One Meal A Day Summers...Feeling GREAT!!

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These days, I usually feel GREAT! Lots of energy. Since moving to Florida I've been staying so active I usually only stop to eat when I'm actually "real hungry", which is usually at dinner, say around 6 or 7pm. Prior to this I simply survive on run & go finger foods from the time I wake up. And I also sleep better at nights now days. This summer eating schedule has always been pretty much the norm for me because I've always been pretty active during the warmer and hotter months, but this year, because I was in Florida during the winter, I didn't have the winter "shut in" period where the favorite pass time was cooking and eating, watching movies, and putting on the extra pounds. Can't believe what a difference 12 months of good weather makes. Not sure I could ever go back to those frozen in winters again? Just passing it along in case others are considering the same move. (And yes, I even love those toasty July & August months down here.) :thumbsup:

PS: However, not sure I'd want to be down here if I wasn't close to the coast and the breeze. Spent a summer inland once and it can get down right too stuffy hot in there. :laughing7:

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I want to make the move to a warmer place. But the wife doesn't want to leave the kids and grandkids behind. I tell her the only time that they come around is when they want something......Matt

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mlayers said:
I want to make the move to a warmer place. But the wife doesn't want to leave the kids and grandkids behind. I tell her the only time that they come around is when they want something......Matt

Yep, that was the hardest part, but there's a lot to do here and they've already been down and can't wait to come back again. So it works out ok.

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hear you!
good weather makes for a great life I think lol

I am NC and 8-9 mos our weather is fab...just a few cold months with possible ice storms that isn't that bad....so winter is very doable here.

but I still want to move more south lol

we have a TT right now, but when older I am getting a motorhome and boy oh boy I will follow the great warm weather..cold is out! snow stinks LOL loved it when younger, hate it when older

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
bigscoop said:
These days, I usually feel GREAT! Lots of energy. Since moving to Florida I've been staying so active I usually only stop to eat when I'm actually "real hungry", which is usually at dinner, say around 6 or 7pm. Prior to this I simply survive on run & go finger foods from the time I wake up. And I also sleep better at nights now days. This summer eating schedule has always been pretty much the norm for me because I've always been pretty active during the warmer and hotter months, but this year, because I was in Florida during the winter, I didn't have the winter "shut in" period where the favorite pass time was cooking and eating, watching movies, and putting on the extra pounds. Can't believe what a difference 12 months of good weather makes. Not sure I could ever go back to those frozen in winters again? Just passing it along in case others are considering the same move. (And yes, I even love those toasty July & August months down here.) :thumbsup:

PS: However, not sure I'd want to be down here if I wasn't close to the coast and the breeze. Spent a summer inland once and it can get down right too stuffy hot in there. :laughing7:

If you leave me one more voice mail about sitting on the docks, warm weather, fresh seafood, blah, blah, blah...I swear I'll send ya the "evil snow eye" and curse your beautiful weather. BUT, it'll be 90 tomorrow....so lake Michigan will feel wonderful:) Glad all is going well your way!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread