Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
survivalist and doomsday people?

I am on a farm board for chatting about growing your own, like gardening, raising livestock, etc. (I do farm lol) AND THE amt. of people who want to garden etc. seem to be very dramatic. the kind of "prepare for the world to fall apart" "I have guns and a garden and can eat one of my chickens".....the are very anti-social types also...lol...yea shoot the neighbor who picks your blackberries.

so what does everyone think about the extreme survival people out there?
are you one of them????? :laughing9:

K

Kentucky Kache

I garden and hunt, but it's because I love doing it, not because I'm preparing for doom. Doom is coming, but nothing we can do will help us.

F

Felinepeachy

FarmerChick said:
survivalist and doomsday people?

and can eat one of my chickens".....the are very anti-social types also..

Is it the chickens that are anti-social or the folks on that board? LOL

Anyway, I see nothing wrong with being prepared but they don't need to be so dramatic about it. If they were really smart they wouldn't go around telling everyone what they have. That way they can avoid the mad rush of neighbors needing supplies when the stuff hits the fan :tongue3:

[mod] Just a friendly reminder not to let this thread turn into a religious or political topic[/mod]

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Being the wandering type, when and if things get really bad I will just wander and scavenge. :icon_pirat:

My wife might have something to say about that though.

Your viscious dog morphed into a cute little puppy. :laughing9:

Hi Dano and Spart! :hello:

OP
OP
FarmerChick

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL thrill-----that was a barn cat...not a dog....scary kitty..... :laughing9:---but yea this is a pic of my new papillion puppy but now he is getting more hair and is cuter LOL

OP
OP
FarmerChick

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what gets me is if anyone types about "I bought a new dryer" or "I want a new toy like a big new shiny Hummer" or anything---these people get jumped on.....how dare anyone spend money on something so useless as a Hummer----or how dare you get a dryer to pollute, use a clothesline.
while some merit is in these statements in a way---geez, people have their own money to spend, so others should stop spending it for them lol

it is all about recycle, reuse, prepare for doomsday and THEY DON'T live that I see. strange to be obessed about doomsday, and miss living life Hmmm.....but I guess they are living the way they want, but I hate when others push their paranoia onto me :laughing7:

calisdad

Bronze Member
Sep 8, 2010
Groveland, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I imagine a lot of people are growing their own food because costs are rising so much. Not to mention store cards are a bit confusing because you can go online and print up specialized coupons so nobody is paying the same price for anything anymore. I know my neighbors chickens put up a dozen eggs a day so that part is nice.

As far as the bomb shelter dwellers, hey it keeps them off the street and out of traffic. As long as they aren't hurting anyone they are just practicing their freedoms. We keep about 3 months supply of food on hand. It pays to buy in bulk when things are on sale.

OP
OP
FarmerChick

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
calisdad said:
As long as they aren't hurting anyone they are just practicing their freedoms.

yes that is true, they are loner types in cabins in the woods lol
but problem is they still have internet access and drive me nutso on this board HA HA HA

OP
OP
FarmerChick

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
texastee2007 said:
FarmerChick said:
what gets me is if anyone types about "I bought a new dryer" or "I want a new toy like a big new shiny Hummer" or anything---these people get jumped on.....how dare anyone spend money on something so useless as a Hummer----or how dare you get a dryer to pollute, use a clothesline.
while some merit is in these statements in a way---geez, people have their own money to spend, so others should stop spending it for them lol

it is all about recycle, reuse, prepare for doomsday and THEY DON'T live that I see. strange to be obessed about doomsday, and miss living life Hmmm.....but I guess they are living the way they want, but I hate when others push their paranoia onto me :laughing7:

is that considered a Oxymoron? recycle we are all doomed?

LOL but they don't want to buy new, don't want to spend their money on anything but ammo and bunkers lol

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dear Moderator,
That kitty you laid on poor Dano was a hoot! So, should this thread get of hand could you please use more of these funny images before you shut this thread completely down? :laughing7:

Dano, I think you've been pounced upon again. Not sure, but you may be nearing some sort of record? :laughing7:

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good morning FarmerChick & thrillathahunt :hello:

Just sitting back taking it all in for now :happy1: :laughing7:

I just hope that people know how to play and word things carefully, so this post can survive :tongue3:

Oh, oh, I used the survived word :laughing7:

If things aren't hopping by this afternoon, I'll take both sides of the issue and wear myself out.. :laughing9:

OP
OP
FarmerChick

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
EEK--yikes
seems this thread is a doomsday bomb of some sort???

hey I use that kitty in my avatar before long ago...but the black snarl cat seemed to fit me better LOL

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I was a teenager I was into extreme athletics but after several broken bones I decided to exchange that extreme activity in for the extreme activity of chasing women. This new extreme activity lasted well into my twenties but after spending a half-million dollars and two failed marriages I decided to exchange that extreme activity in for those extreme activities enjoyed in the great outdoors. This new extreme activity last well into my forties but after another half-million dollars and two fines for petting the wildlife I finally gave up this extreme activity as well. Now I live my life in total moderation, I fish a little, hunt a little, play a little shuffleboard, checkout the chicks on the beach every now and then, but my extreme days are over and done with. Would love to tell you more about it but right now my socks need double folding, there’s a crease in my pants that needs tending, my eyebrows need trimmed, and I just spotted a tiny piece of lint on the floor! :laughing7:

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry......I can't say what I really want to say here. My opinion might offend somebody or get the thread deleted.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FarmerChick said:
hey I use that kitty in my avatar before long ago...but the black snarl cat seemed to fit me better LOL

Boy, oh boy... It's going to get good :happy1:

I'm want to sit back and wait for the other cat to show up.. Maybe we'll get to see a cat fight :tongue3:

So far, this is a very tame post... We'll have to wait for cavalry to show up and pump some debate into this. I guess as soon as they are finished polishing up their guns and storing their supplies we may yet see some action :tongue3:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
texastee2007 said:
bigscoop said:
When I was a teenager I was into extreme athletics but after several broken bones I decided to exchange that extreme activity in for the extreme activity of chasing women. This new extreme activity lasted well into my twenties but after spending a half-million dollars and two failed marriages I decided to exchange that extreme activity in for those extreme activities enjoyed in the great outdoors. This new extreme activity last well into my forties but after another half-million dollars and two fines for petting the wildlife I finally gave up this extreme activity as well. Now I live my life in total moderation, I fish a little, hunt a little, play a little shuffleboard, checkout the chicks on the beach every now and then, but my extreme days are over and done with. Would love to tell you more about it but right now my socks need double folding, there’s a crease in my pants that needs tending, my eyebrows need trimmed, and I just spotted a tiny piece of lint on the floor! :laughing7:

Dear bigscoop....please come over....the heat has chased our pup into the tank and when he came out he rolled on the very dry lawn trying to "towel" off....he then made a fuss and before I noticed what he had done he has entered the house and spread dead lawn from here to kingdom come on the way to his blanket....I have swept twice and mopped once already today...now it is almost time to turn the air on and cool things down and it looks like I have to get after that floor again..if you can spot lint on your floor perhaps you could sweep ours...I'm pooped. LOL I'll let you catch all the catfish you can eat.

Dear Tee, after reading your offer I have decided to give up my latest extreme activity. :laughing7: However, "How big do the catfish get?"

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
texastee2007 said:
spartacus53 said:
FarmerChick said:

Boy, oh boy... It's going to get good :happy1:

I'm want to sit back and wait for the other cat to show up.. Maybe we'll get to see a cat fight :tongue3:

So far, this is a very tame post... We'll have to wait for cavalry to show up and pump some debate into this. I guess as soon as they are finished polishing up their guns and storing their supplies we may yet see some action :tongue3:

Who's got time to polish them....were busy using them.....boy I love the smell of gun oil in the morning...

Poor catfish. :laughing7:

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I am not an extremists, but a survivalists? Yes, maybe, just depends on the situation. I was raised all my life it isn't about someone elses turf, it is about mine and my needs. My wants are way out there, but reality down to it, it is about needs. I want a Hummer, I need my current truck to be reliable with a full tank of diesel in case I need to make an emergency trip somewhere. I want to win the lottery, but I need just enough money to get me by! I want a big mansion, with 1000 acres and a pool, but I need my home to be safe, with running clean water, plenty of room to move around, and secured!

I don't have a garden, but I do have ammo, won't say how much, but I will say I need all I have. I can hunt, fish, and certainly protect my turf wherever that may be at the time!

Those who tread on me will soon find that I will use such force as if they got ran over by (50) 40 ton tanks! I don't play around. Fact is I feel like I am living in the wrong time zone, but reality of it is I am here. Everything in the world is going haywire. Maybe I feel this way because I thrive for such peace and harmony and wishing we could all get along, but preparing for the worst, everyone should be prepared.

Everyone has different opinions and beliefs, but it is those who are not prepared only to be left as herds of sheep in the coral without anywhere to go but wait for their end.

Me? I am taking my chances and I am going to decide how my life ends, not someone else deciding for me! After all it is all about CHOICE and that is MINE ALL MINE!!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread