Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Smee,

I empathize with what you are saying - as Roy & I had a similar experience when we first moved to Arizona. I really miss my doc from Pa., a man I've known all my life - who is NOT your ordinary drug pusher, etc. After my stroke, he put me on meds until I had all my "things" checked out - veins, arteries, etc. After we found what had caused my stroke, (and it was no blockage or weakened vessel, but a med that my gynecologist had put me on), first, I went off that med, and then my doctor promptly weaned me off the other stuff - and I just take aspirin.

However, when trying to find a doc in Arizona, it was a major thing - we brought my entire folder, and the doctor there wanted to do every single test in the book, and put me on a bunch of meds, and take me off the ones I had. I'm not a good patient - I confess - medical people are usually the worst patients - but, I can't be snowed easily either. We got into an arguement after the 5th office visit in 9 days (cash payments, of course), and finally I said - enough is enough. He said that if I could not follow his advisements, that he would ban me from his office and all the clinics he was affiliated with. I cannot repeat what I told him. So, he banned me - and Roy. (poor Roy hadn't even opened his mouth up until then - but then he had some choice words).

We did find a doctor that we liked, and who actually listened to what we had to say, but it was NOT an easy task. Too many folks just believe whatever their docs tell them, and that's it. I'm not saying docs are dumb, but people need to do their research and know why they are taking what they are taking, and keep up with the times. The internet is a god-send, but not all info on the net is right either. People need to cross-reference their information.

Giving a diuretic with potassium is the equivalent of pre-school for a medical professional. The doc screwed up - and I hope you have followed up on that. I admit, I did that to a doctor of my mother's. Uncontrolled high blood pressure, had her on meds, but never - and I mean never - did one single test. The day I found her blacked out at her house, I told her she either go with me to a REAL doctor, or else I was not going to visit her again, because I did not want to find her dead on the floor one morning. By that evening, she had been to my doctor, tests were done, she had 3 95+% blockages, had surgery the next morning, and she was never sick with it again for the rest of her life. She didn't even have high blook pressure anymore. I sued her first doctor, not for money - and we "settled" for him to be forced to update his medical training at least twice per year, for as long as he stayed in practice. He had not updated any of his training in 17 years.

Surgeons ----- a whole nother beast - most have absolutely NO bedside manner. I think it goes along with the territory - I have not met very many "friendly", for lack of a better word - surgeon. But, I have been in an operating room or two in my training. Surgeons quickly learn that nothing - and I mean nothing - should affect them. Unfortunately, it carries over to the rest of their lives. Not an excuse, just a fact. Of course, not all are like that, but I would say the greater majority seem "cold". Out of about 200 or so surgeons that I know or have worked with, I can count on one hand the ones that have a decent bedside manner. My mother's heart surgeon had no bedside manner - but SHE liked that - she looked him straight in the eye and said "if you screw this up, I WILL come back to haunt you" - he said "You have my word that I will do my very best". (she was not smiling, and neither was he). I will say - he was standing right there when she woke up - and he was the first person to ask her how she felt. She said it was the first time in 5 years that she didn't have a pain in her chest. (apparently, she didn't realize how bad she had gotten, until the pain had gone away). By the way, he did not wire her chest, he glued and stapled it. (he said there was less chance of infection).

Beth

S

Smee

mrs.oroblanco said:
... she looked him straight in the eye and said "if you screw this up, I WILL come back to haunt you"
Your mom sounds a lot like my mother-in-law. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the info. I have tried to get my wife to pursue it, but she just won't deal with it.

She was up and joking with her kids on Sunday nite. That Monday was our 25th wedding anniversary and my wife and I were out celebrating when the hospital called my wife to tell her that her mother had taken a turn for the worse. When my wife walked in the room, her mother pointed at the nurse who had given her the overdose of potassium and said: "That nurse killed me! She gave me a double dose of my potassium pills. I told her I only take one of the small pills in my bottle and she made me take two of the big ones on her cart."

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Smee,

I know it is probably difficult for your wife - I don't know when it happened, but, there still might be time in the future, if she wants to.

Personally, I would still bring it back to the doctor, because, as a meds nurse, they count and recount every pill that goes out - and it has to equal up to the right number at the end of the rounds - plus, it is double checked after, to make sure all meds have been dispersed, and the number equals the number that has been prescribed. Bottom line - some doc somewhere prescribed those two pills. If they hadn't, the number would not have equaled up right - meds are triple checked, by federal law. So, the other thing is that you can get those records, if she should decide to pursue it. Every time a nurse (a med nurse or otherwise) uses something on or for a patient, it has a little corresponding sticker, which is put onto the patient chart, and, no - not the one you see in the patient's room - that's not "the" chart - its the chart at the nurses station. That's how they are counted (even a box of tissues, or an aspirin), that is how they figure your hospital bill, and that is how they keep track of supplies and meds.
I've done probably thousands of them. Each hospital has a slightly different way to use the stickeys - like, some are color-coded, so that you can see right off that one is a med, one is a controlled-type med, one color for supplies, etc., and some just have numbers, which correspond to the specific things.

The simple question is not why the potassium pills, but, why the potassium pills and no diuretic. (usually furosemide/lasix). On the other side of that, is- if she did have the diuretic, it may not have been a mistake at all, but just an unfortunate reaction. Especially with things like congestive heart failure or edema, sometimes, you just cannot get it stopped. Electrolytes get out of balance, and sometimes, it is difficult to get them back where they need to be.

So - if you want to pursue it - that is what you will want to find out. (sometimes they give the diuretic in an IV, so, its possible she could have been getting it that way, also).

And, there is also the possibility that when she was up and talking well with everyone on Sunday, that she was in what is called "a rally". Out of the dozens and dozens of folks I have taken care of in hospice, almost 90% had a rally - it happened to my dad, and to my mom, and my mother-in-law, and some members of dear friends. It is always difficult to tell a family member to enjoy those few hours/days - and to say what you want to say, because it wasn't going to last. There is also a medical reason for that, but, regardless, I know it is difficult to be talking with someone one day, and the next to have them taken away. I have always tried to get my patients families to use that rally time - and prepare them for the next day.

Beth

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
correct potassium levels are vital to the bodys function * too much or too little can be fatal. -- you body runs off electrical impluses -- potassium helps to keep the electrolite balance correct -- thats what makes the electric impluses in your body flow correctly -- correct electrolite levels are vital to body function. (which is why dehydration is so bad) --if they get too out of whack the body in effect "short circuts" - so in a way too much potassium is like poison to your body.

once my fasther was in the hospital --getting a morphine pump installed * as they filled the pump --the "doctor" spilled liquid morphine into my fathers body --opppssie - then came out and told us their was a "issue" and that dad might not make it --* doctor was going to leave the hospital (another day "on the job" oh well "lost one" --sinces dads body was shutting down organs wize from being overdosed by the liquid morphine spilled into him*)--a good nurse slipped out and "informed" me of the screw up in the OR * -- I "caught up" with said doctor before he could leave the hospital --told him --I KNOW what you did -- you fix your mistake --because I will not SUE you --if my dad goes on a slab because of your screw up --so will you , understand?-- the doc got redressed in his "hospital garb" and spent the next 18 hours "saving" my fathers life from his screw up.

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good for you Ivan - I'm proud of you.

I once had the privilege of taking care of a lady with terminal cancer. She was such a nice woman. In her late 80's, even though she was dnr,
she had a problem which her daughter decided she would take care of by a trip to the hospital. Technically, that stops medicare from paying for hospice, but, it is always the family's decision. I went with them, because the daughter and son asked me to. That "little" surgical procedure took an awful long time - and I was honest with the family - that, I thought there might be something not quite right. So, I set off to find out what
the situation was. Since I knew most of the surgeons and nurses, it wasn't too much trouble to find out the situation. This poor woman, who was terminally ill with a totally different type of cancer, had about 2-3 months - was given a mastectomy - she didn't go in for a mastectomy - she went in to surgically clear a blockage that would have shortened her 2-3 months to 5-7 days.

The surgeon already had her out of surgery - they were just trying to figure out what to do. The surgeon asked ME to tell the family. I agreed to that, but not before I reamed him a new one, and told him that, if the family should so decide, I would be a witness in court, and that I would, without a doubt, regardless of what they did, be filing a formal complaint. (my choice, since I was technically still her caregiver).

I am happy to report that THAT surgeon no longer practices in Pennsylvania, but - I found out about a year or so ago that he is practicing in Florida. Unbelievable.

Beth

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Evening Beth, when I decided to use the Cesium chloride treatment, it was effectively new and untried. It was not clear about it's ability to deplete your Potassium level so I almost killed my self with new symptoms of depletion, until I researched them. I corrected this and had no further problems.

I would like to say this, most doctors are not against alternate treatments as such, but if they use an un authorized one, or without experimental clearance, they stand to lose their Hospital privileges and also lose their medical license.

I must also add that they are not the new Marcus Welbys or Young dr Kildare types. most are of just average, or slightly above average intelligence, but pumped from day one in Med school as to sitting next to the right hand of God, especially their medical teaching Doctors, what can you expect.

Three weeks ago I went to a local cardiologist for a checkup because I had developed a left Brachial Artery Aneurysm about 2 inches long just above the elbow, in which the artery was approx up to 1/2 inch in diameter and so swollen up that it was almost doubled for lack of room. If it had doubled I would have been in real trouble.

He performed the usual Doppler etc tests then said "your circulatory system is just fine" When I gently pinched the major aneurysm to pull it slightly into view, he merely said relax, that is just a tendon, a tendon ?? That was almost an inch from the aneurysm. I said nothing but let him talk about this and that for a while then left.

At home I concentrated on it and it is now only about 3 /8 f an inch long and almost normal in diameter.

someday I will post a version of what I have found about cancer and , and if I am even remotely correct, the medical profession has been running around with their heads cut off as far as clear thinking goes.. Wanna check it out Beth?

Don Jose de La Mancha

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jose,

Certainly!

You are right about the right hand of God mentality.

The other issue that I think goes unnoticed - even by the docs, is the fact that they see the same things day, after day, after day - and I think, like most people - get used to just "doing the norm" - they get lax. They start making "assumptions".

Or - on the opposite side of the coin - they do WAY too much, trying to cover their behinds.

For every person out there - it is your responsibility to make sure that you are getting what you need from your medical professionals.

Beth

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beth

Sorry for the delay, I used Cesium chloride to eliminate any remains of the tumor, and rebalanced my pH to 6.4 in both Urine and saliva. with the Carey Reams technique. Under these conditions cancer simply cannot survive.
I originally accepted a radical neck dissection because the cancer in my neck was growing so fast, 1/16" a week . They wanted to give me Radiation and chemo, but I flatly refused.
Cesium chloride has a 1/2 life of approx 6 months after entering a cell. The course generally consists of 3 grams a day for a month. I decided that it could fill in the aux role of a clean up agent for the stray cancer cells that are floating around and assumed that it would keep my body fairly clean until it had time to rebuild it's natural defenses.
I will go into details in the next em if you wish.

Joseph Curry

p.s. Here is the 'uncorrected' theory that I had developed and used as my guide for my self treatment..

. To hyper simplify--------

A) At any one time there are literally millions of cancer and pre-cancer cells of different types circulating in our systems. Most are eliminated by our natural defenses, some of which are perhaps still not known.

B) However, there are always some that escape the primary search and destroy systems and so manage to continue on their path looking for a cozy place to settle down and start growing and reproducing.

C) This place can be anywhere that there is a lowering of natural defenses - EX., a physical wound, chemical depression, or even a psychologically induced state or belief.

D) Once established in a favorable location, the cancer cell undergoes a remarkable 'Chameleon' like adaption of it's host cells. It literally becomes indistinguishable from it's host and it is not detected by the body's defenses. So it is not attacked and is left to flourish,.

E) Since it is now "effectively" a duplicate host cell, it requires a different method to activate the natural defenses or to apply external means of eradicating it. Here lies one of the basic problems in dealing with cancer. Each colony (tumor) requires a different approach, generally because of it's host's acceptance or rejection,. So that the method of elimination is accepted by the host organ or location.. Many of our present methods fail here, they are tailored for acceptance by a particular region. organ. This is why we have cancer treatments labeled Liver, kidney, Colon, Bone, etc., however this method is not interchangeable and is often rejected by the cancer colonies host, shall we say a form of trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.

F) Here is where many of the alternate treatments thrive. They effectively by pass this and tend to attack the cancer ( tumor) itself, but not through the host, but by the defensive system. Some do this rapidly, others over a period of time.

G) Some go directly to the cancer cell and kill it by interfering with it's normal life system / cycle. Ex. Laetrile, oxygen Cesium Chloride etc., etc. ©@

- Don Jose de La Mancha

==============================================================

Regarding controlling Metastasis, again it is basically simple. Keeping the wording in simple terms --

Metastasis is simply a further breakdown of the bodies natural defenses.

As the breakdown continues from continued faulty diet, chemical attack, physical damage from one reason or another, including surgery, Radiation and chemo. the no's surviving abnormal cells- cancer - will increase and simultaneously the available weakened receptive areas or sites will increase also. Natural conclusion? Like boys and girls, they will get together.

Obviously it will appear that the original cancer / tumor was responsible but such is not the "primary" cause. Some of those increasing, constantly circulating new cancer cells which were not eliminated, will find newly created weak spots to settle in.

Genetic defects, both natural or induced, also partially fall into this category, with the same end result. Specific areas are weakened by nature or man.

The cure / control? Simple, first eliminate as much as possible the initial cause, then build up the natural defenses allowing the body to cure itself. This is done basically by simple diet and pH control as proven by many such regimes.

In the event that time is not available, the treatments such as Cesium chloride , laetrile, etc are extremely important to kill off the existing active cancer cells, thus stopping more tumor development and allowing the body to eliminate them.

Personally I stand in awe of some of the researchers, their work is fantastic, and in most cases, impeccable. But they are in the position of not seeing the tree because of the forest. ©@

Last edited by Tayopa on Fri Sep 28, 2002 11:37 pm.
=========================================================

I would suggest copying this data just in case---As the Mayan Indians told me during my explorations of the Quintana Roo /Belize jungles looking for Mayan ruins, "No one has seen tomorrows sun". Regardless of your thoughts today, it may be useful tomorrow.

Don Jose de La Mancha

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jose,

Good article.

Scientists have known for years that there are weird cells traveling around in the body. They call them "free radicals", and our bodies "watch" them, but don't do anything about them (per se - like your body would an infection), and they don't get called "cancer" until they find a place to land - and thrive. Free radicals have one major difference from our regular cells - they multiply at a faster rate.

I have always been interested in the ph factor. The scientists call it homeostasis - which is simply the body staying in balance. Electrolytes and all that stuff is simply a way to maintain homeostasis - balance - in this case, acid-based balance.

For years, folks used to talk about the "vinegar" cures. Of course, it sounds like more voodoo medicine - but it has a basis in fact. Through our foods, and what we drink, our acid-base balance can change - if it becomes to alkaline, we have big troubles. Everything from bladder trouble to kidney trouble to cancer. (cancer likes a little bit difference of balance than normal cells).

It is the very reason why some GOOD cancer establishments now incorporate certain dietary requirements - a holistic approach. And, they quite often have a higher cure rate (and I mean cure, not remission), than those that don't.

One of the other factors that they are still studying (and some are using quite well) is heat. When we are sick, we are not really feeling sick because of a disease, but from our bodies trying to fight that disease. Our bodies get fevers - which destroys many bad cells (makes us feel like crap, but its our body doing its job). There are a lot of new studies about eradicating cancer cells based on heat - because cancer cells reproduce at a faster rate than our regular cells, they are more susceptible to temperature (both cold and heat). Strangely enough, that also includes foods that are hot - like hot chili's.

There is an entire world out there dealing with these things, but, for the most part, doctor's use the "status quo" treatments - and, imo, we miss alot of beneficial treatments. It does not hurt anyone to do their homework about other treatments (that's NOT to say to stop conventional treatments), just that there is alot we can add to our own well-being and possible treatments.

Beth

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread