Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And the point is :dontknow:

I won't listen to a thing that lady was saying, especially when she is selling diet books.. I guess she wrote them, but didn't have to read, or take her own advise.. She is still on the plump side. Forget about her eating a hamburger, put a bib on her and give her a side of beef :laughing7:

Now I'll eat Mickey D's more often.. I am betting that preservative they use will also do you some good too :headbang:

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have seen worse food than that :laughing9:

I eat fast food in moderation, but better fast foods--McDs, lost the taste for that kiddy crap food.

If I eat a burger I want a decent one, those little fast food pattys are just a tease....give me the real deal

but I sure as heck will eat ANYONE's fries....burgerking, mcd, wendys, man, fries, ya gotta love them from anywhere you can get your hands on them! :o

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Loving fries myself, I was surprised to see that Nathan's fries didn't make your list. I think Mic D's/Nathan's are still the best, White Castle, Wend, & Burger King is dead last... I'd rather eat tofu, than B King fries :laughing7:

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
spartacus53 said:
Loving fries myself, I was surprised to see that Nathan's fries didn't make your list. I think Mic D's/Nathan's are still the best, White Castle, Wend, & Burger King is dead last... I'd rather eat tofu, than B King fries :laughing7:
Now let me get this straight spart. You wont eat the kings fries, But you will eat "to fu" is that short for "toe fungus". :laughing9: :tongue3:

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guess this means I better go to Burger King? :icon_scratch:

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pat-tekker-cat said:
Guess this means I better go to Burger King? :icon_scratch:
I wouldn't go to burger king :nono: If a part of a chicken is gonna be classified as a chicken fry. What part yuh think it's gonna be.

Mcd's has the McF urry which may cause a hairball. :icon_cat:

Papa John's has " The Meat Lover"!

Oriental Restaurants have the "Poo Poo platter".

Take caution where you have your meals, Drivethrough or dine in. :laughing9:

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
spartacus53 said:

nathans?
no idea on that one

white castle was long ago in my past, not any in NC near me

yea, BK has a funky taste I admit, don't go there hardly ever (while traveling camping if extremely desperate)--something about their oil I think, not sure but heck no, I would eat BK fries before tofu...my gosh what is tofu...EEEwwww, no thanks lol

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FarmerChick, Nathan's was originally from Coney Island and better know for their hotdogs. Nathan's is still just a NY chain, but there is good news. The good news is that your local supermarket probably carries both the dogs and the fries would be in the frozen section. The potatoes are fat and very meaty, to die for :tongue3:

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oh yea I remember the original nathans but I didn't think they were a chain in other areas...huh

very meaty....my kind of fry :laughing7: :laughing9:

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was raised in NY, and I know of a few still in existence, midtown NY, Yonkers, & Brooklyn, NY. Even better, Nathan's is in NJ too :headbang: They're not opened up like the hamburger chains, but they are in every major mall here :hello2: Nathan's are to frankfurters, as White Castle is to the hamburger... You gotta have em.. :tongue3:

Here's another little interesting fact, tidbit. You may notice the woman is the author of the diet book Vice Busting Diet, and her name is Julia Griggs Havey. Dollars to donuts not one of you notice the misspelled Julia's surname.. Her surname is actually HEAVY.. See how a quick rearrangement of letters makes her name more appealing to dieters? Surely no one will buy a book from someone who's name is Heavy and are overweight to begin with. :icon_scratch:

Side note: Julia has already read my posts and due to an overwhelming depression is fell off the wagon and has hunkered down in Mc Dee's surrounded by "happy meals." She has also gained an additional 15 pounds over that past 4 days of this thread :laughing9:

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
Simple recipe:

Buy deep fat fryer. (In an emergency use a chip pan (we call fries "chips") and half fill with fat/oil)

Peel and wash a potato and chop into "fries" sized pieces.

Drop into fat fryer/pan on a medium/high heat.

Cook until golden brown.

Place on some kitchen towel to remove excess oil and allow to cool to a nice granite-like hardness.

Add salt and a burger.

...As Gordon Ramsey would say..."f&#%ing done!"

With this ancient but simple method you can have perfect fries whenever you feel like...and it saves on fuel, pollution, and helps the planet! ;D :coffee2:

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well those happy meals she is eating are 4 years old....just a fast nuke to warm them up and YUMMY.....ya know she stored those meals for an emergency binge. yea I love people with diet books who 'could stand to lose' a few lbs, uh, like 50! what's up with that?

fries are best double fried. household oil can not heat up like those commercial fryers for a fast crisp....so if you fry....take out, pat, heat oil back up to very hot, fry again....boom...you got the mega crispy fry. I think Bobby Flay had a show on perfect fries....I do it that way and yea, they are more crunch than limp.

(now you know no one on this planet likes LIMP!) :laughing7:

I moved out of Jersey and I don't remember seeing Nathans in the mall then.......but I remember Arthur Treachers....can't find those anywhere anymore...lol

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FarmerChick, there are far and few Treacher's left behind. Upstate NY still has some, but like Nathan's you will find them grouped together in the malls in NJ.

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What about mcd's, If a part of a chicken is gonna be a nugget? What part you think it's gonna be? I ain't payin $1.69 for deep fried chicken nads.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread