Measuring Brilliance

Which possesses a greater degree of brilliance

• The ability to set future goals and then achieve them through hard work and effort.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The ability to perceive future goals and then achieve them through the hard work and efforts of othe

• They are the same, no difference.

• Who sets goals?

• This is too deep for me, I'm going to the non-sense forum.

• Total voters
OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GaDigger81 said:
It's so easy to get into politics with this one!!!! I'll hush...... :laughing7:

I know, even as I was writing it I thought, "Oh no, this one could get booted". :laughing7:

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow Regis, Can I use a lifeline! :laughing9:

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
poorhunter78 said:
Wow Regis, Can I use a lifeline! :laughing9:

That's why you can change your vote. My first answer came easy until I thought about all the possible scenarios. I mean, who has more brilliance, they guy that designed the rocket or the guy who can quietly observe others and cause them to push the button?

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not too many on the poll yet, but as usual I stand alone on this one :thumbsup:

I went with they are the same... This type of scenario was used in various debates throughout my school tears, only the subject matter was slightly different.

The median question was, "Is it the man that makes the times, or the times that make a man."

Like most things in life, there are normally 2 sides to a story :laughing7:

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I picked the same because 1 and 2 are basic----if you can actually do the work (like physically build a rocket yourself) --then do the work and achieve that goal........but if you can think and design that rocket, and don't have a clue on how to tighten a nut or build a propulsion system, then you perceive the goal but achieve that goal thru others who can do this work.

and now I am off to the nonsense board

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
#2 one man can do only ones mans work in a days time , but might lolly gag about while doing it --but a bright minded person can direct the work of many as a "task master" , thus in effect getting more effective and useful "work" out of many people in that same days time .

but #1 -- might be the "leaders" work (#2)-- leading folks is "hard work and requires much effort"

so in a way it might be #3 :wink: ;D

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bigscoop---are you going to post that none of this is correct, there is an obvious answer we are missing and then tell us we are not brillant? ah, I want to be brillant.... :-*

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Viewing the answers on this poll, is no more helpful than audience participation in "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire" :laughing7:

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FarmerChick said:
bigscoop---are you going to post that none of this is correct, there is an obvious answer we are missing and then tell us we are not brillant? ah, I want to be brillant.... :-*

Nope...no sneaky tactics here, just exploring the subject of brilliance. And you are brilliant, as most people are in some unique way. :thumbsup:

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
TO PROVE THAT LIGHT IS FASTER THAN SOUND --

LOTS OF FOLKS LOOK BRIGHT UNTIL THEY SPEAK.

gadigger81

Apr 12, 2011
Trion, Ga
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATP
Lets see how I can explain it without getting into politics...... :dontknow:.......... :sign13: Ok, Brilliance is the word we are using, swap the word with lazy. :laughing7: A brilliant (lazy) man will get the HELP from others, while he gains everything and doesn't have to lift a finger the first time. I wouldn't call him brilliant just scum living off everybody elses hard work.

Thats not what we are looking for though. We are looking for a brilliant man/woman. I would have to change my vote then. I believe brilliant is knowing what your going after and putting in the hard work yourself. Honor comes with that also. First, He knows what he/she wants in life. (brilliant) Second, he/she saves money doing it themselves. (brilliant) Thats my vote and I'm sticking to it! :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't just base your judgements on the examples I post here, as there are many examples to explore. In fact, let's see/hear some more comparisons and examples to ponder. :thumbsup:

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
inventors

many are brillant, can make a 'prototype' but need the experience and expertise of manufacturers usually to put it into fruition and handling marketing to get it into the general public for purchase. Edison did not invent the light bulb on his own..he had a team. so he used the brillance of others with himself to make a brillant invention.

I truly think most people are dependent on others at some point. If we were not, why have people around? I mean why not kill off everyone 'not' needed. (ya'll watch out cause I can pull the trigger fast :laughing9: :laughing9:)

ok is that a good example...I am not brillant enough to know :laughing7:

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Which came first? The Chicken or the Egg? :laughing9:

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
according to the bible god made the animals --so the chicken, biblically speaking. :wink:

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bigscoop said:
poorhunter78 said:
Which came first? The Chicken or the Egg? :laughing9:

"The Rooster!" :laughing9:

a rooster is a chicken, so you are voting chicken

and not saying a hen? :laughing9: :laughing9:

for me egg came first because 2 chicken looking critters somehow got together over drinks one night at the Jurassic Park Bar and Grille and produced a modern day chicken.....those original parents should be given a medal considering how much chicken we eat on this planet!! ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread