What Kind/Brand of Knife Do you carry/use most often?

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Buck sheath knife, Shrade pocket knife. :thumbsup:

Fossis............

OP
OP
poorhunter78

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
truckinbutch said:
"Boy ! If you'da been payin attention to what ya was doin ; you would'na lost it in the first place ."
Better give it to him when yuh take supper! :o Least yuh might get away without lashes! :laughing7:

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
poorhunter78 said:
truckinbutch said:
"Boy ! If you'da been payin attention to what ya was doin ; you would'na lost it in the first place ."
Better give it to him when yuh take supper! :o Least yuh might get away without lashes! :laughing7:
You are goin with me , camera in hand , to record the event . If he gets rowdy you will be
the first to feel his foot 'cause I'm gonna trip ya before I take off runnin :tongue3:

OP
OP
poorhunter78

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
truckinbutch said:
poorhunter78 said:
truckinbutch said:
You are goin with me , camera in hand , to record the event . If he gets rowdy you will be
the first to feel his foot 'cause I'm gonna trip ya before I take off runnin :tongue3:
:tongue3: :help:

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At work for cutting boxes and just about everything else, the utility knife I found about 4 years ago.
first class ring 001.jpg

I've been using my SOG Powerplier for at least the past decade at work.
first class ring 001.jpg

Outside of work, this is what I've been carrying for the past 13 years. Inexpensive knife, but it's handled everything I've thrown at it.
165.JPG

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    45.4 KB · Views: 201
OP
OP
poorhunter78

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The top one a Schrade, with rubberized green handle. I like this one to filet with, Requires sharpening more often.

The middle is a Uncle Henry-Schrade. It has a stiffer blade, I prefer it for doing all the cutting. When cleaning fish before I filet them.

The bottom is a Rapala, With a homemade JB weld handle. This lil baby I love for slicing Jerky strips with. Yes the origional handle was wood, It was faullty and came apart.

Attachments

• 016.JPG
    016.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 192

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800, Minelab SE PRO, Minelab X-Terra Pro & 14 other machines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
poorhunter78 said:
WIT said:
I've wanted to the Gerber Junior Machete for some time now. I know it's just a cheapie and sells for under $20 but it has great reviews and I'd probably only bring it with when I'm detecting.
I have the bigger version, Only $24.99 + tax. With a sheath. I would recommend this one for chopping and cutting. Seems the shorter one would be harder to generate enough force to cut as much as the bigger model. I keep mine hooked on the 4 wheeler for hanging limbs and such.
Poorhunter78

I thought about getting the bigger one but I don't think I really need it. I'd probably just be using it for weeds, small branches, brush etc. I do know that I'll be making my own leather sheath for it though.

willie d said:
At work for cutting boxes and just about everything else, the utility knife I found about 4 years ago.

Yup, I have my HUSKY with me all day, every day.

photo.JPG

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: What Kind/Brand ofs Knife Do you carry/use most often?

I'm carryin everyday some lesser brands. A CRKT tanto blade and and 3 blade Winchester gentleman's pocket knife. I basically use them as screw drivers and pry bars. Apparently these are considered deadly weapons, because certain venues will not allow me in with them. I have a military bayonet I use when detecting. I have several others that I don't carry, like Buck, Remington, Smith & Wesson, Schrade, but I got them. I can not conceive of a man who doesn't carry a knife, cause it comes in handy sometimes, but apparently there are many who don't these days. How can you be a bona fide grandpa and not have a pocketknife. Or two.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Don't carry it,but I sure have used it!WildTurkey. 001.JPG Any you boys been to SmokyMountainKnifeWorks in Sevierville Tennessee?If your a knife man it's well worth it!!!!!

OP
OP
poorhunter78

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: What Kind/Brand ofs Knife Do you carry/use most often?

RGINN said:
I'm carryin everyday some lesser brands. A CRKT tanto blade and and 3 blade Winchester gentleman's pocket knife. I basically use them as screw drivers and pry bars. Apparently these are considered deadly weapons, because certain venues will not allow me in with them. I have a military bayonet I use when detecting. I have several others that I don't carry, like Buck, Remington, Smith & Wesson, Schrade, but I got them. I can not conceive of a man who doesn't carry a knife, cause it comes in handy sometimes, but apparently there are many who don't these days. How can you be a bona fide grandpa and not have a pocketknife. Or two.
Never hurts to have about 50 spares, Never know!
I even got a Fred Bear. :headbang:

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005
I collect knives and used to have about 150 but don't collect as much as I used to. I have sold probably 100 of my collection to other collectors.I use to have a Case collection,a Buck collection,Uncle Henry(Shrade)collection,Boker collection and a German Eye collection. Only have the Boker and German Eye left. Some odd pieces of Uncle Henry and Buck as well as some Case and Kissing Crane,Puma, Hen and Rooster,old Remington,and Schrade Walden. I also have a collection of butterfly knives. I used to love collectin knives but lately have not done much in collecting any. Good luck. rockhound
P S. I have two sod busters like yours,one is smal the other one is large.Both are stainless.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread