Indianapolis 500...Sunday May 29th...I am excited!!!!!!

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
Sunday marks my favorite day of the entire year. It will be race day in Indianapolis.

You see, I've been listening to the Indianapolis 500 since I was a wee lad, for my father had the radio on each and every day that qualifications were held, and especially on race day.

I am a full-fledged IndyCar and Indianapolis 500 fan starting in the early 70's.

So, if any of you were wondering why I won't be posting most of Sunday, I'll be in Turn 1 at the famed Indianapolis Motor Speedway, watching the Greatest Spectacle In Racing...the Indianapolis 500.

I just can't wait to hear the Purdue marching band play taps, to hear Jim Nabors sing Back Home Again In Indiana, see the B-2 stealth bomber during the flyover after Taps, see the new Chevy Camaro convertible Pace Car streak down the race track with the field of 33 cars, three abreast in eleven even rows, following behind...

The race starts at noon, Indiana time, so break out the radio or flip on the television. ABC will be airing the race.

Anyone else love the Indy 500?

Anyone else tuning in on Sunday?

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
That is a good race. I always enjoy watching it. I'll have to be gone for a part of it but am
hoping to get to see most of it including the finish.

Ray

trikikiwi

Silver Member
Oct 5, 2006
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I look forward to watching our Scott drink the milk! :headbang: :hello2: :laughing7:

Mike

OP
OP
C

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
Thank you for the kind replies!!!

Sorry, but the only one drinking milk today will be a Brazilian....

Go, Helio, Go!!!!!!!!

Of course, I like the hometown American, Ed Carpenter, too.

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
If you got 30 goldfish in a bowl and strapped little outboard motors to them...you could get "excited" everyday! Same thing really. ;D

trikikiwi

Silver Member
Oct 5, 2006
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dano Sverige said:
If you got 30 goldfish in a bowl and strapped little outboard motors to them...you could get "excited" everyday! Same thing really. ;D

Wouldn't that be 'cruelty to animals'? :tongue3:

AND - What a finish!

B.U.G.G.E.R as we say over here, for the young feller, Sausalito native J.R. Hildebrand.

Good on Wheldon - and Good on all the other finishers, including Scott Dixon, a fellow Kiwi, came in Fifth. He's going to have try again to add a second Indy win to his awesome record.

Stay safe all, Cheers, Mike

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dano Sverige said:
Man, I can't believe that wall jumped out there and smacked him like that! :o

Dano, true to form, you crack me up sometimes! (we had goldfish ponds, everywhere I ever lived, I get funny images from that, thanks) :laughing7:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you imagine the sudden up and down in those brief moments between realizing you were just seconds away from winning the race and then suddenly hitting the wall. I'm betting he won't get a good night's sleep for a long time. :laughing7:

OP
OP
C

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
Re: Indianapolis 500...Sunday May 29th...I am excited!!!!!! Updated

Wow...wasn't that a CRAZY finish?

What a heartbreak for J.R. Hildebrand!!!! I met J.R. yesterday in Indianapolis. He is a very humble and down to earth young man. I think he will go far in this sport, possibly into star status, if he can keep performing like he did during the Indianapolis 500.

Many are already speculating that he will eventually find a ride with Roger Penske, who is arguably the best team in IndyCar.

But big cheers for Dan Wheldon.

I'll be a Dan fan for the rest of my life...

Anyone want to know why I'll always like Dan so much?

Read about our experience here:
http://www.trackforum.com/forums/sh...IG-night-at-the-500-Victory-Celebration!!!!!!

Dan was extremely gracious to my daughter, and came over and talked to her 4 times!!!!!!

Michaelangelo

Jun 9, 2009
Piedmont N.C.
Clovis I'm sure your daughter will cherish the memory of that race the rest of her life. Nice to see big stars like that take the time to acknowledge the fans. You're daughter is a real cutey. Reminds me of my two girls a long time ago!!

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't get that whole race thing. I'm still trying ti figure out what is so exciting about that race. After all it's left turn, left turn, left turn, left turn, left turn, left turn, left turn, left turn, left turn, left turn, left turn, left turn, left turn, left turn, left turn, left turn, left turn, left turn, left turn, left turn, left turn, left turn, left turn, left turn, left turn, left turn, left turn, left turn, left turn, left turn, left turn, left turn, left turn, left turn, left turn, left turn, left turn, left turn, left turn, left turn, left turn, for 5-6 hours :icon_scratch:

I'm with Dano, rather watch goldfish with outboard motors strapped to them :headbang:

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
Wow! Clovis that was great. I watched the slides on the link you gave. It was for sure, a great
and memorable experience for your daughter. I am really glad for her. :hello2:
Thanks for sharing your adventures. It was a pleasure to see.
Ray

PS Come on now, Dano and Spart, you shouldn't try to dampen a little girl's excitement
over a great fun day. There is a young girl's feelings involved here and she wouldn't
understand that you are just joking.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
spartacus53 said:
I don't get that whole race thing. I'm still trying ti figure out what is so exciting about that race. After all it's left turn, left turn, left turn, left turn, left turn, left turn, left turn, left turn, left turn, left turn, left turn, left turn, left turn, left turn, left turn, left turn, left turn, left turn, left turn, left turn, left turn, left turn, left turn, left turn, left turn, left turn, left turn, left turn, left turn, left turn, left turn, left turn, left turn, left turn, left turn, left turn, left turn, left turn, left turn, left turn, left turn, for 5-6 hours :icon_scratch:

I'm with Dano, rather watch goldfish with outboard motors strapped to them :headbang:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! ROFLMBO!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

That's why I call it a circle race!
But, how we gonna paint all them goldfish #'s on them?

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ray, don't get me wrong. I'm glad the girl was excited to talk to the driver several times. Maybe because I'm not one to watch most sports, I'd rather play, than watch..

Now if they wanted to make it really interesting, this is what they would do.. Upon completion of the 250th lap, the driver must make a u-turn and proceed to finish the race after right turn, right turn, etc.. Not only that, but he has to now avoid a head on crash from the slower drivers. :tongue3:

Now that is something I'd pay to see :headbang:

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
Why does this keep happening to me lately?
Ray, my comment was made well before any little girl was mentioned! It was aimed totally at the style of racing you Americans choose to do, which is a big circle/oval with left hand turns, as Spart' pointed out.
I'm as impressed as Clovis is that those stars took a lot of time to spend/chat with his daughter. (see the "hero/idol thread for why).
I think you're all just trying to make me look like a "child hater" so the big guys throw stones at me! Stop it. :'(

P

pastorals

If you don't want stones thrown at you, don't you start throwing stones at others.

Alan

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ray, neither Dano, or I said anything about the girls experience.. She seemed to have a great day and have seven autographs on her hat after the race.

We just have a problem with the concept of watching cars going in a circle for 5-6 hours. There are people that are into this entertainment, Dano & I are not part of that crowd. I can grab a bite to eat, play the back 9 on any golf course, come home and they're still making left hand turns. :icon_scratch:

I really like my idea, after 250 laps, you have to run into traffic, until all complete the 250 and making rights for the rest of the race. Cars with speeds of 100 + MPH, dodging each other to avoid a head on collision. Now that is a goldmine idea.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
spartacus53 said:
Now if they wanted to make it really interesting, this is what they would do.. Upon completion of the 250th lap, the driver must make a u-turn and proceed to finish the race after right turn, right turn, etc.. Not only that, but he has to now avoid a head on crash from the slower drivers. :tongue3:

Now that is something I'd pay to see :headbang:
I'd watch that race too, spart! LOL! :laughing7: Or the goldfish, with outboards! :laughing7:

I like, when famous or recognized ppl, ain't so big of themselves, that they share love and joy, such as with the little girl.
That's the kinda stuffs, real heros are made of, the giving of themselves, for another.

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
pastorals said:
If you don't want stones thrown at you, don't you start throwing stones at others.

Alan

Good advice mate. I'll take it onboard immediately. ::)

Are you sure you're a guy? I've only ever known girls who were into Kokopelli. Bought a pair of Kokopelli earrings for a hot chick in Phoenix once, that got me a "genuine Stetson" in return. Her box was a lot bigger than mine lol. :)

OP
OP
C

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
spartacus53 said:

I don't get that whole Spartacus thing. I'm still trying to figure out why someone feels the excitement about trying to rainon someone's parade, be a killjoy, rain on someone's parade, be a killjoy, rain on a parade, be a killjoy, rain on someone's parade, be a killjoy, rain on someone's parade, be a killjoy, rain on someone's parade, be a killjoy, rain on someone's parade, be a killjoy, rain on someone's parade, be a killjoy, rain on someone's parade, be a killjoy, rain on someone's parade, be a killjoy, rain on someone's parade, be a killjoy, rain on someone's parade, be a killjoy, rain on someone's parade, be a killjoy, for 5-6 posts per day, or anytime that person feels the need to poop on someone's enjoyment.

I'm with pastorals, rather post kind, helpful and encouraging things to others, rather than pulling a childish power play and trying to poop on other people's threads when it really doesn't apply to me. :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread