Excuse me..but im dead!

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
Excuse me..but i'm dead!

When people who are ...let's say averagely popular on a site...just suddenly vanish, it always bugs me as i never know if they just got fed up, lost computer access, or have dropped dead.
It used to happen quite a lot on the chat sites i was on before here. I'd be having a big fight with someone and suddenly they never came back! WTH happened? Did they just give up? Were they in a car crash (etc)? Did i drive them off a tall cliff with frustration?
There's nothing worse than someone just vanishing. It's annoying and very impolite!

So...do any of you here take this into consideration if you suddenly drop dead? Do you want your friends/enemies here to be able to rest in peace...like you are, by knowing what's happened? Have you made plans for family and/or neighbours and friends to use your PC one last time to let us know?
Or do you just not care?

I think there's a few here who would like to have a "yesssss at last!" party if i dropped dead and i don't want to disappoint them, so my girlie would probably pop on spread the good news. Actually she'd probably stay for the party! >:(

K

Kentucky Kache

Re: Excuse me..but i'm dead!

I was gonna respond to this thread, but I suddenly dropped dead. Who is this you ask? Oh, this is my brother. :laughing7:

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I was gonna say, I'll edit this posts, when I stop laughing. Hope your not dead by then! LOL! :laughing7:

Ok, not laughing any more, thanks textee. So sorry to hear 'bout that too.

Dano, coming from you, I had to shake my head, like I had ticks in my ears. :laughing7:

On a serious note, a good friend had melanoma. You never know when, the when, is gonna be.
One day my phone rang, it was his #, but it was his wife, with news and instructions.
Yeah, I have a notebook of, user names and passwords, but, few, if any, would know what to do with it. But, sometimes, one could wonder, how real are imaginary friends in boxes.
You folks here, sure come close, to any I have ever seen on the ww net. Keep up the good works!

Oh, and as Al Bundy always says: "I'm dead! Why don't I fall down"!? :icon_scratch:

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Dano, I think you may have opened a can of worms here :tongue3:

I'm with you, I believe that it's disrespectful to keep people waiting for a reply... Plan ahead like I do. This is almost as serious as preparing a will... I wrote about a year ago, that people who show up at my funeral will be in for a surprise. Like I said, I'll have that little pressure mat right where you kneel to say your final goodbyes, and get the last word from me.. Like, Thanks for coming, I didn't expect you to show up, You certainly look better than me, for once, and many others. Yea, it may be tough on the first few from the shock alone, but soon enough they will all fall in line and wait for the next unsuspecting victim :tongue3:

I am also in the process of having myself cloned... This way in a few years, there will be multiple me's on here :headbang:

Tee no disrespect, but maybe he should have taken a bite to eat, exercise, and do some normal everyday stuff. If you tend to sit at a computer all day, then nothing is out of the norm; just dust around them. :laughing7:

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Its actually an ambush Dano. ;D

:-X

K

Kentucky Kache

texastee2007 said:
spartacus53 said:
Dano, I think you may have opened a can of worms here :tongue3:

I'm with you, I believe that it's disrespectful to keep people waiting for a reply... Plan ahead like I do. This is almost as serious as preparing a will... I wrote about a year ago, that people who show up at my funeral will be in for a surprise. Like I said, I'll have that little pressure mat right where you kneel to say your final goodbyes, and get the last word from me.. Like, Thanks for coming, I didn't expect you to show up, You certainly look better than me, for once, and many others. Yea, it may be tough on the first few from the shock alone, but soon enough they will all fall in line and wait for the next unsuspecting victim :tongue3:

I am also in the process of having myself cloned... This way in a few years, there will be multiple me's on here :headbang:

Tee no disrespect, but maybe he should have taken a bite to eat, exercise, and do some normal everyday stuff. If you tend to sit at a computer all day, then nothing is out of the norm; just dust around them. :laughing7:

none taken...I do miss his posts however.

Me too.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

DigginThePast, I think an ambush is the last thing Dano fears :laughing9:

As a matter of fact, I think he looks forward to one, as much as I do :laughing7:

dirtyJohn

Nov 30, 2007
Whiskey Junction, IL
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD2, Tesoro Tiger Shark, DetectorPro Uniprobe, DetectorPro Pistol Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Dano Sverige said:
When people who are ...let's say averagely popular on a site...just suddenly vanish, it always bugs me as i never know if they just got fed up, lost computer access, or have dropped dead.
It used to happen quite a lot on the chat sites i was on before here. I'd be having a big fight with someone and suddenly they never came back! WTH happened? Did they just give up? Were they in a car crash (etc)? Did i drive them off a tall cliff with frustration?
There's nothing worse than someone just vanishing. It's annoying and very impolite!

So...do any of you here take this into consideration if you suddenly drop dead? Do you want your friends/enemies here to be able to rest in peace...like you are, by knowing what's happened? Have you made plans for family and/or neighbours and friends to use your PC one last time to let us know?
Or do you just not care?

I think there's a few here who would like to have a "yesssss at last!" party if i dropped dead and i don't want to disappoint them, so my girlie would probably pop on spread the good news. Actually she'd probably stay for the party! >:(
Well I know you're not talking about me because I've never been averagely popular.

Don't worry Dano, I don't know about anyone else but I'll attend your funeral, but I'm bringing my detector and some pliers in case you have gold teeth that you no longer require ;D.

Just keeping my posts treasure related bud :icon_thumright:
HH
John

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Gosh, gotta think about that and check the forum rules.

I think its against forum rules to post under someone else's name, isn't it????????????

Seriously, alot of people miss him here, Texastee.

People DO wonder - but, I don't think its not whether or not someone cares - its that I don't think we ever consider it.

Beth

OP
OP
Dano Sverige

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II

Wow! 131 views in 12 hours. That's 130 really disappointed people! :laughing9: Even dragged DirtyJohn out of hiding with his party hat on. (I thought we didn't have teeth?) :tongue3:

Thread's not really about me or my funeral etc. It's about whether anyone else, around any of you is capable enough or will be bothered enough to inform your online friends/ site's of your sad demise in the event of a sudden "full stop" in your lifespan?
Do they know which sites you spend your time on? Do they know your passwords etc etc? Do they care?

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR

I don't know. I think I would rather just fade away than have someone post my headstone.
Of course it's my way of looking at things. I don't want a funeral. I told my kids, when I die to have me cremated, have Father Tom say a few words over me and put the box next to my wife's in the family vault on the farm. Take the insurance money get all the kids together and have a party. Remember me as I was. Frank

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I thought about this the other day...being on a site for about 3 years and 'have made friends' now and email etc across the country. I thought, if I croak, I guess they will never know what happened to me---then I thought, well heck, the people I email chat with would email, my hubby would respond I croaked, and then that person would go back to the site and say I croaked...and all would be 'oh boo hoo' 'she was nice'--I hope they say that :laughing7:

impolite to die and not make precautions to have your 'forum' people informed...hmm...nah, don't go there. yea it might be annoying to the other person wondering what happened to you, but for me, who cares. someone leaves a forum that is around alot, I think, hmmm...for about 3 mins. and then say, whatever.

passwords etc is available on all my banking, insurance stuff etc I do online and hubby will have access to handle what I deem important....my personal forum hobbies etc...nope. Leave them annoyed and wondering why I dropped away :dontknow:--what happened to her??? :dontknow:
:laughing9:

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Dano Sverige said:
I'd be having a big fight with someone and suddenly they never came back! WTH happened? Did they just give up? Were they in a car crash (etc)? Did i drive them off a tall cliff with frustration?

LOL I think 'they' won. seriously, if you put this much time and brain power into wondering, then they won....left you guessing, annoyed, ticked, etc. you didn't drive them off a cliff, they left you hanging and 'still' wondering ---yea, they made a good move, it sure got ya annoyed :laughing7:

great willpower on that person's part, walk away, leaving the other thinking 'they drove me off' when in reality they wiped the crappola off their feet and left ya hanging. big 'in your face' to be left at the alter, to be ignored, to have someone willfully walk away....slap in the face really as I see it.

OP
OP
Dano Sverige

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used

...Or maybe there really is a God and they got hit by that bus i prayed so hard for!

Seriously, the people i generally argue with couldn't walk away if you tied them to the back of a passing freight train! :laughing9:

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Dano Sverige said:
...Or maybe there really is a God and they got hit by that bus i prayed so hard for!

Seriously, the people i generally argue with couldn't walk away if you tied them to the back of a passing freight train! :laughing9:

yea, you are the type that finds those people out there in cyberland huh?
debate to the death---well then death it must be for them to leave the debate :dontknow:
:laughing9: :laughing9:

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

FarmerChick said:
Dano Sverige said:
I'd be having a big fight with someone and suddenly they never came back! WTH happened? Did they just give up? Were they in a car crash (etc)? Did i drive them off a tall cliff with frustration?
LOL I think 'they' won. seriously, if you put this much time and brain power into wondering, then they won....left you guessing, annoyed, ticked, etc. you didn't drive them off a cliff, they left you hanging and 'still' wondering ---yea, they made a good move, it sure got ya annoyed :laughing7:
great willpower on that person's part, walk away, leaving the other thinking 'they drove me off' when in reality they wiped the crappola off their feet and left ya hanging. big 'in your face' to be left at the alter, to be ignored, to have someone willfully walk away....slap in the face really as I see it.
Hahahahahahaha! Good one farmerchick!

I almost hate forum type communication. It's like, take 4 days, to have a two minute conversation! Ya never know, when ya got "hung up on". Things get missed, wires crossed, misunderstandings, etc.........
I almost find it insane. But, we all need diversions in life, huh?

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

FarmerChick, that is an interesting thought, in that they will leave you hanging. That is true in some cases and not others. I think it boils down to 3 groups of people.

The first group are diehard fanatics of the internet and they let nothing slip by when it comes to a good debate. I think that Dano has a good following of people that he has wound up over the years and they are just itching for perhaps a chance at redemption. So in this fashion Dano would be right, you'd need something to restrain them.

Then we have the second group. Those that either tire of the debate, run out of gas, or ideas and simply give up. With the second group, my litmus test is to resurrect a post of theirs and see if they are still kicking. For the most part they will just leave for other sections where they feel most comfortable.

Last but not least are the people that give up all together. These are the people who are normally the loudest, once bested, they remove all evidence of ever existing in a forum. :laughing7:

Closing..... I've seen em come, I've seem em go, and I've seen em come back as other people :laughing9:

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

spartacus53 said:
Closing..... I've seen em come, I've seem em go, and I've seen em come back as other people :laughing9:
Sounds a lot like, reincarnation, to me! :laughing7:

OP
OP
Dano Sverige

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used

FarmerChick said:
Dano Sverige said:

So what your really saying is that America won the Vietnam war due to the strategic tactic of..."running away"? Or something? :dontknow:

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Dano, King Arthur's men did the same thing when they faced the 'killer rabbit", run away. I know that to be a fact because I saw the historical movie recreating the scene :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread