Great Deal Showcase

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• boat12.jpg
    boat12.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 332

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice, looks like you got yourself a good deal :thumbsup: I guess you'll forget about making that raft thingy

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
spartacus53 said:
Nice, looks like you got yourself a good deal :thumbsup: I guess you'll forget about making that raft thingy

Actually, I have another "possible" great deal arriving within the next few days/week. Sight unseen but for $50.00 I figured it was worth the shot. Can't wait to see what I bought. :dontknow:

gadigger81

Apr 12, 2011
Trion, Ga
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATP
You stole that boat!! Congrads!! We have been looking for a pontoon. We are looking at the Bass Bugy. Brand new w/ trailer and 40 hp merc you can pick up for bout $14,000. We really don't want to buy a new one though cause, like everything else, the drop in value. Congrads again, hope I can run across a deal like that! :laughing7:

K

Kentucky Kache

If you ever want to get rid of it, and are willing to lend me $700.00, I'll take it off your hands. ;D

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kentucky Kache said:
If you ever want to get rid of it, and are willing to lend me $700.00, I'll take it off your hands. ;D

I just bought a pirate hat, an eye patch, a parrot, a crossbones flag, a gold earring, and a wooden peg leg. They told me a cannon was out of the question. :laughing7: So needless to say, I'm keeping it for a while. :hello2:

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
texastee2007 said:
bigscoop said:
Kentucky Kache said:

I just bought a pirate hat, an eye patch, a parrot, a crossbones flag, a gold earring, and a wooden peg leg. They told me a cannon was out of the question. :laughing7: So needless to say, I'm keeping it for a while. :hello2:

So...what are you going to name her?

Well, that's my sister's job, so hard telling. :dontknow: But I have a feeling it's going to be something unmanly. :laughing7: In fact, she has her mind made up that it's getting painting so it may end up hot pink with purple bunnies on it? But, as long as it floats and runs I really don't care as long as everyone enjoys it. (That's why I bought the john boat, that one is going to be an all man boat! :laughing7:)

K

Kentucky Kache

bigscoop said:
Kentucky Kache said:

I understand. Hey, don't trust just anyone fitting that wooden leg. I learned the hard way. :laughing7:

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know, Tee actually got me to thinking. I don't much care what gets done with the pontoon, that was purchased as a family fun machine most of the time, but the john boat...well....now that boat needs a good name! Anybody have any suggestions? I'm all ears. "Arg! Hand me my wading shoes and fly rod!" :laughing7:

TN_MD

Jan 6, 2011
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV , Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101 , Radio Shack 2v6 ,Cen-Tech Pin Pointer MD , And a Homebuilt M.D.
Congrats !! that's one heck of a Deal !!

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TN_MD said:
Congrats !! that's one heck of a Deal !!

I just noticed the "aluminum recovery tech" under your avitar.... :laughing7: That's clever. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That $50 john boat, well, there was a reason it was only $50. I think every rivet in it is leaking. Not sure the seller didn't get the better part of the deal. :laughing7:

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NaturalJWL said:
What would it cost to spray inside with rhino hide bed liner >?

Just a thought.

Been looking into solutions today. Looked into the bed liner notion, but I think it would have to be applied to the outside in order to seal all the rivets, inside has riveted seats that wouldn't allow for a complete seal. Then I'm not sure the liner would stick to the aluminum all that well? Can do it for around $100.00 but just not sure it would work yet. :dontknow: The boat weighs about 70lbs so at 1.133 scrap value I can always go that route and start looking again. :laughing7:

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bigscoop said:
NaturalJWL said:

Just a thought.

Been looking into solutions today. Looked into the bed liner notion, but I think it would have to be applied to the outside in order to seal all the rivets, inside has riveted seats that wouldn't allow for a complete seal. Then I'm not sure the liner would stick to the aluminum all that well? Can do it for around $100.00 but just not sure it would work yet. :dontknow: The boat weighs about 70lbs so at 1.133 scrap value I can always go that route and start looking again. :laughing7:
BS, JB waterweld. I put it on my 12' jonny and cured the leaky rivets.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
poorhunter78 said:
bigscoop said:
NaturalJWL said:

Just a thought.

BS, JB waterweld. I put it on my 12' jonny and cured the leaky rivets.

Give me a bit and I'll post a pic of the boat, looks like every rivet has been JB'd before but I can see a few that look really bad, other areas of the past weld are chipped or broken away, and one rivet is completely gone. I'm guessing every spot will have to be cleaned back down the rivet and aluminum? This boat is really rough! :laughing7: All advice and past experience gladly accepted!

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's the mess

Attachments

• j2.jpg
    j2.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 214
  • j1.jpg
    j1.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 212

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BigScoop, I will try and get yuh a pic up here of the work I did on my old jon boat.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread