Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005
With fall and winter approaching, which is typical of more colds, flu and other airborne viruses because of the continued increase of staying inside during colder weather, I thought I would say a few things about building up and or restoring your immunity to these nasty bugs beforehand. Generally speaking, most people don't get enough sun in the winter which leads to vitamin k shortages as well as other nutrients coming directly from sunlight. Also breathing stale and or recirculated air possibly depleated or low in oxygen makes us more susceptable. There are a few things which we can do to help insure our continued immunity to these things. For one, most people are deficient in minerals and even vitamins. Kelp can be used to restore these. It can be purchased in powder, pills, or capsules. If using powder, you can substitute it for salt in your recipes and enjoy the benefits of it that way. many people cook more during cooler wather and this is one good option. Studies are now being done on Kelp, and other seaweed, and they have produced some astonishing results, such as regrowing hair, boosting immunity, increasing protien levels, reducing cholesterol, cleansing the liver, and restoring heart health. We are just now rediscovering knowledge known thousands of years ago by native peoples around the world. The Japanese use it as a food supplement, and most ancient people used it as an antibiotic and antiseptic, as well as food. Today, we use it in toothpaste, cosmetics, shampoo, soaps and lots of other consumer products, and fertilizer. I suspect it will become even more valuable once everything is discovered of its remarkable uses. It has over 70 minerals, vitamins and amino acids, needed for maintaining a healthy body. Good Luck. rockhound

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
For fungus under the toenails use Vicks VapoRub. Put it on the nail and work it under the end. Do it for 3 nites in a row. The will die in about a week.
Another cure is swimming in salt water for about 3 straight hours. Frank

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We had lots of home remedies for every ailment imagined. Some of them probably worked, if the didn't kill you first. Coal oil was applied liberally to everything from bruises to amputations. I remember havin to swallow a big dollop of Vicks Vap-o-rub before goin to bed when I had a cold. Tobacco juice was applied to ticks to remove them. (All the grandparents chewed tobacco.) Horse mint rubbed on a mosquito bite kills the itch right there, for a little while anyway. For chiggers, douse the affected area with gasoline and set on fire. There's nothin that works on them, but if you're gonna be in misery, those little rascals should suffer too.

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
Hey Spart, it's good to see you again. I've been wondering about you seeing a how you haven't been on here
for a while. You were talking about poison ive, The best cure is a ice cube in a wash cloth. The ice cube will
freeze it up and makes it go away. and takes the itch out of it right away. The way we found that out is one
time my wife contacted it real bad on her ancles before the weekend when we had planned to visit the upper
penninsula and look for agates along the Lake Superior shoreline. We went anyway because she didn't just
want to sit home with her feet and ancles itching so bad. Well, we were wading in the water up to 6 or 8
inches deep. It was icy cold so you can't stay in long. When she stepped out of the water after about 15
minutes or so, she noticed her itch wasn't near so bad. We were in and out of the water several times that
day and by suppertime the poison ivy was all gone. After that if one of us contacted it (we had a lot of it on
our property at that time) we would put an ice cube on it. Just a few times will take it away.

Have a good day.

Ray

ohioaxeman

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2007
sandusky, ohio
RGINN said:
We had lots of home remedies for every ailment imagined. Some of them probably worked, if the didn't kill you first. Coal oil was applied liberally to everything from bruises to amputations. I remember havin to swallow a big dollop of Vicks Vap-o-rub before goin to bed when I had a cold. Tobacco juice was applied to ticks to remove them. (All the grandparents chewed tobacco.) Horse mint rubbed on a mosquito bite kills the itch right there, for a little while anyway. For chiggers, douse the affected area with gasoline and set on fire. There's nothin that works on them, but if you're gonna be in misery, those little rascals should suffer too.
Chiggers really are the worst! Though I havent tried the gasoline and match trick yet, it does sound like a remedy I might try! Nothing has worked yet but time!

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Something Funny, I had always called Nettles--Chiggers.. Never had a Chigger problem.. But a way to rid the burning from getting in a nettle patch... Here is a story..

Couple years back on the Shennandoah river.. My brother and I were out in the boat, Came up on a heck of a stand of bamboo.. I decided I was gonna step out of the boat and climb the bank for some bamboo shoots... So I grab weeds to pull me up the bank as I step out of the boat.. Guess what!, Nettles... Yep all over my legs, arms, Even all over the side of my face... Man o Man did that burn... Got the bamboo, Then made the boat tread water to camp... Tried alcohol pads, Nope! So I got out the duck tape.. It pulled them all out.. And within half hour no more redness/burning.. All gone..

olroy70

Feb 3, 2011
gainesville, tx
Detector(s) used
Garret 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
texastee2007 said:
If we whined about a boo boo when I was little dad would step on our foot...not real hard just enough to let you know that the boo boo wasn't all that bad....Oh how he would kid with us....they don't make dads like that anymore. Wish he was here right now, my shoulder is hurting....

Want me to come over and step on your foot????? :laughing9:

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
texastee2007 said:
olroy70 said:
texastee2007 said:
If we whined about a boo boo when I was little dad would step on our foot...not real hard just enough to let you know that the boo boo wasn't all that bad....Oh how he would kid with us....they don't make dads like that anymore. Wish he was here right now, my shoulder is hurting....

Want me to come over and step on your foot????? :laughing9:

only if you want to go fishing...LOL
Can I come too!!! Promise I won't wear my Swampers, Just sandals... :tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread