What was your favorite game you played when you were a kid?

Wayne P

Mar 28, 2010
Fayetteville, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Blisstool and Fisher F 75 SE
Growing up in the inner city of Pgh. we played "Kick the Stick". Using the four manhole covers as bases and a broom handle broken to about 10" and sharpened at the end it was played like baseball. You stuck the sharpened end of the stick into the hole in the manhole cover and kicked it at the opposing team who tried to catch it or throw you out as you ran the bases. Nightime we switched to Gangster waterguns and water ballon battles between "Gangs".

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We used to play Trouble,Battleship,Life,Sorry or we played outside allot.

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
packerbacker said:
Is lighting off cherry bombs and m80's in the movie theater considered a "game"? On one occasion I was walking by my girlfriend's house in the middle of the night with a friend of mine. For some reason her dad and I didn't get along at all and we had to be sneaky about our relationship. Anyway, it was around the 4th of July and I had a few cherry bombs left over. I knew which windows were to her parents bedroom and I noticed one of them was open and a gentle breeze was causing the lightweight curtains to flow in and out of the window. Need I say more? >:D
No that doesnt qualify as a childs game neither does dropping a cherry bomb in a school toilet.

OP
OP
thrillathahunt

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neither does throwing a smoke bomb through the window into the girls dressing room!!! >:D :nono:

Bad, bad, bad.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Don't recall playin any games as a kid,my Brother and I were always outside,down the crik fishing,swimming,throwing stones at gaters,cotton mouths,catchin cradads and just really looking for adventure in life.The children of today are a different breed,no morals,no values,selfish.Now don't go blamin the kids,after all they are a reflection,an image,an image of the PARENT,which PARENT?The ONE who STANDS on what HE or SHE KNOWS in their heart,what is RIGHT.I don't see that in people,well two that I know personally.These MEN are MEN of GOD.That is what was driving me as a child.I had my stumbles and falls growing along the way,I'm growing out of it,I stopped BLAMING people for what ever went WRONG in my life.What was WRONG was ME!LORD THANK YOU FOR YOUR LOVE show me how to be a MAN of GOD.Recon theres no sense playin games,set aside distractions that draw you into your THINKING and FEELING self.Be STILL,simply observe what is going on{pure craziness,from our own familys}I for one don't live in that world,I am in it but I'm not of it .Are YOU?

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thrillathahunt said:
poorhunter78 said:
How about Rollie Pollie.

You mean as in rolling down a hill? or the bug? :dontknow:
played with ball and bat. after the batter hit the ball he layed the bat down. Whoever caught the ball. sometimes a scuffle for it. had to roll the ball and if he hit the bat. it was his turn to bat. Now the batter wanted to stay up. so the farther yuh hit the ball the better yer chance to stay at bat.

OP
OP
thrillathahunt

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh yeah, I remember that game, didn't know what it was called though. :thumbsup:

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never had a name fer it but we would pull the cat tails out by the roots. Make like a spear with a mud bomb on end. Brother stuck 1 to the side of neighbors head filled his ear with mud. We were threatened to not play that anymore. So we would venture farther from home to play.

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
poorhunter78 said:
Never had a name fer it but we would pull the cat tails out by the roots. Make like a spear with a mud bomb on end. Brother stuck 1 to the side of neighbors head filled his ear with mud.
lol I dont know why that made me laugh. I hope he was not hurt.

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
"Mumbly peg" eh? Lol, we called it "split the kipper" in the UK, and did it the opposite way around. We'd start with our feet together and move a foot to where the knife landed, the object being to make your opponent fall over or "give up". If you had your opponent at full stretch you could then try to throw the knife directly between his legs (into the ground thank you lol) "splitting the kipper", which if completed succesfully allowed you to restart from the feet together position while your opponent remained stretched. We didn't use a peg. A "kipper" is a fish, in my house usually "smoked" with a wonderful taste, but wayyyyyyyyy too many little bones. I have no idea where the names for some of these games originated ,lol.

The amount of things i used to do as a child of the 60's & 70's outside of the house would bore you all to death, but most are very similar to your own experiences. This was at a time when "America" (it was never the "USA" or the "US" until the mid 80's) was "a country somewhere full of cowboys and indians!" American infuence only came to us via TV through the lone ranger, the Virginian, the Rifleman, and the high chapperal. Think i was about 16 before i realised America was actually a modern country! :laughing9:

mojjax

Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just dug out my 1972 Sears cataloge "wish book" .........oh the memories :hello:

Attachments

• sears 002.jpg
    sears 002.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 231
  • sears 003.jpg
    sears 003.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 228
  • sears 004.jpg
    sears 004.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 228
  • sears 010.jpg
    sears 010.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 227

mojjax

Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We dressed pretty sharp back then :tongue3:

Attachments

• sears 017.jpg
    sears 017.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 240
  • sears 016.jpg
    sears 016.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 233
  • sears 015.jpg
    sears 015.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 239
OP
OP
thrillathahunt

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How the heck did we go from board games to bras and panties? :laughing9:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thrillathahunt said:
How the heck did we go from board games to bras and panties? :laughing9:

In four words..."A Group of Men!" :laughing7:
Go ahead, hand us any cataloge with female models in it, a couple of beers, and see where it eventually goes. :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread