My almost forgottne youth

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI, my first was the Van with the 36 hp engine. I even pulled the engine once for a major in a Motel by myself used wooden blocks to support it while pulling it straight back. Putting it on the blocks later to reinstall it was fun.

Yep memories.

Don Jose de La Mancha

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never know the VW bugs had brakes, I thought they were like the old Fred Flintstone cars :icon_scratch:

Actually, you just reminded of the days I really don't miss that much. :tongue3: Yea, it was fun to a degree working on cars, but I don't miss the headaches of changing the brake shoes. :laughing7: My time was about 71, and I had a Plymouth Scamp. I can still feel scraped knuckles working that little brake pry thingamjiggy. :laughing7:

I do miss those days when we would get together on Saturday mornings, so are cars were good to go by the evening. Growing up in the city this was no easy task working on several cars either. Luckily, we had my former college only a few miles away and we used there parking lot... We would normally take turns working on each others cars and making the runs to the auto shops, where they would cut the drums. We would purchase other filters, oils, fluids, waxes and come and get the drums later to complete the job. By the end of the day, all the cars looked better than we did :tongue3:

Boy, the money we saved :laughing9:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread