spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess you can call writing threads and posts a job, especially if you were getting paid.. Face it, the only writer's currently making money on the computer are published authors, and some blog writer's. Writing a book sounds like way too much work for me, so if I had a choice I'd love to get paid for writing blogs. There are probably only a handful of blogger's that can make a living at it, but I'd love to give it a try.

After all, writing post, after post, and thread after thread, I should be making some money because this is a job

Because right now, this is a job. If I advance any higher, this would be my career. And if this were my career, I'd have to throw myself in front of a train.

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
"In every work of art the subject is primordial, whether the artist knows it or not. The measure of the formal qualities is only a sign of the measure of the artist's obsession with his subject; the form is always in proportion to the obsession."
Alberto Giacometti

This place has taken a lot of my time in the past, and still a bit of time nowadays. Pushing the envelope can be intriguing to explore as long as the rationale is well understood and not a device used to obfuscate some, perhaps, simple needs that may not be addressed elsewhere in our lives. I can empathize with this, whether or not this is your dilemma.

You've probably just sucked me into one of you Machiavellian machinations once again :evil6:

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
blog writing

when did the word blog come into the language? hmmm...blog, blog, blah, blah

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It may sound like a joke, but there are a very few people that make 6 figures doing this :thumbsup:

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you got the time and wherewithal, and enjoy it, more power to ya Spart. :icon_salut: :smileinbox:

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds to me, son, like you need to get a job. :laughing7:

Best,
Scott

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AU24K, If I'm not mistaken, weren't you taking writing courses about 2 years ago. :icon_scratch:

Trust me, if I had he talent, I'd have no problem writing and collecting nice fat paycheck :thumbsup:

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
spartacus53 said:
AU24K, If I'm not mistaken, weren't you taking writing courses about 2 years ago. :icon_scratch:

Ah, yes, you remember my college days, as do I.
At my advanced age, the only reason that I remember them is because
I'm still in my college days! :tongue3:

I dunno, guess it helps keep me young. (The eye candy ain't bad, either.)

Best,
Scott

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AU24K, I was curious if you wanted to make it a profession... There are several others on here like bigscoop that really have a talent when it comes to writing. bigscoop has a smooth slow flow, and it seems effortless.

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
spartacus53 said:
AU24K, I was curious if you wanted to make it a profession... There are several others on here like bigscoop that really have a talent when it comes to writing. bigscoop has a smooth slow flow, and it seems effortless.

Hmmm.....
Haven't really given it much thought...I've got other fish to fry.
I'm just a stickler for correct spelling and grammatical usages; offenses are like fingernails on a chalkboard to me...

(How was that for an audible transitional comparison?)

Best,
Scott

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That my good man, is why I don't write :laughing9: But I do have stories to tell :thumbsup:

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
spartacus53 said:
That my good man, is why I don't write :laughing9: But I do have stories to tell :thumbsup:

It helps, my Friend, to have the command of vocabulary that I have; (especially when writing college papers) It comes from reading books from different periods of time and of differnt styles, fiction and mostly non-fiction. I also do Sunday crossword puzzles in ink. (Tax forms in pencil... :laughing7:)

Best,
Scott

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tax forms in pencil :dontknow: wimp :tongue3:

I guess I'm decent in the vocabulary and spelling, grammar and punctuation... Well that's another story :tongue3:

Yes, I still do crosswords and I have taken a fondness to Sudoku puzzles now.

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
spartacus53 said:

THANKS Spart! But if you ever saw my hand writing you'd take that statement back. That's why I don't take notes, because I can't read them. :laughing7:

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bigscoop, that's why we have keyboards... Doctors even laugh at my hand writing :tongue3:

The point is that I have seen several that had an ability to write well... Me, I just supply the short stories

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Contrary to what many believe, I am pretty much all over this site. There are several forums were people are familiar with some of my different works.

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In other words,
You are lost.

Scott

PS.
Be of good cheer, My Friend, for I understand that not all who wander are lost.
This best probably describes me....and you, as well, my Friend....
We have a journey before us; most would call it, "Life."
How is your "Journey" goin'?
Any chance that we'll cross paths?
I'm in Georgia. And You?

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AU24K, I'd love to reply to you this instant, but somehow I find lost in that Sudoku puzzle you sent me :laughing7: It's actually pretty good, I started with the puzzle on the left, then moved to the one on the right to help solve the center portion.

I'm up in NJ, rarely metal detect as my time is now spend tracking down the Jersey Devil.. I've been following several sets of tracks for months now, but I believe I am in the correct region. I am in the epicenter of activity and seem to lose the trail when I get right up to my house :laughing9:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread