven't finished the other one yet, but feel I need to start this one.I am going to finish the first one and then write this one. Good Luck. rockhound

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And good luck to you, come back whenever you can.

Fossis...........

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
are you published yet with any book?
just curious if you are an established author ---but best of luck to you

OP
OP
R

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005
I've had quite a lot on my plate recently. Not much time to read or post anything here. I guess I just have too many projects going at once and leaving no time to do anything else. I have gone back and deleted some of my prior posts,but not because they were no informative or accurate, but because of the possibility of someone not versed in electrical or mechanical processes getting hurt.I also have been writing my book,as time permits and as I remember the stories and adventures of my past. I have not yet even finished the first one I started 2 years ago. I have it all finished except the ending. I am not,as of yet,an author or haven't had anything published. Now that I am retired, I hopefully can devote more time to my family and the things that I really love. I have gained many friends on here and need to keep that friendship, if only through our posts. I will be posting more of my stories in Tayopa and some funny stories, in the funny section.Hope you enjoy reading them as much as I enjoy telling them.I am just about finished with my projects and it is terribly hot here so I am not getting out much to do any detecting. I will try not to post anything that has a potential to harm anyone without first specifying that potential risks. If anything specific is needed, I will try to answer those questions. Good Luck. rockhound

OP
OP
R

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005
Thanks! It is good to finally get most of my projects finished. I retired recently and I have been remodeling the inside of my house,almost total makeover. New flooringrearrange one bedroom, and throughout the house, new paint,New kitchen appliances(more efficent),rearranged one bedroom, and getting ready to re furnish another. Power washed the ouside and redid our pool getting ready for summer. It has been too hot here to work much outside but I got most of the inside done. I thought when I retired I would have it made,but I have worked harder since I retired than working on a job. I may have to go back to work just to rest. Also it seems that when everyone knows you are retired they are always asking favors of you,so I have been runnig more than normal too. Finally getting time to settle down and smell the roses. Hoep the weather cools off so I can finish the few things I need to do outside. Going to try out the pool today though.Good Luck. rockhound

OP
OP
R

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005
Thanks! There are many on here I would not be afraid to call my friend. Good Luck. rockhound

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread