ALDF ACTION ALERT!

F

Felinepeachy

Tell Google they should not promote animal cruelty!

In this day of technology, you can find mobile applications (“apps”) for just about anything, from getting weather forecasts to finding shopping bargains. Now, thanks to a new app by Kage Games, you can virtually participate in the sadistic “bloodsport” of dogfighting. The KG Dogfighting app, which sells on Google’s Android Market website, entices gamers to "Feed, water, train and FIGHT your virtual dog against other players...." The logo is a pit bull’s bloody face.

"The game teaches users how to breed, train, fight, medicate and kill virtual dogs," said Paul M. Weber, President of the Los Angeles Police Protective League.

Dogfighting is a violent crime that is a felony in all 50 states, and it is a federal crime if it involves interstate or foreign commerce. Dogfighting victims suffer cruel training methods and often die in fights. Those dogs not killed during fights may be viciously killed by their handlers when they do not win. Family pets are sometimes stolen to be used as "bait" animals. This is not a game -- it is animal cruelty.

PLEASE TAKE ACTION!!

Urge them to remove KG Dogfighting from the Android Market today!

http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=FHgMdzj6n/cQPDGSXOpelwJOJ5oAlM05

S

Smee

Just my opinion, but a heck of a lot better than actually doing it to living animals.

This is what happens when the parents are not allowed to discipline their children because it is "cruelty".

When the world begins raising children to respect others and that all life has value in GOD's eyes, then you might curb this behavior.

In a world where "anything goes", guess what ---- anything goes, including virtual dogfighting.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd have to agree with Smee on this issue. I know that I would have no interest in having this app, or playing the game, if it saves dogs lives I'm all for it.

Most of the game out there are violent to begin with, so killing dogs is no different than killing virtual people either.

OP
OP
F

Felinepeachy

I respectfully disagree.

This type of stuff is exactly what desensitizes people to the horrors of animal cruelty, especially young people. And it is glorifying and making light of a horribly cruel practice.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Felinepeachy, don't get me wrong, I'm not for it either. The best way to combat something like this is not to get it, or bring it to light. Some will now go and check out that app for the heck of it.

S

Smee

Felinepeachy said:
I respectfully disagree.

This type of stuff is exactly what desensitizes people to the horrors of animal cruelty, especially young people. And it is glorifying and making light of a horribly cruel practice.

What desensitizes people is lack of knowledge, lack of understanding, and lack of compassion.

In a world that frowns on teaching moral values to our children, what else can one expect?

In a world where we allow people to spend decades on death row, not for torturing animals, but rather torturing humans then murdering them, how can we expect values to respect animal life?

In a world where wearing a ribbon on one's lapel is used to substitute for compassion, what more can one expect?

We have left off teaching values, and let the television raise the kids in this country. We no longer punish murderers by ending their lives . . . but allow their existance (Hi Charlie Manson!!!) to torture family members for decades and the murderers get better medical treatment than the families of their victims, how can you expect any child to learn compassion? Chuck is still alive, although all the family members (save one) of his victims are asleep in death.

What we as a society are teaching our children is that everything is okay. Do you think they would ever take seriously a parent telling them not to download that ap? If their friends are having fun, then who cares? They'll join in because society teaches them that everything is OK, and the law is wrong to punish anyone that breaks it.

A waste of time, worrying about these miniscule things, when society is raising a generation of REAL unfeeling, uncaring, uneducated animals.

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Smee-->> :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
I am absolutely in agreement with Peachy that this app teaches bad behavior. But I am more on the side of Smee. The US Gov is trying to downgrade human value in favor of animals.( Isn't it Cass Sunstein that wants to give animals the right to sue? What a stupid slippery slope!!)

The desensitizing of our youth is scary and is the real problem! If you have no empathy for other people when will you have empathy for the animals????

The younger generations are being taught to be animals,, because animals need a pack leader.

S

Smee

Well, I too agree that the app is awful, but there are bigger problems . . . until we address those, the rest is a waste of time because we're not addressing the REAL problem.

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Felinepeachy said:
I respectfully disagree.

It is well documented that serial killers, the likes of Jeffery Dahmer, et al, started out torturing and killing animals.
That is one SICK game! >:(

Best,
Scott

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread