Are there any amateur radio operators on T-net??

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, yes there are lots of them. Try the LRL room for one. They claim that they are anyway. As for myself, I have been putting off taking the relatively simple vol. exam for several years now. Mostly because of my schedule of going bk to the US is too irregular. Maybe this next trip ?

If so maybe we can get together on the 10 meter band. They do have a few repeaters here.

Don Jose de La Mancha

OP
OP
gadigger81

gadigger81

Apr 12, 2011
Trion, Ga
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATP
Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp said:
Hi, yes there are lots of them. Try the LRL room for one. They claim that they are anyway. As for myself, I have been putting off taking the relatively simple vol. exam for several years now. Mostly because of my schedule of going bk to the US is too irregular. Maybe this next trip ?

If so maybe we can get together on the 10 meter band. They do have a few repeaters here.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Thanks, I'm still new to T-Net. I guess I missed that forum. :laughing9: My 10 meter rig is down at the moment, but the last time I was on 10 meters, propagation was good. I was getting some strong signals out of South America. Argentina to be exact. Good luck on you vol!

fmerg

Nov 1, 2008
kingston ny
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
minelab quattro, explorer se pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
.-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- . - --- - -....- -. . -
.... .- -- .... . .-. . -. ..--- .-- -.. -.-.

OP
OP
gadigger81

gadigger81

Apr 12, 2011
Trion, Ga
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATP
fmerg said:
.-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- . - --- - -....- -. . -
.... .- -- .... . .-. . -. ..--- .-- -.. -.-.

- .... .- -. -.- ... ..-. --- .-. - .... . .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- . -. ..--- .-- -.. -.-. :icon_thumright:

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
Many years since i've played "space invaders"! :tongue3:

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp said:
Do you still lose dano?

Don Jose de La Mancha

Lol, funnily enough, i once won a bottle of Bacardi rum for being "space invaders champion" in my local pub! Heady days. :laughing9:

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My sons and a daughter-in-law have their licenses but I never got around to getting one. I figure the only time I would use the radio is if there was an emergency and, as long as I know how to use the radio, who cares about a license. ;D

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm with you packerbacker, no license here either, but operated one in Boy Scout camp years ago. :laughing7:

I was also operating from my house, running my own talk show within a 2 block radius :laughing9: I stopped after a month and switch to a bullhorn and just drove around using it for further coverage :tongue3:

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
I let mine expire many years ago but I still have all the equipment.... (and the nerd in me).

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm a very polite FREEBANDER I stay on 11meters,Sure am glad cycle 24 is RRRRRRRRRRRamping up!!!!!!!!!!! I just so much enjoy shooting skip,especially to them Boys DownUnder!229 on the side and listenin

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
13.gif
de -.- . ...-- .--

B1u3Dr4g0n1

Banned
Mar 14, 2010
Earth
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 with Sniper & DD coil with a Sun Ray Probe ,BountyHunter 101/BountyHunter pinpointer Dredge/highbanker combo, Mini Trommel, Blue Bowl and other stuff I dont use very often..lol
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is a great hobby, no matter what meter...It is a dieing hobby as well...I have a world map on the wall of my shack with mini little flags I made with stick pins for skip, perfect pastime in the winter when Im not ice fishing..plus my 1,800 watt kicker keeps me warm...WoooHooo

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Holy crapola! I'm using a Yaesu VX-8DR. I wasn't getting the range I was looking for so I bought a new antenna. I stuck a Diamond SRH77CA on it and made a Tiger Tail...

I'm absolutely amazed at the difference it made. I'm getting twice to three times the range on half the power. Repeaters I couldn't hit on 5 watts, I'm now hitting on 1.

Simply amazing- the difference!

ranger11

Mar 3, 2013
Fresno,Ca.
Detector(s) used
Gold Mountain, White, Bounty Hunter,(Prospector) and others,including the first one from Radio Shack around 1958
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
like a few people, i let my lic. go, but that doesn't stop me from getting on and playing with the funnies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions