People will riot for the loss of their team, but not at the loss of liberties.

Saturna

Bronze Member
May 24, 2008
Nanaimo, B.C. Canada
Detector(s) used
White's 4900 DL Max, Tesoro Deleon
Yes, it was pretty disgraceful alright.

Young, wound up males + alcohol + under estimating the situation by the police = riot.

What a shame.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bunch of Spoiled little Brats (loosers).

Outlaw Hockey :laughing7:

They would outlaw Rock Concerts if this Happened
Regularly at them.

Or Mabybe Don't Give out Tropheys anymore.

Give each team a Certificate of
attendence at the end & Make them
do the "good game, good game, good game, good game,"
walk before they leave the field :headbang:

CaptainRobin

Mar 14, 2006
The Peach State
Detector(s) used
Whatever it takes to get the coon.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I don't follow sports, so no riot there on my part. I HAVE, however, been about to riot over a business attempting to deny me my Second Ammendment rights... reckon we're about to part ways.
Robin

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jeff of pa, you were so close to the correct answer and you even had have part of it... :laughing7:

Actually, the best way to play sports is to not keep score at all; just like they do for the kids on those peewee teams..

At the end of the game "everyone" wins and there are no hurt feelings :laughing9:

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sports games etc. lets off steam....all built up over the crap in life we have to handle.
just an outlet. seems nuts huh

S

Smee

Actually, stuff like this is the result of the "let's don't keep score" generation.

It's just the childish behavior and easily hurt feelings carrying over into their adult years (but they still don't behave like adults).

Keeping score helps you to understand that not everyone wins all the time. If you don't learn how to deal with losing, you cry --- or in their case riot.

Be real! It's all the crybaby foolishness coming home to roost.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've never understood the value we place on athletes? I've never understood the cost people endure to just to watch these athletes? And I've never understood hwy it is that people feel so personally attached to these athletes that they allow it to impact their own lives in such way? :dontknow:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I played sports all through school, and after for quite some time, so while I played it effected me personally so there was reason for the emotions to be there. But I don't understand those same emotions coming into play for people who are not personally involved, as if it all impacts their personal life in some way? I don't get it? :dontknow:

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bigscoop said:
I've never understood the value we place on athletes? I've never understood the cost people endure to just to watch these athletes? And I've never understood hwy it is that people feel so personally attached to these athletes that they allow it to impact their own lives in such way? :dontknow:

why do people put value on THEM

cause lives are small and boring and dull and mundane trying to survive...yikes you need something ya know :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread