BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Excuse me..but i'm dead!

Dano Sverige said:
FarmerChick said:
Dano Sverige said:
I'd be having a big fight with someone and suddenly they never came back! WTH happened? Did they just give up? Were they in a car crash (etc)? Did i drive them off a tall cliff with frustration?
There's nothing worse than someone just vanishing. It's annoying and very impolite!

LOL I think 'they' won. seriously, if you put this much time and brain power into wondering, then they won....left you guessing, annoyed, ticked, etc. you didn't drive them off a cliff, they left you hanging and 'still' wondering ---yea, they made a good move, it sure got ya annoyed :laughing7:

great willpower on that person's part, walk away, leaving the other thinking 'they drove me off' when in reality they wiped the crappola off their feet and left ya hanging. big 'in your face' to be left at the alter, to be ignored, to have someone willfully walk away....slap in the face really as I see it.

So what your really saying is that America won the Vietnam war due to the strategic tactic of..."running away"? Or something? :dontknow:

huh what hat did you pull that rabbit out from ?

just saying someone who leaves you hanging gets the last laugh, even if dead, they left you annoyed and pissed and that was probably their intention --but hey, you keep to the theory they got hit by that bus! :) even if you have to croak, leaving a jab at a pain in the butt debate person would put a smile on anyone's face.

OP
OP
Dano Sverige

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II

It was just a play on your reasoning of someone who runs away from a fight...wins! lol.
No matter. The "it's annoying and very impolite" statement was sarcasm really. It doesn't bother me in the least if someone vanishes during a fight, debate, argument, but i'll admit i do kind of like some "closure".
I..and i suspect anyone involved/watching such a debate/argument show more respect and understanding to a person whose last post is "I'm done with you...you're on ignore!" ...than someone who just vanishes and doesn't respond to the last questions or points put forward by me or anyone else.
It looks like they're unable to answer/respond, and in most cases would be considered "wimping out". I don't know many who would class that as a "win" for the vanisher.

Your view has some merit i guess where deep thinkers are concerned i'll admit, but America mostly runs on the "HOO-RAH!!" mentality, where giving up and running away doesn't constitute a win!

Anyhow, we're drifting off subject. :wink:

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Dano Sverige said:
Your view has some merit i guess where deep thinkers are concerned i'll admit, but America mostly runs on the "HOO-RAH!!" mentality, where giving up and running away doesn't constitute a win!

Anyhow, we're drifting off subject. :wink:

yea drifting happens very fast in threads! :laughing7:

hoo-rah is great, nothing wrong with that...but many a subtle win is won behind the scenes. not every win is seen.

just take the corporate world, we sure don't know of all the 'wins' they put in action against all the people of this world :laughing9: :laughing9:

Sky Pilot

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Tellico Plains, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Several Fisher, Tesoro, White's and Garrett's

I too wonder what has become of some of the more...., how shall I put it? "Outspoken" posters once they have vanished.

I've concluded that some of y'all are most likely already dead and are simply poltergeists haunting your old keyboards and systems! :tongue3:

Sky Pilot

Sky Pilot

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Tellico Plains, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Several Fisher, Tesoro, White's and Garrett's

Not true, Allen!

For myself, I'd miss any of you folks. Some folks aren't here anymore and I miss them everytime I log on.

But of course some folks are more likeable than others to me personally and vise versa, I'm sure. It's only natural.

Sky Pilot

K

Kentucky Kache

allen said:
Thank you Sky Pilot, I know im not alot of peoples favorite on here,

Me neither, brother. And I'm such a likable little fella, too. :laughing7:

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The problem with "liking" or not liking someone online is a big one.

Some people write their opinions better than others, and sometimes, we read between lines that don't exist.

It is very difficult to actually know someone (whether you like them or not), based on how or what they write. I have learned this accidentally - by having written to many folks, and then forming an opinion, but, when I met them in person - they are really not what I pictured, or what I thought.(though, some impressions have been correct, some definitely were not). It is almost impossible to distinguish a dry sense of humor from someone being sarcastic in writing, when, after you know them in person, you "get it".

We get alot of "messages" from folks by hand gestures, tones of voice, and that sort of thing, when they are talking - all things that we don't get out of reading posts.

I try to keep that in mind when I write - using an emoticon to try to convey your attitude just isn't the same as actual speech. And, as likely as not, sometimes that gets misconstrued as something different than is intended.

Beth

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too

Ivan's Rule of Happiness ---everyone causes happiness in both themselves & others in their own way --- some by arriving (group A), others by leaving (group B)--- the trick is to know which group you belong to--- ;D

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

First, let's get off all of that happiness nonsense and back to the issue of death :laughing9:

Plan ahead.... I have already squirreled away enough posts, and standard replies to last for a year. When I depart, I have given my friend explicit instructions on how and when to post.

Since they also have access to all of my past posts, you will see them running around again like old "Reader Digest" stories.

If you decide not to follow my guidelines, either have someone send a final farewell, or change the signature in your profile to read, "If I don't reply, I'm dead" :laughing7:

That'll hold em :headbang:

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

OH THE "LEAVING" PART CAN BE DEATH * -- ever have someone you really dislike croak ? ( like I said --some people make other folks happy by "leaving" )----rich mean spirited ole miser type relations for exsample . -- when mean old tightwad uncle george or aunt fanny croaks --watch the "happy" next of kin all race to get their assets -- often ransacking the home before the body is even good and cold.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ivan, why bother to even wait for them to die :dontknow: Ransack away, so they know what they lost :laughing9:

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

ivan salis said:
OH THE "LEAVING" PART CAN BE DEATH * -- ever have someone you really dislike croak ? ( like I said --some people make other folks happy by "leaving" )----rich mean spirited ole miser type relations for exsample . -- when mean old tightwad uncle george or aunt fanny croaks --whatch the "happy" next of kin all race to get their assets -- often ransacking the home before the body is even good and cold.
Roflmbo! That reminds me of the movie Kingdom Come, with LL cool j, Whoopi Jada, Vivica fox, etc........

He was mean and surly!

Good one spart............
Most are living dead lives anyway, and don't even realize, what they don't have or do.
sorry, little cat puk there

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

light is faster than sound --thats why some folks seem bright until they speak. :D

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx

Personally, if I knew I was about to go:

I'd get as much credit, loans, etc., as possible and send it to my family. Then, I would (this might be ugly) seek out a way to make this country a better place for the rest of you after I left. That part... is up for interpretation, but I can assure you, I will do plenty of research and figure out how I could do this good dead, for the people.

If I didn't know it was coming? : Yep... do not cry for me. In fact, have a party on my dime (couch cushions probably). BUT, please make sure my two k-9 friends are treated well afterwords.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

those mean old tightwads often own & pack guns and if they know their time is short -- I 'm sure they are willing to use them to "hold on to whats they veiw as theirs" until the bitter end --some of them old miserible tightward folks actually are nuts enough to think that their live kinfolks will throw 'their" money in the coffin with them , just as their wills often say to do. --- I say write them a check for the amount of the cash (made out to the dead person) , and drop it in the casket --- andkeep the cash . :icon_thumleft:

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

MikeofAustin,

If you decide you want to do that - make sure you have all those loans insured - if not, some family member is going to get to pay all that crap back out of your "estate".

Beth

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread